• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

And Metaphor was an asshole.
Like that made him unusual on the Internet, or this forum.

I loved to hate his opinions and also miss him.

Oh well.
HWIC stepped down for HNIC. Things move on.
Tom
I don't miss assholes. If they're assholes I just wish they were dead.

Oh well.
Tom
You must be more attached to Internet forums than I am. I don't wish anyone dead.

Y'all are just a bunch of little black marks on my phone screen.

I especially enjoy the dumbasses like metaphor, tswizzle, HNIC Florida Man and Laughing Dog. I don't have much interest in people I already agree with.
Why would I bother?
Tom

Oh well.
Tom
You must be more attached to Internet forums than I am. I don't wish anyone dead.
Not really, that's just how I feel about assholes in general besides on internet forums as well.

Oh well.
Tom
I never really thought of him as an asshole. I recall he mostly made fun of stuff like cultural appropriation, and woke nonsense, much of which I pretty much agreed with him on. I thought he did a pretty good job of defending himself from the progressive dogpiles he was constantly up against. He would get fired up, but I don't recall him slinging poo like so many here still do.

An excellent piece from historian Sir Niall Ferguson.

NIALL FERGUSON: Why Kamala Harris poses a greater threat to democracy - both at home and abroad - than Donald Trump. The fact that Kamala Harris has resorted to playing the Hitler card is a sign of desperation, so I'll go ahead and say it. She's losing this election, writes Niall Ferguson
Daily Mail

I expect few here will sully their browsers with a visit to the Daily Mail but it is well worth reading. That way you may actually come to terms with why people won’t vote for Kackling Kamala.

An excellent piece from historian Sir Niall Ferguson.

NIALL FERGUSON: Why Kamala Harris poses a greater threat to democracy - both at home and abroad - than Donald Trump. The fact that Kamala Harris has resorted to playing the Hitler card is a sign of desperation, so I'll go ahead and say it. She's losing this election, writes Niall Ferguson
Daily Mail

I expect few here will sully their browsers with a visit to the Daily Mail but it is well worth reading. That way you may actually come to terms with why people won’t vote for Kackling Kamala.
It's idiotic. Of course you agree with it. And the Daily Fail was probably the only news site willing to post such idiocy.

A tiny Ohio town is wrangling with a sudden influx of African refugees whose arrival has almost doubled the population over the past year. Close to Cincinnati, Lockland was home to 3,500 people in 2023, but local officials say it has since taken in more than 3,000 legal Mauritanian asylum seekers.
Mason added that many of the 3,000 Mauritanian migrants are not able to work - so they don't pay taxes.

'We're looking at, right now, at probably close to a $200,000 shortfall in our earnings income tax revenue,' he said.

Doug Wehmeyer, who is both Lockland Village administrator and fire chief, said the influx of people has also placed a strain on the emergency services.
He said call outs to the fire service have increased by 12 percent this year, with almost all the extra calls being made to complexes where the Mauritanians are being housed. This is partly because the migrants are being crammed into upwards of a dozen people inside around 200 units and cooking fires are frequent.

Daily Mail

Why would anyone vote for four more years of this crap?

Baier: what are you going to do about immigration?

Kackling Kamala: look, I grew up in a working class neighborhood with nice lawns.

Lord help us.
Dude, its all in your imagination. Its not real. They are ghosts. Please seek help for your delusions before its too late.

It is Halloween after all.

I've been a white working class person my entire life. I don't remember any legislation put forth by Republicans designed to help me. You are welcome to provide examples and prove me wrong.
Seconded. What have they ever done to benefit me?

We elected a Republican governor, the result was a useless crusade against regulations.

Oh, they sure cleaned up the licensing board my wife deals with. Now, instead of requiring continuing education within one year of your renewal it needs to be within the previous calendar year. Never mind that license renewal is at the end of the year, this is pretty much a zero-effect change. But the deck chairs got shuffled. (Never mind the only actual issue I'm aware of in the unclear rules about approval of continuing education classes. Some years back they decided to punt the whole thing to a national board for all new licensees and there are cases where the law doesn't clearly delineate the two systems.)

I actually know some white working class Democrats.
Of course you do and no doubt you regaled us with a folksy tale about how awesome they are.
The MAGAs also want to destroy the SCS, which always makes me wonder why an atheist would support the current Republican Party. Perhaps you should read more of Project 2025, instead of The Daily Mail.

Why would anyone read project 2025? It is irrelevant.
Because it's how the Republicans plan to destroy the country.

A tiny Ohio town is wrangling with a sudden influx of African refugees whose arrival has almost doubled the population over the past year. Close to Cincinnati, Lockland was home to 3,500 people in 2023, but local officials say it has since taken in more than 3,000 legal Mauritanian asylum seekers.
Mason added that many of the 3,000 Mauritanian migrants are not able to work - so they don't pay taxes.

'We're looking at, right now, at probably close to a $200,000 shortfall in our earnings income tax revenue,' he said.

Doug Wehmeyer, who is both Lockland Village administrator and fire chief, said the influx of people has also placed a strain on the emergency services.
He said call outs to the fire service have increased by 12 percent this year, with almost all the extra calls being made to complexes where the Mauritanians are being housed. This is partly because the migrants are being crammed into upwards of a dozen people inside around 200 units and cooking fires are frequent.

Daily Mail

Why would anyone vote for four more years of this crap?

Baier: what are you going to do about immigration?

Kackling Kamala: look, I grew up in a working class neighborhood with nice lawns.

Lord help us.
This has nothing to do with immigration, it's just due to rapid changes.

Immigration is a good thing.
Prove me wrong.

Fearmongers keep on fearmongering.
Ask Africa, the Americas, and Oceania about the dangers of allowing European "traders", "mercernaries", and "missionaries" into the sovereign territories of non-European nations...
And "Lincoln" Riley's parents, etc, etc

You realize far left and far right is more about a horseshoe? The nuts at the bottom have a certain amount of overlap despite being on opposite sides. The chart isn't perfect--you can't distill a complex reality into one graph. But it's good enough to be quite useful anyway--nobody at the bottom of that chart is worth looking at. And you can see if a source is reporting something that helps their side or something that helps the other--the latter is a lot more credible.

Back
Top Bottom