• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

My employer organized a covid testing this week for office employees and their family. About 20 people tested, not one person positive for covid, NOT ONE !

Well, gee. So there's no problem for anyone.

It's a problem for the very elderly and people that already have serious underlying health problems. The vast, VAST majority of people who contract this virus never knew they had it .

Repeating this over and over doesn't make it so.

I also note no reply to my comment about the vast majority of Russian Roulette players are unharmed.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Medicare also compensates hospitals of Covid regardless of Medicare eligibility. And can you please cite me anything - ANYTHING - that iron and blood transfusions are standard of care for Covid? ANYTHING.

Iron and transfusions are a response to bleeding. While Covid doesn't normally cause bleeding it does cause clotting--and they often have to administer strong blood thinners to keep the patient from dying from a clot. It's a fine line between bleeding out and clotting out.

Since her stomach issues easily could have been a clot this approach makes sense.

The details in the story are sketchy, the transfusion could refer to convalescent plasma therapy. We can't know.

Saw a neighbor which which was sick with C19. I did not ask, just said "Hi". She seemed perfectly fine, as before. Considering she is obese and has diabetes I think it's a great outcome. And her husband apparently did not get it.

Last edited:
So I had mentioned a few posts up that my daughter was potentially exposed. It turns out it was a study partner she was assigned to do about 60 minutes of work together who tested positive in addition to 10 people on her dorm floor. She was most potentially exposed on monday and was alerted to get a test wednesday which came back negative. But she was told to isolate in her room until getting a new test saturday. They would deliver food to her in her room.

But today she was told by university health that she could return to her regular precautions and no longer isolate.

I totally disagree. It's very possible that if she was exposed monday that it would not show up on a test taken wednesday.

But they told her she was free to stop isolating and would need to get her food it the DC.

I don't know how they can think that it's ok for her not to continue to isolate until getting a second negative test.
Is Jared Kushner running the University health there?

I’m not sure if dictator Newsollini’s stay at home order is in effect but my wife and I went to the local supermarket and the place was rammed with people. Maybe stocking up before stay at home comes into effect? Anyway, there was an exchange of words at the bread aisle. Oh boy. It is quite narrow and a Karen got all bent out of shape as to how close another shopper got to her. She started yelling “keep six feet from me !!” at the other person. My wife who was in close proximity also got a verbal volley from the Karen. “You’re too close, you need to be six feet away !!1!!1”.
My wife told her to calm down. Karen got off lightly there. Some people have lost their minds. I think that’s the first time I have seen a Karen go off in person.

I’m not sure if dictator Newsollini’s stay at home order is in effect but my wife and I went to the local supermarket and the place was rammed with people. Maybe stocking up before stay at home comes into effect? Anyway, there was an exchange of words at the bread aisle. Oh boy. It is quite narrow and a Karen got all bent out of shape as to how close another shopper got to her. She started yelling “keep six feet from me !!” at the other person. My wife who was in close proximity also got a verbal volley from the Karen. “You’re too close, you need to be six feet away !!1!!1”.
My wife told her to calm down. Karen got off lightly there. Some people have lost their minds. I think that’s the first time I have seen a Karen go off in person.

Don't you have a mirror? You're easily the most Karen person on this board.

Well.... the principal at the school my wife works at is infected, along with other administrators.. and apparently she knew it last friday when she went around to the classes and told the teachers to close their windows. The kids will be learning from home the rest of this week, but the principal is still forcing all the teachers to come into the building all week. WHY!!?? What the fuck is the reason for that if the students won't be there? Someone must be making money somehow if the schools are occupied, because I can't think of any other reason to force people to keep going in.

Well.... the principal at the school my wife works at is infected, along with other administrators.. and apparently she knew it last friday when she went around to the classes and told the teachers to close their windows. The kids will be learning from home the rest of this week, but the principal is still forcing all the teachers to come into the building all week. WHY!!?? What the fuck is the reason for that if the students won't be there? Someone must be making money somehow if the schools are occupied, because I can't think of any other reason to force people to keep going in.

I have learned that school administrators are 1: stupid or 2: driven by ulterior motives. It's the only explanation some for some of the shit we have seen them do.

Ten months after having Covid-19 and I am still recovering. I am just now sleeping much better. I also realized that I could smell again.

3100 died from the disease yesterday. More people lost than in 9/11 and the Pearl Harbor attack.

I have learned that school administrators are 1: stupid or 2: driven by ulterior motives. It's the only explanation some for some of the shit we have seen them do.

School administrators are, unfortunately inexorably tied to an unenviable life that would distort the perception even of the most stalwart rationalist.

This is because their position is one controlled by a school board, and school boards are run by the fraction of parents with time to run for school boards, and some vested interest in asserting control over education. While this MAY be an interest in quality education, I expect that generally it is an interest in the inverse (them wanting to NOT have education cover certain topics).

So between the school board Karens, and the other parent Karens who in turn bark at the school board ones, an administrator is going to be forced into a wide range of demands that are broadly contradictory.

At some point, all ethics and rationality go out the window, and it becomes about just keeping the Karens happy because they are yolked to them.

Don't you have a mirror? You're easily the most Karen person on this board.
Yeah, I think TSwizzle should have been Time Person of the Year for all they have had to endure in 2020 and embracing it dignity.

I'm in Sweden. In order for me to be allowed over the border back to Denmark, all I need is a negative and recent Covid-19 test. But now the testing system is overwhelmed. So I won't be able to get results in time for me coming back to work on Tuesday. Frustrating

I made it back by sneaking over the border like an illegal immigrant. It went well. I got tested afterwards and didn't spread the disease. That's nice.

Tomorrow Denmark will be back in hard lockdown. The only shops allowed open will be grocery shops and pharmacies. We never had the first wave here so all our at risks are still alive.

Christmas and New Years is cancelled

I made it back by sneaking over the border like an illegal immigrant. It went well. I got tested afterwards and didn't spread the disease. That's nice.

Tomorrow Denmark will be back in hard lockdown. The only shops allowed open will be grocery shops and pharmacies. We never had the first wave here so all our at risks are still alive.

How do you "sneak across the border" when there's a sea in between? It's not exactly like the Danish-Swedish border is really comparable to the Austrian-Slovenian one, where in many places you won't even notice that you are crossing the border, and in others all that deters you is a sign saying that it's illegal to do so unless you carry travel documents and are a citizen of either country (quite possibly only in German and Slovenian with no English translation provided for international travellers).

How do you "sneak across the border" when there's a sea in between? It's not exactly like the Danish-Swedish border is really comparable to the Austrian-Slovenian one, where in many places you won't even notice that you are crossing the border, and in others all that deters you is a sign saying that it's illegal to do so unless you carry travel documents and are a citizen of either country (quite possibly only in German and Slovenian with no English translation provided for international travellers).
There is a road/tunnel across the sea. You can walk there, it's only 16 km.

Sure, but when they're closing the border, I'd assume they'd post one lone policemen to that one lone point where someone might accidentally stroll across the line... And a pedestrian on a motorway bridge/tunnel is probably more suspect than a car passenger, almost on the level of someone hiding in the train toilet.

Sure, but when they're closing the border, I'd assume they'd post one lone policemen to that one lone point where someone might accidentally stroll across the line... And a pedestrian on a motorway bridge/tunnel is probably more suspect than a car passenger, almost on the level of someone hiding in the train toilet.
https://www.google.ru/maps/@55.6314...4!1sDfKBkxODL2GKFt3-ZxdYAA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I don't see any people near tunnel exit, I suppose there are cameras inside escape tunnel.

Is that name of the russian car (Lada) manufacturer?
https://www.google.ru/maps/@55.6299...4!1sDWR041RFmD7kYKiPP5hXIw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

FFS, the city has closed the recycling center because of covid. Fucking ridiculous, it’s an open air facility. Meanwhile the privately owned recycling center a few blocks away is open.

FFS, the city has closed the recycling center because of covid. Fucking ridiculous, it’s an open air facility. Meanwhile the privately owned recycling center a few blocks away is open.

Open air is lower risk, not zero risk. And recycling isn't something that needs to be done now.

I thought trumpers were against protecting environment.

Back
Top Bottom