• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

So are the Proud boys labeled a terrorist group on our side of the Canadian border yet?

So are the Proud boys labeled a terrorist group on our side of the Canadian border yet?
Nope.

I wonder when/if they'll turn on Roger Stone. I'd love to see the Penguin behind bars.

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly sentenced Richardson to more than 3.5 years in prison, saying he had downplayed his actions in his plea hearing and misled the FBI about his actions, twice coming up with "excuses" for what he did.

"This is a serious offense," Kollar-Kotelly said, adding that the video made clear that Richardson was "very angry" when he swung his flagpole with the Trump flag at an officer.

"The intent has to be to injure the officer, there's no other reason to do it," Kollar-Kotelly said.

“It was an insurrection, it was not a protest, and certainly not a peaceful one,” she added.

Richardson told the court he was apologetic for his actions.

"I am sorry," Richardson said. "This was not my intention whatsoever." He said he was expecting a party and a "celebration" because he thought that Republicans would stop the certification of Joe Biden's presidential win.

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly sentenced Richardson to more than 3.5 years in prison, saying he had downplayed his actions in his plea hearing and misled the FBI about his actions, twice coming up with "excuses" for what he did.

"This is a serious offense," Kollar-Kotelly said, adding that the video made clear that Richardson was "very angry" when he swung his flagpole with the Trump flag at an officer.

"The intent has to be to injure the officer, there's no other reason to do it," Kollar-Kotelly said.

“It was an insurrection, it was not a protest, and certainly not a peaceful one,” she added.

Richardson told the court he was apologetic for his actions.

"I am sorry," Richardson said. "This was not my intention whatsoever." He said he was expecting a party and a "celebration" because he thought that Republicans would stop the certification of Joe Biden's presidential win.
I am not a lawyer, but I cannot shake the feeling that it's a very poor defence against charges of either assault or insurrection to claim "It wasn't intentional, because I got over enthusiastic when I thought we might win the fight".

They had made it sound like they were mistreated. Now we can see the truth. There's no abuse, neglect, or revenge, just following reasonable policy to keep civilians safe.
Don't lawyers often bring in suits for their clients just before they appear in court? Could the bring in clippers, a comb, an electric face-revealer? Spiffy the bastards up before taking them before the tribunal?

Or are they demanding haircuts for their time inside the jail system? Do they want to look nice for the party on pizza night? Are they trying to get that cute guard's attention?
Due to how the hair grows on my neck, I am quite uncomfortable after several days of not shaving as the stubble begins to curl inward and poke at my skin. It gets very itchy. So for me (and I imagine many others), it is necessary to shave periodically just for comfort (or tough it out and just go full beard until the ends of the hairs reach away from the skin - something that would take me months).
So not being able to shave could be a little cruel.. but, as the post indicates, that situation seems self-inflicted by their anti-vax / anti-social choice

I don't remember seeing this image before. Can only imagine the dissonance required to juxtaposition Americans serving in a Japanese POW camp... with people that tried to overthrow an election and are currently in jail getting fed multiple times a day. I suppose there are limits to the insanity as they don't include KIA on the flag... yet.

Buh bye...

If only he had stuck to the "if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about" doctrine. No idea why he was so concerned with what officials were doing in the capital as a law-abiding citizen. A law-abiding citizen like himself should have just gone to the gun range instead and waited for them to try taking his guns, religion, and sexuality away. He'd still be a free heterosexual, Christian with guns to this day. Now he's just Christian. smh

The boots are going to jail. The suits that got this rolling are still walking free.

Couy Griffin, the founder of Cowboys for Trump, really put everything on the line for the twice-impeached one-term president, who is now under investigation for espionage. Griffin's participation in the 2022 Capitol riot not only cost him financially but now a New Mexico Judge ordered Griffin to be removed from his Otero County Commissioner office, effective immediately. The Judge ruled that the attack on the Capitol was an insurrection and that Griffin's participation in it disqualified him under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, according to CREW.

Following his arrest, he said, "there's going to be blood running out of that building" when he returned to Washington for Joe Biden's inauguration. But that didn't work out well for him.

Stewart Rhodes, leader of the Oathkeepers, trial for seditious conspiracy begins this week. He plans to testify on his own behalf. His testimony will be that he was ordered by Donald Trump to do his dirty deeds. I hope he brings the goods to prove his allegations.

Stewart Rhodes, leader of the Oathkeepers, trial for seditious conspiracy begins this week. He plans to testify on his own behalf. His testimony will be that he was ordered by Donald Trump to do his dirty deeds. I hope he brings the goods to prove his allegations.

And may the "Just following orders" defense prove as effective as it did at Nuremberg.

And may the "Just following orders" defense prove as effective as it did at Nuremberg.
I hope not. The people who were tried at Nuremberg had a certain legitimacy as they were either soldiers or government appointed officials. Rhodes doesn't even have that going for him.

Side note, I never thought I'd see this but here's something that could pull the US together;

If these cunts want it, give it to them. That would make Q-tards and sane people satisfied, apparently.

A member testified today that Rhodes claimed he was in contact with a Secret Service agent for months before f-head’s rally.

First Proud Boys leader pleads guilty to Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy

A lieutenant of longtime former Proud Boys chairman Henry “Enrique” Tarrio became the group’s first member to plead guilty to seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot on Thursday, deepening the government’s case against an organization accused of mobilizing violence to prevent the inauguration of Joe Biden.

Jeremy Bertino, 43, of Belmont, N.C., agreed to cooperate with the Justice Department against Tarrio and four other Proud Boys leaders with ties to influential Donald Trump supporters Roger Stone and Alex Jones. The Proud Boys defendants are set to face trial in December on charges including plotting to oppose by force the presidential transition, culminating in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

At a hearing before U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly in Washington, Bertino pleaded guilty to that count and to one count of illegal possession of firearms as a former felon, punishable by 51 to 63 months in prison at sentencing under advisory federal guidelines, prosecutors said.

First Proud Boys leader pleads guilty to Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy

A lieutenant of longtime former Proud Boys chairman Henry “Enrique” Tarrio became the group’s first member to plead guilty to seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot on Thursday, deepening the government’s case against an organization accused of mobilizing violence to prevent the inauguration of Joe Biden.

Jeremy Bertino, 43, of Belmont, N.C., agreed to cooperate with the Justice Department against Tarrio and four other Proud Boys leaders with ties to influential Donald Trump supporters Roger Stone and Alex Jones. The Proud Boys defendants are set to face trial in December on charges including plotting to oppose by force the presidential transition, culminating in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

At a hearing before U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly in Washington, Bertino pleaded guilty to that count and to one count of illegal possession of firearms as a former felon, punishable by 51 to 63 months in prison at sentencing under advisory federal guidelines, prosecutors said.
I seem to recall first hearing about the proud boys when a forum member was championing them prior to trump's first election and saying "look at these folks who support trump, some are black and they all think that people should just work harder" and then the "Andy Ngo" shit, and something about where proud boys would show up and try to bait people into attacking them?

And now we see that their leader is a violent insurrectionist in charge of a terrorist organization.

Apparently some of the rioters in the DC jails are complaining about the inhumane conditions in there. (probably thought they were not a problem when anyone else was sent there). So some of them are demanding that they be transferred to Gitmo. Where they believe they have “nutritional meals” and “top-notch medical care".

I'm fine with it. Let them be treated with all the care and respect of the other prisoners there.

Back
Top Bottom