• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

"It should come as no surprise I will not be endorsing Donald Trump this year." - Mike Pence

Yes, it is very surprising the way you kissed his ass for four years and beyond.
Pence said he had to obey the constitution. Obedience is a childhood trait that ought to disappear with age as one acquires the capacity for rational thought and observation. There's a problem when men in their 60s are still "obedient." Grow up, asswipe, and do things because they are the right things to do. What a fucktard.

I’ve never heard any say that they WANT anyone to support Donald Trump. So Probably no one has answered your question because they can’t think of ANYONE, let alone MANY posters who fit your hypothetical, leaving it not answerable.
Agreed. I cannot imagine anyone opposed to Trump wanting anyone at all to vote for him. It just doesn't make any sense.

Pence said he had to obey the constitution.
Pence damn near saved USA democracy single handedly. While the President's followers were outside erecting a scaffold.

I've got plenty of reasons for despising Pence's politics. I'm a Hoosier from back when he tried to get an anti gay marriage amendment into the Indiana state constitution.

But props where they're due. He could easily have done something different on January 6, 2021. Something easier and safer and more personally remunerative than "obey the constitution". But he didn't.
Grow up, asswipe, and do things because they are the right things to do. What a fucktard.
He did the right thing. You might not like how he described it, but he did.
At huge cost to himself. He went up a million notches in IMNSHO!
Props where they're due.
Tom

Funny (not funny) how Swiz runs away from hard questions.
Well there goes that irony meter.
Wait... people shouldn't reference irony meters, in which their response actually causes them to explode. It just isn't safe.
Your refusal to recognize when I reply doesn't mean I do not do so. Your desire to believe it will not alter any facts.

I guessed you hadn't heard about it, which is why I provided a link.
I've read the link, which was an incredibly biased blog post ending in an ad for the blogger's new book. I'm confused as to what your point is trying to be. Are you going to ask me my thoughts on every single killing that has occurred in the US and provide suspect context with each and every one of them? If so, I'm not really interested and I suspect the heat death of the universe will happen before we're through.

So what exactly is your point? What's the common link *you* perceive to be between Riley, Floyd and Lemp?

While I see government action and incation in all three cases, I'd say Lemp is the most tragic of the three and Riley's perhaps the least. That makes a spectrum. Unlike Floyd, everyone involved in the Lemp case is being very well protected by the government.

I guessed you hadn't heard about it, which is why I provided a link.
I've read the link, which was an incredibly biased blog post ending in an ad for the blogger's new book. I'm confused as to what your point is trying to be. Are you going to ask me my thoughts on every single killing that has occurred in the US and provide suspect context with each and every one of them? If so, I'm not really interested and I suspect the heat death of the universe will happen before we're through.

So what exactly is your point? What's the common link *you* perceive to be between Riley, Floyd and Lemp?
His point is... well... maybe he'll say it for himself. *not holding my breath*
Although I have just made my point, I think Jimmy holding his breath until he admits I made my point will be bad for Jimmy's health.
I want to point out that the only reason George Floyd’s murderers were brought to justice is because of the large crowd that witnessed the murder and begged for mercy t fur Mr. Floyd as well as the heroic actions of the young woman who recorded the events as they unfolded.

I know that we have discussed the issue of no knock/warrantless actions by police and the deaths they have caused. I think most of us agree that such tactics should be outlawed and officers responsible should be prosecuted.

Pence said he had to obey the constitution.
Pence damn near saved USA democracy single handedly. While the President's followers were outside erecting a scaffold.

I've got plenty of reasons for despising Pence's politics. I'm a Hoosier from back when he tried to get an anti gay marriage amendment into the Indiana state constitution.

But props where they're due. He could easily have done something different on January 6, 2021. Something easier and safer and more personally remunerative than "obey the constitution". But he didn't.
Grow up, asswipe, and do things because they are the right things to do. What a fucktard.
He did the right thing. You might not like how he described it, but he did.
At huge cost to himself. He went up a million notches in IMNSHO!
Props where they're due.
Tom
I will give Pence all the props he deserves: When faced with a Duffy yet decision, after exhausting all other possibilities, Mike Pence eventually will do the right thing. Apparently when it is his own neck on the line , the process is speeded up. And Pence dues have a long enough memory to justifiably hold a grudge. Props to him.

Apparently when it is his own neck on the line , the process is speeded up.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Had Pence called off the EC vote, he would have saved himself and his family a ton of trouble. He'd probably now be running for president as Trump's next in line.

He knew about all that, I expect. Sticking to his principles cost all of them a great deal.

Do you realize how tight the security around his home is? Imagine being one of his kids, when the maga world is gunning for you and your family?
We're not talking about some liberal world like Minnesota. We're talking about deep Red Trumpistan, southern Indiana. God, Guns, and Trump.
That's where he lives.

He knew all that. He did it anyway.
Tom

Had Pence called off the EC vote, he would have saved himself and his family a ton of trouble. He'd probably now be running for president as Trump's next in line.

He knew about all that, I expect. Sticking to his principles cost all of them a great deal.

Do you realize how tight the security around his home is? Imagine being one of his kids, when the maga world is gunning for you and your family?
We're not talking about some liberal world like Minnesota. We're talking about deep Red Trumpistan, southern Indiana. God, Guns, and Trump.
That's where he lives.

Tom
The first time I ever heard of Mike Pence, it was an article about his ‘handling of an outbreak of HIV in Austin, IN, a small, rural town. I read articles about his handling of the crisis and how long it took him to reconsider his opposition to needle exchange programs while he was Governor of Indiana. Eventually he decided to relent but not until there were at least 190 new cases of HIV in a sparsely populated county in Indiana.

But since he wasn’t likely to become infected with HIV since he wasn’t a user of injectable drugs, no big deal, right?

That's where he lives.

Tom
He absolutely did the right thing - finally. What took him so fucking long? Why did he lick Orange's balls for so long? He reminded me of Colin Powell. Why was he nothing but an adoring, obedient, enabling mouthpiece? Did his conscience finally get the better of him? The problem with guys like Pence is they don't know what they're going to do next and neither does anyone else. He isn't consistently anything but a loose cannon. Glad he isn't endorsing trump but that doesn't go far enough. He needs to condemn Trump but he won't because of his political skin. He's lost without something to worship.

That's where he lives.

Tom
He absolutely did the right thing - finally. What took him so fucking long? Why did he lick Orange's balls for so long? He reminded me of Colin Powell. Why was he nothing but an adoring, obedient, enabling mouthpiece? Did his conscience finally get the better of him? The problem with guys like Pence is they don't know what they're going to do next and neither does anyone else. He isn't consistently anything but a loose cannon. Glad he isn't endorsing trump but that doesn't go far enough. He needs to condemn Trump but he won't because of his political skin. He's lost without something to worship.
Oh, I would never call Pence a 'loose cannon.' Trump is a loose cannon. Pence is as tightly wound up as they come but mostly he's a coward.

That said, it is despicable that anyone is going after him or his family for speaking out about Trump---and yes, I'd say the same no matter who it was speaking out honestly about what former POTUS.

Several Presidents have had more than one Vice President.  List of presidents of the United States and Which American presidents had more than one vice president? - Quora

From Christopher Pellerito:
  • Thomas Jefferson (Aaron Burr during first term, George Clinton during second)
  • James Madison (George Clinton during first term, Elbridge Gerry during second)
  • Andrew Jackson (John C. Calhoun during first term, Martin van Buren during second)
  • Abraham Lincoln (Hannibal Hamlin during first term, Andrew Johnson during second)
  • Ulysses Grant (Schuyler Colfax during first term, Henry Wilson during second)
  • William McKinley (Garret Hobart during first term, Theodore Roosevelt during second)
  • Franklin Roosevelt (John Nance Garner during first two terms, Henry Agard Wallace during third term, Harry Truman during fourth term)
  • Richard Nixon (Spiro Agnew 1969–73, then Gerald Ford after Agnew resigned)

That's where he lives.

Tom
That we may find his brand of politics, his religion, and his values objectionable does not preclude that his character is lacking. He did execute his duties in transferring power from one president to the next. Pence knew, as I believe most people here knew who Trump was in 2016. He, like many in the Trump White House stuck it out, knew someone had to run the place. After that and subordinate to (and they all know this is) is their duty to obey the orders of the president and how they resolve conflict between the two. Most if need be would resign. Pence, in the moment, did not have that option. But even still, with regards to "what took him so long" is cohesion within the executive branch, that outwardly is the appearance of a functioning government, what the people see, what other nations see. That at least our elected officials are not screaming and physically attacking each other. This is the part that goes beyond mere right and wrong. In between right and wrong there is an entire apparatus, a government that needs to function and present itself in at least a dignified manner before a public that is anything but. When peons call out each other for doing wrong, it is of consequence to no one other than the peon. When leaders do it, it can affect the entire organization and all the peons that depend on it.

It appears Jason expects answers from others to his questions, but does not feel obliged to answer questions asked by others. :unsure:

It appears Jason expects answers from others to his questions, but does not feel obliged to answer questions asked by others. :unsure:
You wouldn’t understand.
Libberpubs are smarter than anyone else, and should not be expected to waste their valuable time answering stupid questions.

Ah, another person is joining the game of saying other people not answering my questions is proof that I don't answer questions. Good for you, it must make you feel real good.

Libberpubs are smarter than anyone else, and should not be expected to waste their valuable time answering stupid questions.

On page 140 I wrote "Elixir not only doesn't answer questions, he doesn't even know how to answer questions." Now you admit that you agree with that statement.

And that, Jimmy, is why I say you only care about whichever case your party cares about, and wouldn't care if your party didn't. That's how deep your concern for ... whichever case ... actually is.
Well at least you didn't quote the text you didn't bother to read.
Is it better when you do quote text you don't bother to read?

To get back to the actual 2024 race, there is a new poll out of Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania 2024 Poll: Trump 47%, Biden 43%

In the same poll, Dem. Senator Bob Casey is leading McCormick 45%-41%. So Biden is underperforming him.

Pennsylvania has been Democratic since Mike Dukakis lost all but 10 states in 1988, until Hillary lost it again in 2016 (28 years later). Biden won it back, but it is precarious now. Pennsylvania, and its 19 electoral votes, are obviously an important part of Biden's path to 270. This is especially true given that Arabs and Muslims in Michigan (esp. in Dearbornistan and Hamtramckabad) don't want to vote for him because Biden is supporting Israel rather than Hamas.

So why is the man from Scranton weak in the state of his birth? I think much of it has to do with his wishy-washy stance on fracking for gas. His decision to block new LNG exports can't be popular with Pennsylvanians. Neither can the prospect of Kamala Harris, who backed a total ban on fracking during the primaries, taking over in the case of Biden not being able to finish out his term.

Last edited:
Ah, another person is joining the game of saying other people not answering my questions is proof that I don't answer questions. Good for you, it must make you feel real good.

Um … no. I did not say that, or anything like it. You complained that no one was answering your questions. Then I answered them. After that, I asked you a couple of questions of my own. So far, you have not answered them. Thus, my comment: It appears you expect others to answer your questions, but do not feel obliged to answer questions others ask you.

Um … no. I did not say that, or anything like it. You complained that no one was answering your questions. Then I answered them. After that, I asked you a couple of questions of my own. So far, you have not answered them. Thus, my comment: It appears you expect others to answer your questions, but do not feel obliged to answer questions others ask you.
I must have missed them. It happens once in a while. Last time that happened swammerdami gave me a huge wall of text then complained that I missed some questions in the middle of it.

So maybe you might want to point out those questions. Or not, if you prefer to complain how I didn't answer. You'll probably choose the latter.

Now you admit that you agree with that statement.
I often answer questions, Jason.
Even some from people who have earned a place on my ignore list. Those people’s questions are usually oversimplified “under what conditions is it ok to ____ ?” that others have already addressed and in which I have little or no interest.
I don’t mean to be rude, so if you post it again here I will make extra effort to check back and answer it to the best of my abilities, that you seem to excessively esteem.

Back
Top Bottom