• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

I think Trump will look like the winner
Since you say you don’t watch news, what makes you think most Americans want a demented fraudster, sexual predator, election meddling Adderall addict with 34 felony convictions for President?
Or do you only think the Republican cheats will make it “look” like that?

What I find incredible is that Trump’s lemmings will wreak violence whether he loses by a meter or a mile, while Sleepy Joe is likely to turn over our nuclear arsenal to a felon who can’t own a .22 short pistol, if there are enough stupid Murkins in the few places that matter EVEN IF TRUMP LOSES THE POPULAR VOTE BY TEN MILLION.

I call your deep fried meme and raise you one sergeant and one field marshal.

AP7576402449651040%20c.jpg
duskidcl0ed11.jpg

4399.jpg
mussolini+speech.jpg

Have others noticed that many of the "reputable(?)" anti-Trump channels on YouTube have video names that are complete lies? Garbage like "Trump sent to prison" even though nothing in the video connects to that lie? Click-bait to get ad revenue is more important than providing facts for undecided Americans?? What gives?

But "Trump literally foaming at the mount" IS based on fact:

(I've marked it to start at the foaming.)

Ewwww...

I read today that Trump is planning on meeting with some far right christian group to discuss a way to eliminate all abortions, including those that were the result of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger or the fetus can't survive.....How did this happen?

Where did you read this, Motherjones per chance? I'm not saying it isn't happening but a link would be helpful.

It amazes me how anyone with an IQ over 70, can support this man. *sigh*

Are we all supposed to hold our nose and vote for Brandon and Harris because of a fairly minor issue in the grand scheme of things?
I guess if you're a young woman or someone who cares about the reproductive freedom of women, you don't consider that a minor issue. I think the article was in the NYTImes. Excuse me. I mean the failing New York Times to quote the orange menace. I don't read Mother Jones, at least I haven't in several years.

Today, the liberal MSNBC showed Trump saying, "I don't care about you. I just need your vote". Are you. going to tell us that's not true too? He's gone totally off his rocker, so yeah, you should hold you nose and vote for the alternative.

Today, the liberal MSNBC showed Trump saying, "I don't care about you. I just need your vote". Are you. going to tell us that's not true too? He's gone totally off his rocker, so yeah, you should hold you nose and vote for the alternative.
and he predicted they would make hay about that, while claiming he was saying it in jest. It’s probably true but it is also something I wouldn’t make a big deal out of. especially when there are so many other things to pick on, like stealing state secrets or planning a coup

While this isn't the link I read early this morning, I did find one about tRump meeting with the extremist Christians who want to ban all forms of abortion.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-2024-election-abortion-christians-13318983232798e44e9638a33811f844
Donald Trump on Monday urged a staunchly anti-abortion Christian group to stand up for “innocent life,” ambiguously revisiting an issue that Democrats want to make a focus of this year’s presidential election.

The former president and presumptive Republican nominee’s pre-recorded message praised the work of those attending the event hosted by The Danbury Institute, which is meeting in Indianapolis in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention. The newly-formed institute is an association of churches, Christians and organizations that wants to eradicate abortion in its entirety.

A panel of in-person speakers doubled-down on that anti-abortion stance on Monday, and a top Southern Baptist leader called for a hardline position against in vitro fertilization. Albert Mohler, the president of the SBC’s flagship seminary, said IVF is a “commodification of the embryo” that assaults human dignity. He criticized pastors as well as politicians showing openness to it including in Alabama, which shielded IVF providers from prosecution and civil lawsuits after a state Supreme Court ruling said frozen embryos are children.

and he predicted they would make hay about that, while claiming he was saying it in jest. It’s probably true but it is also something I wouldn’t make a big deal out of. especially when there are so many other things to pick on, like stealing state secrets or planning a coup
True, but it's hard to understand why so many people will support someone who broadcasts the fact that he doesn't care about them. He's been meeting with billionaires and promising them tax cuts, but the poor and the middle class followers of his cult don't seem to care what he says about them. I've discussed this with a Trumps supporter and she does say things like, "Oh Trump says a lot of things that he doesn't mean". These people are probably hopeless, but it's sad to see them swept up into a cult like Trump's.

We had a friend come over for dinner on Saturday and he told us how frustrating it is to talk some sense into young voters who support Trump. When work is slow he argues with them, shows them evidence of Trump's horrible plans, but they act as if our friend is making the stuff up. He blamed it on their youth, but there are plenty of older Trump supporters who are just as ignorant about the truth. It does seem very sad that so many young people are now supporting Trump.

I read today that Trump is planning on meeting with some far right christian group to discuss a way to eliminate all abortions, including those that were the result of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger or the fetus can't survive.....How did this happen?

Where did you read this, Motherjones per chance? I'm not saying it isn't happening but a link would be helpful.

Are we all supposed to hold our nose and vote for Brandon and Harris because of a fairly minor issue in the grand scheme of things?
I guess if you're a young woman or someone who cares about the reproductive freedom of women, you don't consider that a minor issue.

By "reproductive freedoms" you actually mean abortion, just say that. And in the grand scheme of things it is a fairly minor issue despite the hysteria. Abortion really seems to be a weird fetish/obsession for some folks on both sides. For a lot of us, it's just not the be all and end all of our political outlook. It's not going to get my vote either way.

I guess if you're a young woman or someone who cares about the reproductive freedom of women, you don't consider that a minor issue.

By "reproductive freedoms" you actually mean abortion, just say that. And in the grand scheme of things it is a fairly minor issue despite the hysteria. Abortion really seems to be a weird fetish/obsession for some folks on both sides. For a lot of us, it's just not the be all and end all of our political outlook. It's not going to get my vote either way.
Well you’re a guy, so to you it’s a minor issue. But let’s be clear, republicans are also starting to go after birth control which is just creepy.

{snip} But let’s be clear, republicans are also starting to go after birth control which is just creepy.

I was not aware of this, do you have a link?

Sure Jan
I'm pretty certain someone has already provided a bunch of links showing this, do you have a reading comprehension disability? I'm not trying to be insulting - how can I make you understand? Would videos about reproductive rights being curtailed make it easier for you to understand?

True, but it's hard to understand why so many people will support someone who broadcasts the fact that he doesn't care about them. He's been meeting with billionaires and promising them tax cuts, but the poor and the middle class followers of his cult don't seem to care what he says about them. I've discussed this with a Trumps supporter and she does say things like, "Oh Trump says a lot of things that he doesn't mean". These people are probably hopeless, but it's sad to see them swept up into a cult like Trump's.

We had a friend come over for dinner on Saturday and he told us how frustrating it is to talk some sense into young voters who support Trump. When work is slow he argues with them, shows them evidence of Trump's horrible plans, but they act as if our friend is making the stuff up. He blamed it on their youth, but there are plenty of older Trump supporters who are just as ignorant about the truth. It does seem very sad that so many young people are now supporting Trump.
Well, Moscow Marge is out there saying the Orange Ass is Jesus. I think there's truth in that for people who suffer from the need-to-worship syndrome. The popularity of the Orange Ass among religious people - some in my family - is exactly the same kind of devotion they have to their magic Jesus. Hallelujah! May the Orange be with you!

While this isn't the link I read early this morning, I did find one about tRump meeting with the extremist Christians who want to ban all forms of abortion.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-2024-election-abortion-christians-13318983232798e44e9638a33811f844
Donald Trump on Monday urged a staunchly anti-abortion Christian group to stand up for “innocent life,” ambiguously revisiting an issue that Democrats want to make a focus of this year’s presidential election.

The former president and presumptive Republican nominee’s pre-recorded message praised the work of those attending the event hosted by The Danbury Institute, which is meeting in Indianapolis in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention. The newly-formed institute is an association of churches, Christians and organizations that wants to eradicate abortion in its entirety.

A panel of in-person speakers doubled-down on that anti-abortion stance on Monday, and a top Southern Baptist leader called for a hardline position against in vitro fertilization. Albert Mohler, the president of the SBC’s flagship seminary, said IVF is a “commodification of the embryo” that assaults human dignity. He criticized pastors as well as politicians showing openness to it including in Alabama, which shielded IVF providers from prosecution and civil lawsuits after a state Supreme Court ruling said frozen embryos are children.
My guess is Trump has paid for numerous abortions.

{snip} But let’s be clear, republicans are also starting to go after birth control which is just creepy.

You really don't pay much attention to the news but that never stops you from having an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom