• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

And this guy... he looks old enough to have seen the cop show, Barretta. Not a big fan of the show, myself, but we always sat thru Sammy Davis, Jr. singing the theme song, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

zTmShQa.png

Whoops....

So, Debra was confident on Parler:
View attachment 32458

But as it turns out:
View attachment 32459
Yeah... she doesn't admit being in the building, but you put a target on yourself to get a pic matched against video inside the Capitol. And apparently, she too was confused that she was actually watching a ton of Antifa, who were fed up. Heck, she might even be super secret deep undercover Antifa! Antifa definitely would want to make the right-wingers look real stupid, like this person.

So about 400 people may escape prosecution, because of a lack of good evidence of their guilt.
In fairness, I could easily see half the crowd honestly believing that they were participating in a peaceful protest lead by the President.

It was all pretty chaotic.
Tom
The "peaceful" protest was away from the base of the steps to the Capitol building. A number of barricades were ignored by the not peaceful protest.

Insurrectionist insists she won't go to jail because she has 'blonde hair, white skin'

Sadly, she might have been right. It doesn't matter how many police officers were injured or killed, how many were attacked with bear spray, fire extinguishers and flag staffs, or how many eyes were gouged, or how much feces were spread on the walls: the rioters were white and privileged.

But the cardinal sin in our justice system that she broke is that you don't say the quiet part out loud.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Definitely not going to jail. Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail. Sorry to rain on your hater parade. I did nothing wrong</p>— Jenna Ryan (@dotjenna) <a href="https://twitter.com/dotjenna/status/1375443216720400387?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Wow, way to tell society that you are a continued threat!

Excellent.

According to the FBI indictment, Rodriguez is alleged to have shocked Officer Fanone six times on the back of his neck with a stun gun. Rodriguez faces 8 counts in the indictment, according to court records. As a result, Rodriguez now faces twenty years in prison.

Rodriguez was identified through a joint effort of Sedition Hunters and Huffington Post, with the judge citing their accumulated video evidence.

Capitol rioter couldn't fool Feds by restoring iPhone factory settings

"According to records obtained through a search warrant served on Google LLC, a mobile device associated with *******1982@gmail.com was present at the U.S. Capitol on January 6. The name associated with that account, according to Google, is Jeffrey Register and the account's recovery phone number is ….

"Google estimates device location using sources including GPS data and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and Bluetooth beacons. This location data varies in its accuracy, depending on the source(s) of the data. As a result, Google assigns a "maps display radius" for each location data point. Thus, where Google estimates that its location data is accurate to within 10 meters to the location data point.

"Finally, Google reports that its "maps, display, radius" reflects the actual location of the device 68% of the time. In this case, Google location data shows that (Register's device was in the Capitol) "from approximately 2:17 p.m. until 4:38 p.m. Google records show that the "maps, display" radius for this location data was less than 100 feet, which encompasses an area that is entirely within the U.S. Capitol building. "

They read on their Qgroups how to cleverly outwit the government.... and they believe it.

"Fox News made me do it"

Lawyer for accused Capitol rioter says client had 'Foxitis,' 'Foxmania' | TheHill
During a virtual hearing, a lawyer for Anthony Antonio explained that his client began watching Fox News often after he was lost his job at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, according to CNN.

“He became hooked with what I call ‘Foxitus’ or ‘Foxmania’ and became interested in the political aspect and started believing what was being fed to him,” attorney Joseph Hurley said, according to a HuffPost report.

During the hearing, Hurley said that Antonio believed he was following Trump’s orders to march and thought he was participating in a patriotic movement, according to HuffPost.

Another suspect, Landon Copeland, disrupted the proceedings multiple times, according to the CNN report.

Several Capitol rioters have pointed to Trump as a defense for their actions on Jan. 6. Most notably, an attorney for Anthony Chansley, who went viral in his outlandish fur and bullhorns costume as the “QAnon Shaman,” blamed the former president for Chansley’s involvement.

And attorney Emanuel Jackson, who was arrested for punching a police officer and hitting others with a metal bat, claimed he was “inspired” by Trump.
Right-wingers like to talk about taking responsibility for their actions. But when they are caught, they use defenses like "Trump made me do it" and "Fox News made me do it".

From TheHill:
Video shows officers, who said the group was trespassing and “obstructing entrance into this facility,” denying the trio entry.

“The supervisor came down and was standing right here and turned her back on me. The other one said she won’t talk anymore and that we’re trespassers,” Gohmert said in comments to the press after the situation.

“We’re in totalitarian, Marxist territory here. This is the way third-world people get treated,” he added.

Gaetz tweeted a clip of him locked out of the facility saying the three were going to review “the conditions of the January 6th prisoners.”

“The door's locked and we’re just here to ask questions and now they’ve locked the door and not given us access,” Gaetz said.

“This was apparently a bait and switch. We are here just to speak to a supervisor and when the supervisor came out and we came out to have that discussion, they literally ran behind us and locked the doors,” he added.
The Recount on Twitter: "TRESPASSING: GOP Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Louie Gohmert, and Matt Gaetz are denied entry to a corrections facility holding January 6th prisoners. (link)" / Twitter

They seem like card-carrying members of the American Civil Liberties Union. :D

I remember when George Bush I used "card-carrying member of the ACLU" as an insult when he was running for President back in 1988.

Back
Top Bottom