• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The vanguard of the Caravan is already in Mexico City, more than halfway to the border

So you agree that your claim that these migrants are demanding that the world owes them something is pure handwaved assertions of act with no logic or evidence.

No, but it doesn't surprise me that's the conclusion you've drawn.

Your response to my post was "Correct, and I don't need to" which speaks for itself. Your lack of surprise is clearly consistent with your well-documented history of unreasoning posts.

Are you now distancing yourself from your bogus claim that these migrants demand that the world owes them?

Such an executive order would be a method of getting his interpretation of the 14th Amendment to the Supreme Court so they would decide on that amendment's purpose and meaning. It is the same as was done with executive order on the travel ban from specified countries which the Supreme Court ended up agreeing with.

The supreme court should reject the request as a waste of time for the supreme court. The interpretation is pretty clear: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside." All 50 states in the US require that all people living in the states are subject to the jurisdiction thereof. IOW, they are required to follow the law, or they will suffer the consequences.
Not entirely true. A British tourist is not subject to the jurisdiction of the US in matters such as draft status, income tax laws, etc. and any arrest of them for any reason can be challenged by the British government.

Draft status--only requires citizens to register. A British tourist can't break the law.

Income tax--foreigners are definitely subject to US income tax laws. As non-citizens/non-residents they are only subject to taxation of income earned in the US and since they're not allowed to work few earn enough to have to file. It's possible to owe US income tax without ever setting foot in the US--invest income is income.

Based on your recent posting history here, your posts do in fact contain many an unsupported assertion....
Prove it. :)

The fact remains "5,000 to 7,000" are migrating north to the US. Why? If they are fleeing abuse, why not stop in Mexico?

My god you can't be this ignorant, surely.

Personal attack? Check!

Derail the point? Check!

Attack Mexico? Check!

Looks like you hit the liberal trifecta! Winner, winner!

Sorry, but I go to Mexico all the time. Yes, like the US, there are parts I wouldn't go, but most of it is very nice. In fact many Americans are retiring down there:
https://internationalliving.com/countries/mexico/one-million/

Now, for those who want to discuss this sensibly, without personal attacks and political agendas, who can tell me why the caravan is coming to the US and whether or not the US owes them anything?

Personal attack? Check!

Derail the point? Check!

Attack Mexico? Check!

Sorry, but I go to Mexico all the time. Yes, like the US, there are parts I wouldn't go, but most of it is very nice. In fact many Americans are retiring down there:

Now, for those who want to discuss this sensibly, without personal attacks and political agendas, who can tell me why the caravan is coming to the US and whether or not the US owes them anything?

You've been given plenty of good reasons. Dismissing them simply because they don't fit your narrative doesn't change that. And if pointing out Mexico is currently not a safe place for asylum seekers is derailing, why did you bring Mexico up in the first place? Answering a question is not derailing. I know you keep on harping about the constitution (as though the US is the only country that has one), but might I humbly suggest going through a dictionary first.

who can tell me why the caravan is coming to the US...

The people in the SCARE-avan could tell you if they were afforded the chance. They are humans and probably each have a unique story. With the elections done, the right wing fearmongers have no further use for it - not a peep about it from them since Tuesday. The law provides that they should be heard if they make it to US soil - legally or otherwise. So you'll have to wait to hear their stories.

and whether or not the US owes them anything?

That will depend on what each of their stories actually are - they're not a monolith or an army. But it's no longer a concern, now that the SCARE-avan has outlived its usefulness as a panic-driver for right wing voters.
Trumpism has been dealt a major smackdown, and there is little profit in telling the base that they are such wimps that their country will be "overrun" by a group that US citizens outnumber by around 300,000 to 1 at the very worst.
This is the fastest disappearing "National Emergency" in history, thanks to the impeccable leadership of Fuckface von Clownstick..

Personal attack? Check!

Derail the point? Check!

Attack Mexico? Check!

You've been given plenty of good reasons. Dismissing them simply because they don't fit your narrative doesn't change that. And if pointing out Mexico is currently not a safe place for asylum seekers is derailing, why did you bring Mexico up in the first place? Answering a question is not derailing. I know you keep on harping about the constitution (as though the US is the only country that has one), but might I humbly suggest going through a dictionary first.
Thanks for refusing to acknowledge your errors and going back to your agenda. That’s fine. I’m fine with the status quo: no one should be allowed into our nation without authorization. We don’t owe anyone anything unless covered by treaty despite the whiny protests of some on the far Left. Yes, most babies born in the US, regardless of parental citizenship, are US citizens per the Constitution you are seeking to disregard despite the whiny protests of some on the far right.

Thanks for refusing to acknowledge your errors and [blah blah blah]

I answered your question but you seem uninterested in discussing it, preferring to pursue bickering.

no one should be allowed into our nation without authorization.

So your solution is to deny them authorization to present their cases, then shoot them if they throw rocks in protest against that denial? I'd prefer to send a bunch of immigration judges down to the border crossings and hear them out. What's the risk in that?

That some actually care that a handful of migrants are heading towards the most powerful and most wealthy nation to ever exist is just amazing.

Trump is teaching some Americans the joy of being a greedy miser. With no friends.

They are 920km away, and on foot. Is it possible to think of a less terrifying scenario, because I am really struggling to do so.

I mean, I know 'home of the brave' has long since become a huge joke; But could you please try to be a teeny bit more manly about things? Perhaps you could jump on a chair shrieking because you heard that there was a mouse in Canada? Or hide behind the couch in case there's a spider with hairy legs in the Falkland Islands?

Americans are such cowards these days. What the fuck happened to you guys?

An excellent question, bilby.

What happened to these guys is that the Democrats had power for 8 years... enough time to scare the shit out of sane folk who don't like quinoa, or being legally coerced into sharing a bathroom with shemales, or having ridiculous regulations placed on gun manufacturers that the fail to serve the purpose of safety for anyone (magazine capacity - fail, bump stock - fail, etc..).
The fear of having Californian snowflake pussies having any say over how OTHER states run things...
The fear of losing more freedom.

The current administration is the "fuck you back" administration.

That's what fucking happened.

Yeah, no.

This is an extremely short-sighted and self-serving analysis that is largely free of factuality.

It does, however, have some entertainment value. Thanks for the laugh.

An excellent question, bilby.

What happened to these guys is that the Democrats had power for 8 years... enough time to scare the shit out of sane[?] folk who don't like quinoa, or being legally coerced into sharing a bathroom with shemales...

Yeah, those alt-right morons are really easy to scare. Hell - a couple thousand un-armed, barefoot Latinos that are a thousand miles away make them shit their pants. Of course they forget all about it once their orange avatar stops telling them to panic. I guess the she-males are still haunting their dreams though... they used to have to use the correct bathroom before the Democrats - oh, wait - no they didn't. Keep on panicking then! That's pretty much all they know how to do.

The current administration is the "fuck you back" administration.

That's well said. 2 years of "fuck you back" has been really good for their morale, and that's what counts, right?
Of course they don't notice that their standard of living has gone DOWN while their overlords have gotten a lot richer, but hey - it's worth it to be able to say "fuck you back!". Infrastructure week really gave them the ability to mobilize the message.
That's what makes 'Murka great.

Fify. The majority of atheists are Democrats.

....Democrats only want to "help" when they're spending other people's money, not their own. Now you just admitted atheists are the same. Thanks for the clarification.

Do you normally engage in broad-brushing, or is this a mental hiccup on your part?
Only when it’s appropriate.

How many here have advocated “we need to do something” but their only advice is to spend other people’s money?

Thanks for refusing to acknowledge your errors and going back to your agenda. That’s fine. I’m fine with the status quo: no one should be allowed into our nation without authorization. We don’t owe anyone anything unless covered by treaty despite the whiny protests of some on the far Left. Yes, most babies born in the US, regardless of parental citizenship, are US citizens per THE CONSTITUTION! (TM) you are seeking to disregard despite the whiny protests of some on the far right.

You're welcome, anytime. Though I am a bit nervous when astute minds like yourself realize my secret agenda to call out bullshit whenever I see it. Are you going to ever quote the relevant parts of THE CONSTITUTION! (TM) that validate your assertions (just for beginners, where it discusses asylum seekers) or are you just going to obfuscate like Joseph Smith in South Park?

"Believe in the magical mystical powers of THE CONSTITUTION! (TM). THE CONSTITUTION! (TM) can even cure cancer if you just let it into your hearts! THE CONSTITUTION! (TM) has the answer to everything!"

Prove it. Quote from it and say how it is relevant to the discussion at hand.

Do you normally engage in broad-brushing, or is this a mental hiccup on your part?

How many here have advocated “we need to do something” but their only advice is to spend other people’s money?
No one. There is one person here who persistently confuses the posting idiotic conservative meme straw men with intelligent discussion.

No one. There is one person here who persistently confuses the posting idiotic conservative meme straw men with intelligent discussion.
Disagreed, but thanks for confessing to be a conservative. I’d never have guessed.

Back
Top Bottom