• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Second Debate Thread

link

I think I was pretty close with my perceived assessment of the public's assessment.
Meanwhile, in alt-reality, Trump tweets that he won it in a landslide according to "all polls". What a sack of lying shit.
Remember, we can't trust Hillary. We can only trust a man who lies about everything.

We don't. And that's the problem. Clinton simply changes her mind on everything the moment it becomes politically expedient to hold different views.

And her husband's kind of a rapist. And she kind of knows. And she kind of doesn't care.
You know who else didn't care?
mystery guest said:
I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible... He is really a victim himself.

The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical.

I don't know if that's a good thing in terms of what Starr has done or a terrible thing, I think it's a terrible thing, actually.

In terms of myself, I love him as a president...

Will the mystery guest please introduce himself.

55b6934a1700002600565a36.jpeg

Like I said, the two candidates are evenly matched.

mystery guest said:
I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible... He is really a victim himself.

The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical.

I don't know if that's a good thing in terms of what Starr has done or a terrible thing, I think it's a terrible thing, actually.

No, they aren't. That is a false equivalence... a Moore-Coulter, if you would.

mystery guest said:

Hmm. Is JonA = Trump? They surely behave the same...

mystery guest said:

I couldn't say because they are not interested in the issue affecting the US but rather trying to entertain the public.

Seems odd to call this type of event a debate. It looks more like a slagging contest. More composed of ad homs than anything worthwhile or relevant to managing a Nation.

Trump said:
. Media rigging election!
Huh. Free media attention won him the primaries, he's just calling 'sour grapes' because the same tactics aren't winning him the election....

Everything you need to know about the debate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVMW_1aZXRk

@realDonaldTrump
Watched Saturday Night Live hit job on me.Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!
4:14 AM - 16 Oct 2016

All kidding aside, Trump's tweet that "SNL" needs to be canceled because the show did a "hit job" on him should concern every American. We have a rich tradition of comedy shows skewering our politicians. I can't recall any President or presidential nominee responding to a TV show mocking him or her by saying it's time to take that show off the airwaves.

Although I have performed stand-up in the Middle East, where leaders have shared a similar sentiment. In fact, Egypt's Jon Stewart, Bassem Youssef, was arrested for mocking the then leader of Egypt and his TV show was ultimately canceled. But is that really a model we want to emulate in the United States?

Couple all this with Trump's calls during this campaign to change the libel laws to make it easier for him to sue media outlets who unfairly criticize him, and this is no laughing matter.

Would a President Trump use the apparatus of the federal government -- such as the Federal Communications Commission -- to intimidate comedians and dissuade them from mocking him? Yes, I know we have a First Amendment, but alarmingly I bet there are Trump supporters who would go along with anything Trump asks for, even if it was flat out unconstitutional.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/16/opinions/trump-tweets-snl-obeidallah/

Back
Top Bottom