• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

2025.jpg

Oh huh so I guess Trump does know about the Heritage Foundation and Project 2025, and anyone who claims he doesn't is just a lying sack of shit.

View attachment 48285

Oh huh so I guess Trump does know about the Heritage Foundation and Project 2025, and anyone who claims he doesn't is just a lying sack of shit.
:picardfacepalm: That tweet is dated Feb 28, 2018. Project 2025 didn't even get started until 2022. The Heritage Foundation has been around for decades and is well known to politicians of all stripes.

roll-eyes-2x.gif
TSwizzle

My sentiments also.

Some know exactly what they are doing and fully support The Heritage Foundation and its goals.
That’s true, and it’s one of those things I would pay to know more about. How many are there? How many of those who think they will number among the Chosen Few who will inherit the earth under a fascist regime, are actually in line for such inheritance?
I suspect it’s a small minority of the hopefuls.

The Putin crime family and other anti-American players all around the world will benefit enormously from Trump-47, even if he doesn't explicitly help them. American prestige will fall; allies will lose confidence and end up appeasing Russia. Dollar-dominated world finance is already declining, with the prices of gold and Bitcoin near all-time highs, and the BRICS anti-dollar program gaining strength. Russia and others have learned how to manipulate American popular opinion and will have a field day.

Domestically, most Americans will suffer, especially if there is civil unrest, and as "progressive" programs are cut. But, as is typical under fascist governance, the mega-billionaires will be rewarded for their money, and for the unethical and criminal support they have offered to help the fascists to political victory.

Right-wingers and Trumpists already operate many state governments and are taking over many public schools. Right-wingers and Trumpists have control of much of America's media already; Bezos now owns the Washington Post, etc.

The media situation is already so skewed that one ignorant Infidel recently called ProPublica a "far lefty" site! :confused2: As seen in the graphic attached ProPublica (just below FRONTLINE near the top) is rated as more trustworthy than ANY media that Skews even slightly Right, and is itself more to the Right than even CNN(TV).

Media-Bias-Chart-12.0_Jan-2024-Licensed-scaled.jpg

I'm not familiar with ProPublica. However, it is interesting how demonized Daily Mail and New York Post get on this forum for being way right wing and unreliable, yet media I see on the left side of the chart gets a free pass on this forum (unless Derec calls it out) and is ranked as more biased (toward the left side) and at least as unreliable. Examples being: Daily Kos, Root, Jacobin, MSNBC, Salon, Daily Beast.

It is worse than we thought.
Project 2025 is just the floorplan. Rump can deny it to our face.
But AFPI is the construction crew, making it happen, even without Rump.

https://americafirstpolicy.com/issu...-ten-pillars-for-restoring-a-nation-under-god
Rump could die tomorrow. But the conservative REPUgnants will still take over the country.

I'm not familiar with ProPublica. However, it is interesting how demonized Daily Mail and New York Post get on this forum for being way right wing and unreliable, yet media I see on the left side of the chart gets a free pass on this forum (unless Derec calls it out) and is ranked as more biased (toward the left side) and at least as unreliable. Examples being: Daily Kos, Root, Jacobin, MSNBC, Salon, Daily Beast.
That chart was based on nothing more than bias. An accuracy chart is elsewhere.
The vertical axis is reliability and accuracy. For example the very bottom level says, "Contains Inaccurate/Fabricated Info". :confused2:

That chart was based on nothing more than bias. An accuracy chart is elsewhere.
The vertical axis is reliability and accuracy. For example the very bottom level says, "Contains Inaccurate/Fabricated Info". :confused2:
Yup, you're right. Missed that.

An Xian survey of xians says fewer xians will be voting this year. A poll of non-voting Xians as for why, says:
48% believe the election will be rigged.
57% dislike all major candidates.
50% said the election has become too controversial.
As I see it, Basically, Rumps antics turns off his religious base.
xian-non-voters.jpg

A tiny Ohio town is wrangling with a sudden influx of African refugees whose arrival has almost doubled the population over the past year. Close to Cincinnati, Lockland was home to 3,500 people in 2023, but local officials say it has since taken in more than 3,000 legal Mauritanian asylum seekers.
Mason added that many of the 3,000 Mauritanian migrants are not able to work - so they don't pay taxes.

'We're looking at, right now, at probably close to a $200,000 shortfall in our earnings income tax revenue,' he said.

Doug Wehmeyer, who is both Lockland Village administrator and fire chief, said the influx of people has also placed a strain on the emergency services.
He said call outs to the fire service have increased by 12 percent this year, with almost all the extra calls being made to complexes where the Mauritanians are being housed. This is partly because the migrants are being crammed into upwards of a dozen people inside around 200 units and cooking fires are frequent.

Daily Mail

Why would anyone vote for four more years of this crap?

Baier: what are you going to do about immigration?

Kackling Kamala: look, I grew up in a working class neighborhood with nice lawns.

Lord help us.

A
An Xian survey of xians says fewer xians will be voting this year. A poll of non-voting Xians as for why, says:
48% believe the election will be rigged.
57% dislike all major candidates.
50% said the election has become too controversial.
As I see it, Basically, Rumps antics turns off his religious base.
View attachment 48286
And yet the majority of polls are still very even. Does this mean that Harris also losing voters compared to to Biden in 2020.

It would seem that if Harris gets at least all of Biden’s 2020 voters this election is hers, given the unprecedented Republican support.

So she must be losing Democrats relative to Biden had?

Complex or clickbait?: The problematic Media Bias Chart

The Media Bias Chart, commonly referred to simply as “The Chart,” has become ubiquitous in discussion of information literacy and news evaluation. The Chart, for those unaware, attempts to differentiate trustworthy and untrustworthy media sources based on two axes: bias and reliability.

Despite the popularity of this memetic tool, it raises a whole host of issues that must be addressed as part of our larger information literacy conversations.

The Chart promotes a false equivalency between left and right, lionizes a political “center” as being without bias, reinforces harmful perceptions about what constitutes “news” in our media ecosystem, and is ignored by anyone that doesn’t already hold a comparable view of the media landscape.

The Chart is a meme, not an information literacy tool, and as librarians we need to be clear-eyed about these flaws. As Ad Fontes Media released version 7.0 last month, we thought it was a good time to explore our concerns.
Within weeks of the first iteration’s release, The Chart became a viral phenomenon. It also received pushback from far-right outlets after seeing Infowars, Breitbart, and The Daily Caller all grouped in the bottom-far right, a quadrant labeled as not credible.

However, criticism of the original meme wasn’t exclusive to the far-right. Left-wingers noticed the conspiracy site “Natural News” grouped at the bottom left of the liberal/conservative axis.

Natural News, it was quickly pointed out, was a known purveyor of far-right conspiracy theories, such as the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting being a false-flag. The far-left/extremely “liberal” grouping for the site, Otero justified through the site’s “anti-corporate and popular liberal pseudo-science positions.” Natural News has since fluctuated across the spectrum, before arriving on the far-right in the current iteration.
In the structure of The Chart, the “center” or “status quo” is portrayed as the most preferable, least problematic option. It is, visually, the top of the pyramid. It is “biased” (and therefore less credible) to hold views outside reinforcement of this status quo.

Within this framing, the Democratic Party represents the left end of the spectrum, and the Republican Party the entirety of the right. However, according to the work of the Manifesto Project, the Democratic Party tracks to the political center, and the Republican Party to the far-right. .
I've probably quoted more from the article than I should have but there's much more in the actual article.

A tiny Ohio town is wrangling with a sudden influx of African refugees whose arrival has almost doubled the population over the past year. Close to Cincinnati, Lockland was home to 3,500 people in 2023, but local officials say it has since taken in more than 3,000 legal Mauritanian asylum seekers.
Mason added that many of the 3,000 Mauritanian migrants are not able to work - so they don't pay taxes.

'We're looking at, right now, at probably close to a $200,000 shortfall in our earnings income tax revenue,' he said.

Doug Wehmeyer, who is both Lockland Village administrator and fire chief, said the influx of people has also placed a strain on the emergency services.
He said call outs to the fire service have increased by 12 percent this year, with almost all the extra calls being made to complexes where the Mauritanians are being housed. This is partly because the migrants are being crammed into upwards of a dozen people inside around 200 units and cooking fires are frequent.

Daily Mail

Why would anyone vote for four more years of this crap?

Baier: what are you going to do about immigration?

Kackling Kamala: look, I grew up in a working class neighborhood with nice lawns.

Lord help us.
Dude, its all in your imagination. Its not real. They are ghosts. Please seek help for your delusions before its too late.

who are the mods anyway?
https://iidb.org/members/?key=staff_members

If you want to bring anything to the attention of the mods, just hit the "Report" link at the bottom left of a post, and type your message/comment/request/query.
I wasn't sure if TSwizzle is reportable.
Am I the only one who recognizes he is a contrarian? A troll who only posts shit to antagonize people.
Why would anyone read project 2025?
So that you know what the fuck you are talking about.

"The Chart" with interactive features and scores

• Reliability scores for articles and shows are on a scale of 0-64. Scores above 40 are generally good; scores below 24 are generally problematic.
Scores between 24-40 indicate a range of possibilities, with some sources falling there because they are heavy in opinion and analysis, and some because they have a high variation in reliability between articles.

The Media Bias Chart, commonly referred to simply as “The Chart,” has become ubiquitous in discussion of information literacy and news evaluation. The Chart, for those unaware, attempts to differentiate trustworthy and untrustworthy media sources based on two axes: bias and reliability.

Despite the popularity of this memetic tool, it raises a whole host of issues that must be addressed as part of our larger information literacy conversations.

The Chart promotes a false equivalency between left and right, lionizes a political “center” as being without bias, reinforces harmful perceptions about what constitutes “news” in our media ecosystem, and is ignored by anyone that doesn’t already hold a comparable view of the media landscape.

The Chart is a meme, not an information literacy tool, and as librarians we need to be clear-eyed about these flaws. As Ad Fontes Media released version 7.0 last month, we thought it was a good time to explore our concerns.
Within weeks of the first iteration’s release, The Chart became a viral phenomenon. It also received pushback from far-right outlets after seeing Infowars, Breitbart, and The Daily Caller all grouped in the bottom-far right, a quadrant labeled as not credible.

However, criticism of the original meme wasn’t exclusive to the far-right. Left-wingers noticed the conspiracy site “Natural News” grouped at the bottom left of the liberal/conservative axis.

Natural News, it was quickly pointed out, was a known purveyor of far-right conspiracy theories, such as the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting being a false-flag. The far-left/extremely “liberal” grouping for the site, Otero justified through the site’s “anti-corporate and popular liberal pseudo-science positions.” Natural News has since fluctuated across the spectrum, before arriving on the far-right in the current iteration.
In the structure of The Chart, the “center” or “status quo” is portrayed as the most preferable, least problematic option. It is, visually, the top of the pyramid. It is “biased” (and therefore less credible) to hold views outside reinforcement of this status quo.

Within this framing, the Democratic Party represents the left end of the spectrum, and the Republican Party the entirety of the right. However, according to the work of the Manifesto Project, the Democratic Party tracks to the political center, and the Republican Party to the far-right. .
I've probably quoted more from the article than I should have but there's much more in the actual article.
Dude, you have used it, or similar bias check sources, yourself extensively to discount right leaning sources. Many in reference to some of Metaphor's posts as I recall. Are you backtracking on it, or just suggesting to be skeptical of it? I would have to agree with the latter. Its certainly not should be as revered as The Bible. ;)

Hay Mods? :facepalm: Can the report button be used for 2nd grade level spelling errors?
Go for it.
A perfect command of English is not a requirement to post here.
We have a few posters for whom English is a second language. Consider me the same, and move on.

You can not judge me.
Only spellcheck can judge me.

Dude, you have used it, or similar bias check sources, yourself extensively to discount right leaning sources. Many in reference to some of Metaphor's posts as I recall. Are you backtracking on it, or just suggesting to be skeptical of it? I would have to agree with the latter. Its certainly not should be as revered as The Bible. ;)
Just suggesting be skeptical. And Metaphor was an asshole.

Back
Top Bottom