• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

I read today that Trump is planning on meeting with some far right christian group to discuss a way to eliminate all abortions, including those that were the result of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger or the fetus can't survive.....How did this happen?
Where did you read this, Motherjones per chance? I'm not saying it isn't happening but a link would be helpful.
It amazes me how anyone with an IQ over 70, can support this man. *sigh*
Are we all supposed to hold our nose and vote for Brandon and Harris because of a fairly minor issue in the grand scheme of things?
Naw, I'd say one should vote for Biden because Trump tried to overthrow the results of the last election. Everything else is depressing gravy.

Are we all supposed to hold our nose and vote for Brandon and Harris because of a fairly minor issue in the grand scheme of things?
Rumps self-centered lust for power is not a minor issue.
That's not what I was referring to but hey-ho.

Unless you have some sort of evidence.
It was actually Rump who tried to steal the last election, while accusing the opposition. That is a MAJOR issue
fake_electors_plot
google fake electors plot

This is a different election fella. You're living in the past.

I read today that Trump is planning on meeting with some far right christian group to discuss a way to eliminate all abortions, including those that were the result of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger or the fetus can't survive.....How did this happen?
Where did you read this, Motherjones per chance? I'm not saying it isn't happening but a link would be helpful.
Naw, I'd say one should vote for Biden because Trump tried to overthrow the results of the last election. Everything else is depressing gravy.
If you believe that then go for it (y)

he likely believes it because it’s a fairly well documented fact. Some people have even already pleaded guilty to the criminal plan. Others have been indicted and awaiting trial. Including Donald Trump himself.

It is kind of hard to believe anything else. We know he lost, we know he knew he lost, we know he conspired to get state legislatures (AZ, PA, WI) to overturn their own results, we know his team of minions conspired to create fake sets of electors in which several people committed felonies in multiple states, we know that Trump tried to conspire to have the Georgia SoS find some votes, we know he and friends concocted the January 6th plan, we know that Pence was provided an amended script to read from to begin the process of sending the election to Congress and out of the hands of the Electoral College, and we know he egg'd on his supporters during the Capitol invasion after VP Pence didn't do it. These aren't opinions.

Someone wants to overlook it, they can. I really have no idea why they would want to though.

It (meaning traditional outlets) are attempting to report things straight down the middle when IMO this nation is in a serious crisis. They've made no adjustments. It's as if it were Dole vs. Clinton, both of whom were legitimate candidates, rather than a legitimate candidate vs. a self-proclaimed would-be tyrant.

I don’t think that’s the way news reporting is supposed to work. You want all news to be controlled by the state offering one view. Who’s the tyrant now?

We are in a crisis now. A crisis that Biden created.

Right now, the entire news reporting apparatus should be sounding the alarm, but they're not. As I said before, they lost the conservative audience years, if not decades ago, but there are millions of actual independents* and currently disinterested people they need to find a way to appeal to.

*About half of all claimed "independents" are MAGATs in poorly made skin suits.

It’s not the job of the news media to campaign for your preferred candidate. Although most of them did in 2016 and 2020 and they weren’t even subtle about it. I expect they are much the same this time
What I'm talking about is negligence. We're a step away from tyranny and the media is turning a blind eye towards that in a frightened attempt to not be biased.
Nah. That's just your paranoia at work. Unless you have some sort of evidence.

Finally, I never said anything about the state controlling the media, but the great irony of your poorly written fiction is that outlets like Fox News would reap huge gains from a Trump/GOP raping of our most important institutions. Outlets like Fox News wouldn't have to worry about the government because they're already propaganda arms of fascism. They'd survive and thrive under an authoritarian government, much like the state controlled media in North Korea does now.

I just can't with this nonsense.
Uh-huh. There's about a half step of difference between what Fox does and what the news media does in NK.

As for evidence, I guess in your world January 6th never happened. In your world Trump never said he was going to be a dictator on his first day back in office. In your world SCOTUS didn't overturn Roe v. Wade or the Voting Rights Act. In your world Project 2025 doesn't exist and Trump has vowed revenge on his political enemies.

I don't engage with bad faith fascists on any other forum and I'm done doing it here with you. Have a nice life.

And there's plenty of stuff out there telling you of the evil buried in this.
But there is a lot of sand in Santa Monica. So much so that anyone lucky enough to live there in perpetual 72°F, can easily avoid the truth.
Let me know if you find one.
Teh Stoopid runs deep in SM.

It is still the same assho... Er, the same Rump. He is gonna try again. He needs to pay for the last attempt. Spend, say, the next four years in a cell. Not the white house.
Whoosh!💨
You need to slow down; it’s going way over his head. (Doesn’t watch “the news” a lot, y’know).

It is still the same assho... Er, the same Rump. He is gonna try again. He needs to pay for the last attempt. Spend, say, the next four years in a cell. Not the white house.

No doubt if Trump loses by a similar narrow margin shenanigans will ensue. But he failed last time and I would anticipate the same outcome. And don't think if the shoe is on the other foot there won't be similar maneuvering.

It (meaning traditional outlets) are attempting to report things straight down the middle when IMO this nation is in a serious crisis. They've made no adjustments. It's as if it were Dole vs. Clinton, both of whom were legitimate candidates, rather than a legitimate candidate vs. a self-proclaimed would-be tyrant.

I don’t think that’s the way news reporting is supposed to work. You want all news to be controlled by the state offering one view. Who’s the tyrant now?

We are in a crisis now. A crisis that Biden created.

Right now, the entire news reporting apparatus should be sounding the alarm, but they're not. As I said before, they lost the conservative audience years, if not decades ago, but there are millions of actual independents* and currently disinterested people they need to find a way to appeal to.

*About half of all claimed "independents" are MAGATs in poorly made skin suits.

It’s not the job of the news media to campaign for your preferred candidate. Although most of them did in 2016 and 2020 and they weren’t even subtle about it. I expect they are much the same this time
What I'm talking about is negligence. We're a step away from tyranny and the media is turning a blind eye towards that in a frightened attempt to not be biased.
Nah. That's just your paranoia at work. Unless you have some sort of evidence.

Finally, I never said anything about the state controlling the media, but the great irony of your poorly written fiction is that outlets like Fox News would reap huge gains from a Trump/GOP raping of our most important institutions. Outlets like Fox News wouldn't have to worry about the government because they're already propaganda arms of fascism. They'd survive and thrive under an authoritarian government, much like the state controlled media in North Korea does now.

I just can't with this nonsense.
Uh-huh. There's about a half step of difference between what Fox does and what the news media does in NK.

You watch Fox and NK news? Where do you find the time?

As for evidence, I guess in your world January 6th never happened. In your world Trump never said he was going to be a dictator on his first day back in office. In your world SCOTUS didn't overturn Roe v. Wade or the Voting Rights Act. In your world Project 2025 doesn't exist and Trump has vowed revenge on his political enemies.

My world is the same world as everyone else.

I don't engage with bad faith fascists on any other forum and I'm done doing it here with you. Have a nice life.

Miss you already 😙

No doubt if Trump loses by a similar narrow margin shenanigans will ensue.
DA5ZX7SQP4I6XIPV7WXSRT6KSA.jpg

Ahhhh... shenanigans.
article said:
Just after Trump’s video aired on television, around 4:27 p.m., a wave of rioters attacked police who were standing guard inside the Capitol’s West Terrace archway. Police were trying to aid a rioter who had been trampled near the archway when another rioter grabbed an officer and knocked him off his feet. “Fuck you!” someone told the officer. “I’ll fucking kill you!”

The officer lay on his back in the middle of the archway, using his baton to fight off assaults. Footage shows Jeffrey Sabol, wearing a helmet, appearing suddenly and wrestling the baton out of the officer’s hand, leaving him to defend himself with only his hands.

Around the time Sabol took the baton, another rioter used a metal crutch to beat on police standing in the archway. The man wielding the crutch climbed over a low fence, grabbed a second officer and pulled him headfirst down a set of stairs and into the mob. Sabol was right there, his hand on the second officer’s back. Then, with a flagpole flying an American flag, a third rioter beat the second officer, who was captured on camera lying facedown in the crowd.
Granted, they didn't actually "fucking kill" him, it was all just shenanigans
And don't think if the shoe is on the other foot there won't be similar maneuvering.
Well, when the other foot had the shoe (2016), it didn't happen. Where as "it" being "shenanigans". I think there was a small group of people that got arrested for trespassing somewhere though.

Ahhhh... shenanigans.

Mostly peaceful shenanigans.

And don't think if the shoe is on the other foot there won't be similar maneuvering.
Well, when the other foot had the shoe (2016), it didn't happen. Where as "it" being "shenanigans". I think there was a small group of people that got arrested.

Jeezus, when Trump won in 2016 the belly aching from the inconsolable lefties and Hollywood luvvies was epic. And it still hasn't stopped.

Ahhhh... shenanigans.
Mostly peaceful shenanigans.
The only protest and it required the National Guard, so no, not mostly.
Well, when the other foot had the shoe (2016), it didn't happen. Where as "it" being "shenanigans". I think there was a small group of people that got arrested.
Jeezus, when Trump won in 2016 the belly aching from the inconsolable lefties and Hollywood luvvies was epic. And it still hasn't stopped.
Oh my bad. Yes, bellyaching is definitely magnitudes worse than actual violence. Though, doesn't Trump bellyache all the time? Even bellyaching about how his teleprompter isn't working well? So I guess you are just being hypocritical.

So @TSwizzle , you gonna not vote by mail or not vote in person this year?

FYI, your Party of “Mail voting is fraudulent” is now the “vote by mail” Party.
Also your “people being investigated can’t run for president” Party has become the “the more criminal indictments the better!” Party.

Ok you’re all caught up. Have fun not voting! 🤗

The only protest and it required the National Guard, so no, not mostly.

Nah, looks mostly peaceful to me.

Oh my bad. Yes, bellyaching is definitely magnitudes worse than actual violence. Though, doesn't Trump bellyache all the time? Even bellyaching about how his teleprompter isn't working well? So I guess you are just being hypocritical.

Well at least there was an end to the "actual violence" but there is no end to the whining about it from you lot.

No doubt if Trump loses by a similar narrow margin shenanigans will ensue. But he failed last time and I would anticipate the same outcome. And don't think if the shoe is on the other foot there won't be similar maneuvering.
There is no margin that will prevent an attempt to steal the election. They are already lining up state legislatures to overrule the popular vote and appoint electors of their choosing.

There is no margin that will prevent an attempt to steal the election. They are already lining up state legislatures to overrule the popular vote and appoint electors of their choosing.

It seems this will be a close election but I think Trump will look like the winner so I don't think it will be his team trying to overturn the result. We shall just have to wait and see. It is going to be an interesting election for sure. And I still say Biden will drop out which will make things even more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom