• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Second Debate Thread

Warren Buffet calls out Trump on paying federal income taxes and releasing returns while under audit. Too bad none of the Trump supporters will notice.

I tweeted last night that Warren Buffet would have something to say about Trump name-dropping him during the debates :lol:

I heard he also just bought Trump's headquarters and it is scheduled to be demo'd tomorrow. :D

If somebody is calling both of them "clowns" then he is as little a Trump supporter as he is a Hillary supporter.
And JonA said it because it was true. Hillary would have no chance against anybody else than Trump. Even somebody like Cruz would cruise past her in the polls.

Indeed.

I voted for Obama twice and was rather looking forward to a Sanders campaign.

I support(ed) Al and tried to get that madwoman lunatic Bachmann replaced in the House.

But with Hillary at the head of the Democratic party, I'm actually not sure which way to go.

And that should tell you how awful she really is. Most honest folks will admit that Clinton only looks somewhat kind of okay because she's standing next to Donald Trump. Of course, Trump only looks kind of plausible because he's standing next to Clinton.

Just keep saying to yourself, "4 supreme court justices. 4 supreme court justices" "And 53 empty federal judge positions". It will help you feel a lot better.

Most honest folks will admit that Clinton only looks somewhat kind of okay because she's standing next to Donald Trump. Of course, Trump only looks kind of plausible because he's standing next to Clinton.

QFT. Reps could have nominated Ronald McDonald and beaten Hillary (at least until the clown terror episodes), and the Dems could have nominated Walter Mondale and beaten Trump.

Most honest folks will admit that Clinton only looks somewhat kind of okay because she's standing next to Donald Trump. Of course, Trump only looks kind of plausible because he's standing next to Clinton.

QFT. Reps could have nominated Ronald McDonald and beaten Hillary (at least until the clown terror episodes), and the Dems could have nominated Walter Mondale and beaten Trump.

Are you sure you're not a closet Trump supporter?

;)

If somebody is calling both of them "clowns" then he is as little a Trump supporter as he is a Hillary supporter.
And JonA said it because it was true. Hillary would have no chance against anybody else than Trump. Even somebody like Cruz would cruise past her in the polls.

Indeed.

I support(ed) Al and tried to get that madwoman lunatic Bachmann replaced in the House.

But with Hillary at the head of the Democratic party, I'm actually not sure which way to go.

And that should tell you how awful she really is. Most honest folks will admit that Clinton only looks somewhat kind of okay because she's standing next to Donald Trump. Of course, Trump only looks kind of plausible because he's standing next to Clinton.

No, Clinton looks kind of ok next to ANY of the Republican field. The fact that Trump beat out the entire actual Republican field to win the party nomination speaks volumes more than that Clinton is preferable to ANY of the field of Republican candidates in the primaries. Trump isn't the cause of the implosion of the Republican Party. He's just a loud, obnoxious symptom. And one that many in the Republican base cannot recognize as the boil that he is. Because they are the actual disease, basking in their ignorance and racism and yep, sexism, along with Islamophobia, xenophobia and a few more, surely in that mass of hysteria. If the Democrats had come up with better candidates, the Republican party would be finished for at least 10 years.

Clinton looks much more ok if you keep in mind the number of judicial openings current or likely on the Supreme Court and any federal court.

I'm not a fan of Hillary. But that Cheeto colored gas bag is not just unpalatable, he's extremely dangerous.

;)

Yup. I trust that Hillary's appointments will be people who at least accept the validity of science. If she really sucks as a President she'll be gone in four years. If Trump is elected, he might never go away - considering how little regard he has for the constitution, he might decide it that term limits only apply to the Little People. And certainly the damage he'd do to the Supreme Court would last a lifetime. Which might not be very long if he chooses the nuclear option every time someone tweets the wrong thing...

;)

Yup. I trust that Hillary's appointments will be people who at least accept the validity of science. If she really sucks as a President she'll be gone in four years. If Trump is elected, he might never go away - considering how little regard he has for the constitution, he might decide it that term limits only apply to the Little People. And certainly the damage he'd do to the Supreme Court would last a lifetime. Which might not be very long if he chooses the nuclear option every time someone tweets the wrong thing...

Don't worry about term limits. The latest bill put forward to get rid of term limits was put forth by a Democrat. For like the 9th time. They never pass. And considering the country existed for most of its history without term limits tells you it's nothing to worry about because term limits have nothing to do with a president needing to be elected every 4 years.

But you are right. Once Trump loses in November, he'll just start ramping up for 2020.

I'm surprised that the morning pundits aren't making a bigger fuss about Trump threatening to put his opponent in prison. That's very disturbing. It's dictator talk. Naturally all the Trump lackeys are praising Trump for his performance in the debate. Gasp. That idiot Pence is on MSNBC right now saying how proud he is of Trump. Gag. Gag. Gag.

Donald Trump is running for dictator, not for president.
Updated by Ezra Klein

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/9/13222826/donald-trump-debate-clinton-jail-dictator

At Sunday’s debate, Donald Trump revealed that he is not running to be America’s president so much as its dictator.

The debate’s most unnerving moment came early. “If I win, I'm going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there's never been so many lies, so much deception,” Trump told Hillary Clinton.

“It's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law of our country,” Clinton shot back.

Trump, determined as always to make subtext into text, left no room for confusion. “Because you’d be in jail,” he said.

I liked the "because you'd be in jail" comment. At least it was short. Unlike every other fucking rambling answer in the debate.

I liked the "because you'd be in jail" comment. At least it was short. Unlike every other fucking rambling answer in the debate.

"I'm going to hire a special prosecutor who most certainly won't have it in for Clinton so that she would not receive a fair trial."

This is going to suck once Trump loses. He is such a source of hillarity. I want him to win. I don't care if it destroys your country. The laughs are worth it.

Indeed.

No, Clinton looks kind of ok next to ANY of the Republican field. The fact that Trump beat out the entire actual Republican field to win the party nomination speaks volumes more than that Clinton is preferable to ANY of the field of Republican candidates in the primaries. Trump isn't the cause of the implosion of the Republican Party. He's just a loud, obnoxious symptom. And one that many in the Republican base cannot recognize as the boil that he is. Because they are the actual disease, basking in their ignorance and racism and yep, sexism, along with Islamophobia, xenophobia and a few more, surely in that mass of hysteria. If the Democrats had come up with better candidates, the Republican party would be finished for at least 10 years.

Clinton looks much more ok if you keep in mind the number of judicial openings current or likely on the Supreme Court and any federal court.

I'm not a fan of Hillary. But that Cheeto colored gas bag is not just unpalatable, he's extremely dangerous.

Pretty much all of this. I knew someone who was on his show. Still see the occasional post from her on the social media. I read something today that I think sums him up quite well. She said that Trump is..."brilliant AF in a Machiavellian way and he knows his audience - but he is also vengeful, a liar, has zero empathy for people and would not be a good President."

This is going to suck once Trump loses. He is such a source of hillarity. I want him to win. I don't care if it destroys your country. The laughs are worth it.

I know, right?

He's everything America stands for in one freaky little package. Watching them come face to face with themselves and being so disgusted by it is just priceless.

Updated by Ezra Klein

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/9/13222826/donald-trump-debate-clinton-jail-dictator

At Sunday’s debate, Donald Trump revealed that he is not running to be America’s president so much as its dictator.

The debate’s most unnerving moment came early. “If I win, I'm going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there's never been so many lies, so much deception,” Trump told Hillary Clinton.

“It's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law of our country,” Clinton shot back.

Trump, determined as always to make subtext into text, left no room for confusion. “Because you’d be in jail,” he said.
Thanks for the link. With any other candidate just this exchange would be enough of a scandal to eliminate the candidate from consideration from office. Here we have Trump promising to abuse his position of power to incarcerate his enemies. His corruption couldn't be more naked and he hasn't even taken a political office yet.

Updated by Ezra Klein

Again weapons of mass distraction by both throughout the campaign to divert from debating the actual issues.

Again weapons of mass distraction by both throughout the campaign to divert from debating the actual issues.

Bullshit. Clinton answered questions on policy and issues as well as her plans. Quit pretending she's "as bad as Trump." It's fucking bullshit and I'm calling you on it.

Indeed.

If you liked Obama so much that you voted twice for him, then you should want to vote for Clinton, because it is true that it would be like a third Obama term.

Back
Top Bottom