• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Vice-Presidential Debate

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I'm starting a thread on it, so as to be independent of the previous debate thread.

The two Vice-Presidential candidates will be debating on Wednesday, October 7, at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City: Vice Presidential Debate 2020

It will be moderated by USA Today Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page, and it will be broadcast live by most major news networks.

It will happen 9 PM Eastern Time, 8 PM Central Time, 7 PM Mountain Time, and 6 PM Pacific Time.

Plexiglass to separate Harris and Pence at VP debate - POLITICO
The Commission on Presidential Debates has approved plans for plexiglass to be used in Wednesday’s vice presidential debate amid mounting concerns about coronavirus transmission, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

Plexiglass is expected to be used as a barrier between Vice President Mike Pence and California Sen. Kamala Harris, as well as between the two candidates and moderator Susan Page. The plans have the support of the Cleveland Clinic, which is helping to set health protocols for the forums amid the pandemic.
Guess who doesn't like it?
“If Sen. Harris wants to use a fortress around herself, have at it,” said Katie Miller, a Pence spokeswoman.

It isn’t the first time plexiglass has been used in a debate in recent days: During a weekend debate between Republican Sen. Lindsay Graham and Democratic challenger Jaime Harrison, Harrison put a plexiglass barrier between himself and the incumbent.
The barrier was around JH and not halfway between JH and LG.

Sen. Kamala Harris, in Utah early ahead of vice president debate, visits This Is the Place monument - The Salt Lake Tribune

This Is the Place Monument at  This Is the Place Heritage Park - This Is The Place Heritage Park (lots of pictures of it there)
The This is the Place Monument is a historical monument at the This is the Place Heritage Park, located on the east side of Salt Lake City, Utah, at the mouth of Emigration Canyon. It is named in honor of Brigham Young's famous statement in 1847 that the Latter-day Saint pioneers should settle in the Salt Lake Valley.[1] Mahonri M. Young, a grandson of Brigham Young, sculpted the monument between 1939 and 1947 at Weir Farm in Connecticut.[2] Young was awarded $50,000 to build the monument in 1939 and he was assisted by Spero Anargyros.[3] It stands as a monument to the Mormon pioneers as well as the explorers and settlers of the American West. It was dedicated by LDS Church President George Albert Smith on 24 July 1947, the hundredth anniversary of the pioneers entering the Salt Lake Valley.[4] It replaced a much smaller monument located nearby.

She was wearing a black mask, a black shirt, black pants, a light gray jacket, and dark blue and white sneakers.

It's more than likely that Trump went to his debate with Biden after positive test. I want better protection for Harris.

If I were her, I'd want the plexiglass whether there was a plague or not!

Unfortunately the debate is coincidental to my evening class, so I'll be missing it myself as well as making a bunch of others do the same. But presumably the video will be available to view post facto.

Trump's brilliant performances have caused him to go from 7 points down to 16 points down in the last couple of weeks.
Can it get worse? Probably ... Pence might drive the ticket down into the mid thirties. That will make it a close "election".

Pence should be thrilled. Now he doesn't have to worry about angering Mother for being too close to another woman.

Unfortunately the debate is coincidental to my evening class, so I'll be missing it myself as well as making a bunch of others do the same. But presumably the video will be available to view post facto.

There is going to be plexiglass.

Listening to Thom Hartmann today, who has debated Pence in the past, MP's tactic will be to bring up anything and everything detrimental to KH from her past whether it applies to the present or not.

Just a reminder that this human equivalent of an unbuttered toast sandwich is the head of the Covid taskforce

uUQ0pM1.jpg

Hopefully, Pence is now objecting to it.

Yup, just saw that.

Wutta dick...

Yup, just saw that.

Wutta dick...

It'll be there. Harris isn't the type to cave on a request, and Pence is enough of a career politician to realize that the optics of refusing to debate unless he's given a chance to infect his opponent with a virus aren't quite right.

Pence's objection to the plexiglass is pro forma for a Trump supporter. It is necessary to show disdain for the danger of this virus. Now that his objection is in the record, he can reluctantly agree to it.

Listening to Thom Hartmann today,
Why would you do that to yourself? Did you lose a bet?

who has debated Pence in the past, MP's tactic will be to bring up anything and everything detrimental to KH from her past whether it applies to the present or not.

So Willie Brown will get a mention? :)

Other than that, most of the stuff from KH's past is something anti-police and anti-l&o lefties have a problem with rather than the conservatives. Things like her prosecutorial record.

The stuff she can be really hit with is more recent. Stuff like calling the justified shooting of Michael Brown "murder" even though as a prosecutor she damn well knows it wasn't.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/amandawgolden/status/1313796926786203650[/TWEET]

That's what they consider a barrier? The debate commission is proving to be a bunch of fuckups.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/amandawgolden/status/1313796926786203650[/TWEET]

That's what they consider a barrier? The debate commission is proving to be a bunch of fuckups.
Good thing air isn't a fluid, otherwise, it could just go around that barrier. So if Pence farts, Harris should also be fine.

What narrow barriers. :p Jaime Harrison was MUCH better protected than that.

Back
Top Bottom