• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

Merrick Garland be like:

- burning down an ATLPD car and vandalizing businesses in downtown Atlanta: not a big deal.
- putting feet on Nancy Pelosi's desk: real shit.
Perhaps the problems here are
1) the difficulty in parsing between violations of state and local laws and federal law, and
2) the time lag between arrest, investigations and charges?

Or maybe it's Fox News-style subliminal messaging: Real Men™ really like cars, especially the fast ones with sirens and lights, but only women and sissy boys care if someone puts their feet up on the furniture.

Ergo: Merrick Garland is a sissy.

A Jan. 6 defendant’s boast in an interview this week that he had no regrets about his role in the Capitol riot — just days after he acknowledged his guilt in a federal courtroom — may upend the man’s efforts to resolve the criminal case against him.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta issued an order Friday instructing defendant Thomas Adams Jr. and prosecutors to explain why the guilty findings the judge entered on Tuesday, following a brief “stipulated” bench trial should not be overturned in light of Adams’ comments to a reporter the following day.

I'm sure he's not the only one who has recanted.

A Jan. 6 defendant’s boast in an interview this week that he had no regrets about his role in the Capitol riot — just days after he acknowledged his guilt in a federal courtroom — may upend the man’s efforts to resolve the criminal case against him.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta issued an order Friday instructing defendant Thomas Adams Jr. and prosecutors to explain why the guilty findings the judge entered on Tuesday, following a brief “stipulated” bench trial should not be overturned in light of Adams’ comments to a reporter the following day.

MAGAtards really do have an infantile opinion towards the law, don't they? "Haha! I crossed my fingers so it doesn't count!"

MAGAtards really do have an infantile opinion towards the law, don't they? "Haha! I crossed my fingers so it doesn't count!"
Wut? He pleaded guilty in Court. Usually, when that happens the judge talks directly to the defendant to confirm that the plea is made voluntarily and without coercion. This guy then tells a reporter he did nothing wrong. The judge here is right to question the propriety of the plea.

Wut? He pleaded guilty in Court. Usually, when that happens the judge talks directly to the defendant to confirm that the plea is made voluntarily and without coercion. This guy then tells a reporter he did nothing wrong. The judge here is right to question the propriety of the plea.
That's my point. I'm questioning Thomas Adams Jnr's thought process in saying publicly "I recant what I said in a plea agreement". I suspect his defense will be some variation of "Haha! I crossed my fingers so it doesn't count!"

Last edited:
<thread drift>
What's the deal with the nose appliance? It makes him look like he has snot running out of both nostrils.
Is that "a look"?
</td>

This thread can keep going for years.

While federal officials have publicized the prosecution of nearly 1,000 people in the Jan. 6 investigation, far less focus has been placed on the hundreds more who are wanted but have never been charged.

Cases examined by USA TODAY show just how definitively many of those suspects can be identified. Indeed, more than 100 suspects wanted by the FBI have already been named by groups of online researchers known as "sedition hunters."

DOJ update.

Arrests made: More than 999 defendants have been arrested in nearly all 50 states and the District of Columbia. (This includes those charged in both District and Superior Court).

Criminal charges:
  • Approximately 326 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including approximately 106 individuals who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer.
    • Approximately 140 police officers were assaulted Jan. 6 at the Capitol, including about 80 from the U.S. Capitol Police and about 60 from the Metropolitan Police Department.
  • Approximately 11 individuals have been arrested on a series of charges that relate to assaulting a member of the media, or destroying their equipment, on Jan. 6.
  • Approximately 919 defendants have been charged with entering or remaining in a restricted federal building or grounds. Of those, 101 defendants have been charged with entering a restricted area with a dangerous or deadly weapon.
  • Approximately 61 defendants have been charged with destruction of government property, and approximately 46 defendants have been charged with theft of government property.
  • More than 306 defendants have been charged with corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding, or attempting to do so.
  • Approximately 55 defendants have been charged with conspiracy, either: (a) conspiracy to obstruct a congressional proceeding, (b) conspiracy to obstruct law enforcement during a civil disorder, (c) conspiracy to injure an officer, or (d) some combination of the three.
Pleas:
  • Approximately 518 individuals have pleaded guilty to a variety of federal charges, many of whom faced or will face incarceration at sentencing.
    • Approximately 133 have pleaded guilty to felonies. Another 385 have pleaded guilty to misdemeanors.
    • A total of 60 of those who have pleaded guilty to felonies have pleaded to federal charges of assaulting law enforcement officers. Approximately 26 additional defendants have pleaded guilty to feloniously obstructing, impeding, or interfering with a law enforcement officer during a civil disorder. Of these 86 defendants, 47 have now been sentenced to prison terms of up to 90 months.
    • Four of those who have pleaded guilty to felonies have pleaded guilty to the federal charge of seditious conspiracy.
Trials:
  • 53 individuals have been found guilty at contested trials, including 3 who were found guilty in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. Another 16 individuals have been convicted following an agreed-upon set of facts. 19 of these 72 defendants were found guilty of assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers, a felony, including one who has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Sentencings:
  • Approximately 420 federal defendants have had their cases adjudicated and received sentences for their criminal activity on Jan. 6. Approximately 220 have been sentenced to periods of incarceration. Approximately 100 defendants have been sentenced to a period of home detention, including approximately 15 who also were sentenced to a period of incarceration.

Why “more than 999”? Not more than a thousand? But more than 999? Then why not say “a thousand”? Is it like the one-third pound burger flop, when people thought it was less than a quarter pound? Does 999 sound bigger than a thousand to you? More syllables=bigger?

Why “more than 999”? Not more than a thousand? But more than 999? Then why not say “a thousand”? Is it like the one-third pound burger flop, when people thought it was less than a quarter pound? Does 999 sound bigger than a thousand to you? More syllables=bigger?
This person also doesn't appear to know what the word "Approximately" means. To say "Approximately 61 defendants" is nonsensical. If you're going to approximate, approximate.

61 is approximately 60. It might even be approximately 50.

Yeah, that's a normal reaction to your guy losing an election. When Clinton lost to Trump, I could barely sleep, so I went to work at 4 AM. Didn't occur to me I would need to obsess over how it was a false loss and go to DC, invade the Capitol Building and scream at people.

Yeah, that's a normal reaction to your guy losing an election. When Clinton lost to Trump, I could barely sleep, so I went to work at 4 AM. Didn't occur to me I would need to obsess over how it was a false loss and go to DC, invade the Capitol Building and scream at people.
Perhaps you don't remember, but there was a demonstration at the EC when it appointed Trump.
A group showed up, pointing out that the EC was overturning the clear choice of the American electorate.

But there were no weapons or violence. No vandalism or death threats. Hillary wasn't outside whipping up the crowd. The people stated their case and made their opinions known. Then they dispersed and went home.
It was barely mentioned in the news.
Tom

Actually, I believe there were arrests for trespassing, but the whole thing was a tad bit lower key.

No tweets by Obama about how Biden failed Clinton. Or Democrats reporting location Intel to a mob on Twitter.

Ex-Air Force Lt Col. Larry Brock was sentenced today to two years in jail for his actions on Jan. 6. Brock was the zip-tie carrying man seen wearing a helmet and combat gear in J6 videos. Social media comments clearly show that Brock's intentions were to stop the inauguration of Biden and to 'restore Trump' to the White House by means including executions: “When we get to the bottom of this conspiracy we need to execute the traitors that are trying to steal the election, and that includes the leaders of the media and social media aiding and abetting the coup plotters.” Brock also declared on Facebook, “I bought myself body armor for the civil war that is coming," and “If SCOTUS doesn't act we have two choices. We can either live in a Communist Country or we can rebel, keep the rightful President in power and demand free and fair elections. #civilwar2021.” There were several more similar posts made by Brock.

On Dec. 24, Brock sent this list to a friend on FB:
Plan of Action if Congress fails to act on 6 January Main Tasks:

1. Seize all democratic politicians and Biden key staff and select Republicans (Thune and McConnell). Begin interrogations using measures we used on Al Queda to gain evidence on the coup

2. Have General Flynn get in touch with President Trump and have him declare a State of Insurrection exists to provide color of law to our actions

3. Seize national media assets and key personnel. Zuck7, Jack8, CNN9 lead and talking heads, seize WAPO10 and NYT11 editors. Eliminate them. Media silence except for White House communications

4. Present slate for clean elections to existing congress and make sure they sign.

5. Let the Democratic cities burn. Cut off power and food to all who oppose us.

6. Establish provisional government in rebellious states and representatives we can count on.

7. Cease all foreign aid except for key allies as determined by Trump

8. General pardon for all crimes up to and including murder of those restoring the Constitution and putting down the Democratic Insurrection.
ROE:
1. Do not kill LEO12 unless necessary. Gas would assist in this if we can get it.
2. Attempt to capture Democrats with knowledge of coup
3. Shoot and destroy enemy communication nodes and key personnel
4. So many sub tasks I can’t even imagine them

Back
Top Bottom