• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

There is no margin that will prevent an attempt to steal the election. They are already lining up state legislatures to overrule the popular vote and appoint electors of their choosing.

It seems this will be a close election but I think Trump will look like the winner so I don't think it will be his team trying to overturn the result.

What evidence do you have, outside of what I must assume is your belief that the Democrats are just as corrupt as the Republicans, that any Democrats would consider attempting to overturn the election through the kinds of vehicles that the Republicans have tried before and are currently planning for the upcoming election?

We shall just have to wait and see. It is going to be an interesting election for sure. And I still say Biden will drop out which will make things even more interesting.

Oh, you think if Trump wins in a close election the democrats and their supporters will just accept that and move along?

Unless they have actual evidence of widespread fraud in the elections, yes. Unfortunately, we have more to fear from the Republican legislatures doing something undemocratic than actual rigging of the votes. In that case there will be evidence.

I’m not saying the response to a Trump victory will be the same as what we saw when Biden won in 2020 but there will be a response of some sort. Just my opinion.

I agree that in the case of a fair election that Democrats will not attempt to storm the Capitol or send in fake electors.

There’s just no evidence to support the opinion that the Democrats are as corrupt as we clearly see that the Republicans are.

Unless they have actual evidence of widespread fraud in the elections, yes. {snip}

Evidence of fraud or not, if Trump wins, I predict there will be large protests along with some BLM type destruction. A smaller scale perhaps but something will kick off.

Oh, you think if Trump wins in a close election the democrats and their supporters will just accept that and move along?
Yep. But I get my news from places other than the daily mail so...there's that.
TSwizzle says he doesn't follow the news (other than local), so clearly he views The Daily Mail as entertainment only.

Unless they have actual evidence of widespread fraud in the elections, yes. {snip}

Evidence of fraud or not, if Trump wins, I predict there will be large protests along with some BLM type destruction. A smaller scale perhaps but something will kick off.
I agree there will be protests. There were when he was elected the first time and also when Bush was elected. I don’t think anyone is particularly worried about those kinds of things.

I agree there will be protests. There were when he was elected the first time and also when Bush was elected. I don’t think anyone is particularly worried about those kinds of things.

As I said, I think this time things are a bit (a lot?) more intense and things could escalate quickly and turn ugly.

Sure. But you actually said:

Tswizzle said:
It seems this will be a close election but I think Trump will look like the winner so I don't think it will be his team trying to overturn the result.

You were implying that Democrats would “try to overturn the result” and that’s the claim I dispute. There’s no evidence to think that.

Tswizzle said:

You were implying that Democrats would “try to overturn the result” and that’s the claim I dispute. There’s no evidence to think that.

Sure thing fella, maybe they will, maybe they won't. We shall see.

I predict there will be large protests
Yeah, ‘large protests” happen every time a corrupt felon bent on destroying democracy wins a presidential election.
But will there be “tourists” attacking the Capitol to prevent the certification of his election? I guess we could only hope so, right?

Tswizzle said:

I could easily imagine lawsuits if Republican legislatures appoint electors that don’t correspond to the popular vote results. Maybe a few other scenarios.

Tswizzle said:

I could easily imagine lawsuits if Republican legislatures appoint electors that don’t correspond to the popular vote results. Maybe a few other scenarios.

I'm sure if the dems do dispute the result it will all be above board and legal (y)

There’s just no evidence to support the opinion that the Democrats are as corrupt as we clearly see that the Republicans are.
Since when do Trumptards care about evidence or even know what it is, or ever check to see that what they heard is accurate? Evidence for Trumptards and MAGAtards is "I heard someone say ... and it sounds good to me so it must be true."

Retailers are finally cutting prices. Will it last?

WaPo Gifted Link said:
Consumers have been waiting for lower prices for what seems like forever. And now costs are finally going down. (Some of them, at least.)
After a years-long run up in prices that’s caused many to pull back on spending, things are finally beginning to get cheaper.

Get a curated selection of 10 of our best stories in your inbox every weekend.

Ford recently marked down its electric Mustang Mach-E by 17 percent. Target is slashing prices on 5,000 items, including Persil laundry detergent by 5 percent, Clorox wipes by 14 percent and Purina One cat food by 17 percent. And at Walgreens, swim goggles and Squishmallows are discounted by as much as 40 percent.

Those markdowns, and the consumer spending slowdown that prompted them, mark a turning point in the post-lockdown economy, after the sharpest surge in inflation in decades.

New inflation data on Wednesday, the second day of a Federal Reserve Board meeting that starts Tuesday, will offer yet another snapshot of just how much prices have cooled. Although the central bank is expected to hold interest rates steady — as it has done since last summer — many are watching to see whether the Fed will begin cutting borrowing costs later this year or keep pressure on the economy in its fight against inflation.
How will this effect the coming election?

Violent Crime Rate Falls Sharply After Pandemic Surge

Violent crime fell in the first quarter of 2024 by more than 15%, continuing its postpandemic decline nationwide, according to data released by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Homicides and reported rapes both declined about 26% in the first three months of 2024 compared with a year earlier, data from the FBI’s quarterly uniform crime report showed. Robberies were down about 18% and aggravated assault fell by about 13%, the FBI said. Reported property crime declined about 15%.

Tswizzle said:

Sure, Jan.

Look at history.
Bush loses a close election, SCOTUS awards him the WH. Dems grumble … a little bit.
Trump loses in a landslide and his drooling morons attack the nation’s Capitol like a pack of rabid zombies.
What conclusion do you draw?
I already linked the Project 2025 site. That's their own statement of what they want to do, can't claim bias.

As for some of the evil buried in it:

Note that this is just what they're already admitting to. It's a pretty poorly done website, the menu doesn't look like a menu.

And it doesn't point out how bad some of this stuff is. Consider:

Requires that development of all drugs and biologics be free of fetal cell lines

Oops, fetal cell lines are used in the development of every drug these days.

Back
Top Bottom