• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

They had made it sound like they were mistreated. Now we can see the truth. There's no abuse, neglect, or revenge, just following reasonable policy to keep civilians safe.
Don't lawyers often bring in suits for their clients just before they appear in court? Could the bring in clippers, a comb, an electric face-revealer? Spiffy the bastards up before taking them before the tribunal?

Or are they demanding haircuts for their time inside the jail system? Do they want to look nice for the party on pizza night? Are they trying to get that cute guard's attention?

Good questions. Another one is how close should the barber clip to the antlers?
Depends, if you're going for a balanced do, or of you're trying to make the horns look bigger.
Antler-scaping.

Transcript of a conversation involving the Proud Boys on Freedom’s Phoenix.

Not flattering to Trump.

You can officially call it sedition now.

He pled guilty, faces 7-9 years.

The first trial is going on right now too.

Reffitt started the day at the Ellipse by the White House before moving to the Capitol. The statements included:

“We’re taking the Capitol before the day is over, ripping them out by their hair, every fucking one of them.”

“I just want to see Pelosi’s head hitting every fucking stair on the way out and Mitch McConnell too.”

“I’m packing heat and I’m going to get more heat and I am going to that fucking building and I am dragging them the fuck out.”

“We’re taking the Capitol before the day is over, ripping them out by their hair, every fucking one of them.”
Inconclusive. I talked the same way about the Pirate Museum in Salem, and the aircraft carrier in Charleston. I bet all tourists do, don't they?
Ha!

He's looking at a shed load of years behind bars. Who else will he throw under the bus to reduce that number?

Inconclusive. I talked the same way about the Pirate Museum in Salem, and the aircraft carrier in Charleston. I bet all tourists do, don't they?
Ha!

He's looking at a shed load of years behind bars. Who else will he throw under the bus to reduce that number?
Exactly. And this is why DOJ isn't visibly moving on Trump.

They prosecute upstream.

WASHINGTON, March 8 (Reuters) - The former chairman of the U.S. right-wing group the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, was arrested on Tuesday on a conspiracy charge for his alleged role in plotting the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol in a bid to block certification of President Joe Biden's election.

Tarrio, 38, appeared in a virtual Miami-based federal court hearing from a cellblock in a nearby local jail, and prosecutors said they were seeking to have him detained pending trial because they believe he is a danger to the community and poses a risk of flight.

Tarrio told the judge he has "absolutely" no savings, and that he only recently got a job printing T-shirts that earns him $400-500 per week.

Tarrio told the judge he has "absolutely" no savings, and that he only recently got a job printing T-shirts that earns him $400-500 per week.
If "I've got nothing to lose" doesn't make him a flight risk I'm not sure what would.
Tom

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Evan Neumann: US Capitol riot suspect gets asylum in Belarus

Evan Neumann fled the US after being charged in connection with the riots.
The 48-year-old first settled in Ukraine, before reaching Belarus where he asked for asylum - claiming he faced "political persecution" in the US.
A Belarusian official said Mr Neumann has been granted permission to remain in the country "indefinitely".

He added that he has plans "to move my family here," but noted that the decision would ultimately be up to his wife.

Classy guy. Just up and left his family to move in with the Nazis in Belarus.

Lonnie Coffman: Man who brought Molotov cocktails near Capitol on January 6 sentenced to nearly 4 years - CNNPolitics
Concluding one of the more unnerving cases surrounding January 6, a man who brought multiple firearms, Molotov cocktails and other weapons near the US Capitol that day was sentenced to 46 months behind bars on Friday.

Lonnie Coffman, 72, parked his truck -- filled with 11 Mason jars filled with gasoline and Styrofoam, several unregistered firearms, hundreds of rounds of ammo, a stun gun, machetes and a crossbow with bolts -- a few blocks from the Capitol on January 6.

"He had almost a small armory in his truck, ready to do battle," Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said before sentencing Coffman to several months above what prosecutors had recommended.

During the sentencing, Kollar-Kotelly said she didn't think "in all my years as a judge I've had such a collection of weapons" in a case, adding that Coffman "spent two tours in Vietnam so he certainly knows what napalm can do," in reference to the combined Styrofoam and gasoline found in the mason jars.
He will get credit for time served, but he will have 3 years probation and mental-health treatment.
When Coffman was arrested on the evening of January 6, police officers discovered that he was carrying two loaded, unlicensed handguns and had a contact card for a militia in Texas.

Coffman had been on the FBI's radar since a 2014 trip with the militia, American Patriots, where he taken a shotgun and pistol with him to Camp Lonestar, where groups patrol the US-Mexico border, according to court documents.

Investigators also found handwritten lists from Coffman's truck and home, where he identified certain politicians, political operatives as well as a federal judge with titles like "traitors," "Obama's lap dog" or simply put them under a "bad" category.

"Lists are always concerning even if additional threats aren't made," Kollar-Kotelly said.

Proud Boys Member Pleads Guilty In Capitol Attack, Will Cooperate With Prosecutors | HuffPost Latest News - "Louis Enrique Colon, 45, faces up to five years in prison for his role in the insurrection."
Louis Enrique Colon, 45, pleaded guilty to the felony charge of obstructing police and will cooperate with prosecutors in their cases against other members of the violent extremist group, the Department of Justice announced Wednesday.

The day of the attack, Colon and several other Kansas City Proud Boys members made their way inside the Capitol and were captured on video preventing police from creating barriers to keep out the rioters, according to a criminal affidavit filed by the FBI. Colon could be seen on security video placing a chair in the path of a closing gate to the Capitol. He and his cohort “intended to and did serve to prevent law enforcement from securing areas of the Capitol from unlawful entrants,” the affidavit says.

At least 820 people have been charged in the Capitol attack so far, including several Proud Boys members and leaders.

Colon faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
Colón, i guess, from Christopher Columbus's name.

Retired NYPD cop convicted of assaulting officer in Jan. 6 attack - "A federal jury convicted a retired New York police officer, Thomas Webster, of assaulting an officer during the Jan. 6 Capitol attack."
Thomas Webster, 56, of Goshen, New York, is a Marine veteran and retired 20-year New York Police Department officer who served in then-Mayor Mike Bloomberg’s security detail. Webster was the second former police officer to face trial in the attack.

Webster was charged with assaulting D.C. Police Officer Noah Rathbun. Webster was recorded pushing a bicycle rack into police officers while skirmishing outside the Capitol, then swinging a Marine Corps flag pole he was carrying at Rathbun and tackling the officer to the ground, according to court records.
He was found guilty on all six counts.
Webster, who was wearing a bullet-proof vest on Jan. 6, claimed self defense. He testified last week he thought Rathbun was a rogue cop who struck him rather than trying to calm the confrontation between police and the mob.

“He’s gone rogue,” Webster testified about his thinking that day. “He’s acting in a manner unlike other police officers, and I’m concerned for my safety.”
An off-duty cop was earlier found guilty.
Thomas Robertson, of Ferrum, Virginia, was an off-duty officer Jan. 6 who carried a large wooden stick and gas mask into the Capitol. He was convicted April 11 of six charges including felonies for obstructing Congress and interfering with law enforcement.
Cops attacking fellow cops???

Retired NYPD cop convicted of assaulting officer in Jan. 6 attack - "A federal jury convicted a retired New York police officer, Thomas Webster, of assaulting an officer during the Jan. 6 Capitol attack."
Thomas Webster, 56, of Goshen, New York, is a Marine veteran and retired 20-year New York Police Department officer who served in then-Mayor Mike Bloomberg’s security detail. Webster was the second former police officer to face trial in the attack.

Webster was charged with assaulting D.C. Police Officer Noah Rathbun. Webster was recorded pushing a bicycle rack into police officers while skirmishing outside the Capitol, then swinging a Marine Corps flag pole he was carrying at Rathbun and tackling the officer to the ground, according to court records.
He was found guilty on all six counts.
Webster, who was wearing a bullet-proof vest on Jan. 6, claimed self defense. He testified last week he thought Rathbun was a rogue cop who struck him rather than trying to calm the confrontation between police and the mob.

“He’s gone rogue,” Webster testified about his thinking that day. “He’s acting in a manner unlike other police officers, and I’m concerned for my safety.”
An off-duty cop was earlier found guilty.
Thomas Robertson, of Ferrum, Virginia, was an off-duty officer Jan. 6 who carried a large wooden stick and gas mask into the Capitol. He was convicted April 11 of six charges including felonies for obstructing Congress and interfering with law enforcement.
Cops attacking fellow cops???
Fucker making us folks who carry wooden sticks around look bad...

Proud Boys Member Pleads Guilty In Capitol Attack, Will Cooperate With Prosecutors | HuffPost Latest News - "Louis Enrique Colon, 45, faces up to five years in prison for his role in the insurrection."
Louis Enrique Colon, 45, pleaded guilty to the felony charge of obstructing police and will cooperate with prosecutors in their cases against other members of the violent extremist group, the Department of Justice announced Wednesday.

The day of the attack, Colon and several other Kansas City Proud Boys members made their way inside the Capitol and were captured on video preventing police from creating barriers to keep out the rioters, according to a criminal affidavit filed by the FBI. Colon could be seen on security video placing a chair in the path of a closing gate to the Capitol. He and his cohort “intended to and did serve to prevent law enforcement from securing areas of the Capitol from unlawful entrants,” the affidavit says.

At least 820 people have been charged in the Capitol attack so far, including several Proud Boys members and leaders.

Colon faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
Colón, i guess, from Christopher Columbus's name.
Or maybe just because he's full of shit?

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department on Monday charged the head of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, and four other leaders with seditious conspiracy in the January 6 US Capitol attack, escalating the criminal case against the far-right extremist group.
These are the most aggressive charges brought by the Justice Department against the Proud Boys, and are the first allegations by prosecutors that the group tried to oppose by force the presidential transfer of power.
Tarrio and his co-defendants previously pleaded not guilty to an earlier slate of charges.
The new indictment adds fresh details about what Proud Boys leaders said on January 6, 2021. Prosecutors accuse the five defendants of working together to intimidate members of Congress and law enforcement and prompt them to flee, thereby preventing them from performing their official duties.

Back
Top Bottom