• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Second Debate Thread

Indeed.

I voted for Obama twice and was rather looking forward to a Sanders campaign.

I support(ed) Al and tried to get that madwoman lunatic Bachmann replaced in the House.

But with Hillary at the head of the Democratic party, I'm actually not sure which way to go.

And that should tell you how awful she really is. Most honest folks will admit that Clinton only looks somewhat kind of okay because she's standing next to Donald Trump. Of course, Trump only looks kind of plausible because he's standing next to Clinton.

If you liked Obama so much that you voted twice for him, then you should want to vote for Clinton, because it is true that it would be like a third Obama term.
I agree, People are always telling me how truly awful Clinton is but they never get around to mentioning anything definitively worse than every American (or global) politician in recent history, including Obama. Oh sure there is speculation that she is covering up all kinds of hideous things, but no actual evidence. Just how awful do we KNOW Hillary is compared to Obama?

Again weapons of mass distraction by both throughout the campaign to divert from debating the actual issues.
One candidate threatening and promising to incarcerate his opponent after he wins the election is NOT a distraction. It's naked corruption. Corruption is an ACTUAL issue when considering a candidate. How are you blind to this?

Just how awful do we KNOW Hillary is compared to Obama?

We don't. And that's the problem. Clinton simply changes her mind on everything the moment it becomes politically expedient to hold different views.

And her husband's kind of a rapist. And she kind of knows. And she kind of doesn't care.

There's really only one reason she's at the head of the ticket.

I personally am not convinced that 'the novelty factor' is enough of a reason to vote for her.

We don't. And that's the problem. Clinton simply changes her mind on everything the moment it becomes politically expedient to hold different views.

And her husband's kind of a rapist. And she kind of knows. And she kind of doesn't care.

I personally am not convinced that 'the novelty factor' is enough of a reason to vote for her.

"kind of a rapist"?

What kind of nonsense is that?

Being accused is not evidence of a crime.

But Trump accused himself.

And one reason?

Which is it?

Being a former Senator? Or being a former Secretary of State?

This is going to suck once Trump loses. He is such a source of hillarity. I want him to win. I don't care if it destroys your country. The laughs are worth it.

I know, right?

He's everything America stands for in one freaky little package. Watching them come face to face with themselves and being so disgusted by it is just priceless.

And yet...will we learn?

You know who else didn't care?
mystery guest said:
I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible... He is really a victim himself.

The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical.

I don't know if that's a good thing in terms of what Starr has done or a terrible thing, I think it's a terrible thing, actually.

In terms of myself, I love him as a president...

Will the mystery guest please introduce himself.

55b6934a1700002600565a36.jpeg

Trump Files for Moral Bankruptcy

Not that it's a stellar article or anything you didn't know, but the headline is worthy of The Onion (high praise).

Over the weekend, Donald J. Trump did what he always does when things go south for him. He walked away. He announced he is not the man at 70 he had been at 59 when he had boasted of sexual assault, and he pledged "to be a better man tomorrow." With that, he effectively declared moral bankruptcy, paying about a dime on the dollar of sincerity.

I'm a bit dismayed at Politifact for not rating this exchange "Pants on Fire":

AC: "You bragged that you have sexually assaulted women. Do you understand that?"
DT: "No, I didn't say that at all"

...ah, the alt-universe of the alt-right.

"kind of a rapist"?

What kind of nonsense is that?

Being accused is not evidence of a crime.

But Trump accused himself.

And one reason?

Which is it?

Being a former Senator? Or being a former Secretary of State?

A kind of a terrorist is frequently a kind of a murderer.

Not much of a choice for this election.

I think the debate will be viewed by the public as a draw. Clinton did well and won.

However, I think Trump wins out the most, I think he may benefit the things if people talk about this night instead of the past week. However, there was something important and we'll see if the press caught it, Donald Trump did not deny sexually assaulting women. Also he lost his cool by asking why Anderson didn't ask about emails.

Something to take into account was Trump was all over the place talking about anything with any question and roaming a lot. So people may take that negatively, but I doubt it. They don't understand Syria. We'll see. Clinton didn't attack too hard, I think she'll let others do it this week.

Noticed at debate end, Trump met his wife (for the moment), touched her hips, no hug.
link

article said:
More respondents in a new NBC News/SurveyMonkey online poll changed their opinion of Donald Trump for the better after the second presidential debate on Sunday.

This, despite his aggressive tone and body language toward Hillary Clinton and the release two days earlier of lewd remarks about women he made on tape in 2005.

Overall, Clinton came out ahead, but she won by a narrower margin than compared with that of the first debate. In the survey, 44 percent of likely voters declared the Democratic nominee the winner, while 34 percent said Trump won, and 21 percent said neither one. The online poll of 3,834 people, conducted Oct. 10, carries an error margin of 2.5 percentage points.
I think I was pretty close with my perceived assessment of the public's assessment.

link

article said:
More respondents in a new NBC News/SurveyMonkey online poll changed their opinion of Donald Trump for the better after the second presidential debate on Sunday.

This, despite his aggressive tone and body language toward Hillary Clinton and the release two days earlier of lewd remarks about women he made on tape in 2005.

Overall, Clinton came out ahead, but she won by a narrower margin than compared with that of the first debate. In the survey, 44 percent of likely voters declared the Democratic nominee the winner, while 34 percent said Trump won, and 21 percent said neither one. The online poll of 3,834 people, conducted Oct. 10, carries an error margin of 2.5 percentage points.
I think I was pretty close with my perceived assessment of the public's assessment.

Meanwhile, in alt-reality, Trump tweets that he won it in a landslide according to "all polls". What a sack of lying shit.

Back
Top Bottom