• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

My wife's online grad course of 13 students had 4 students test positive in the past 10 weeks. Two were hospitalized, both in their 20s.

We personally have 6 other friends and family members who tested positive. Three were hospitalized and sick for 3 months, another recovered in a week but after 6 weeks still cannot eat anything w/o it tasting bitter and awful, and two others had a bad flu like case and seem to have fully recovered other than plausible unknown long term damages that there is increasing evidence of.

My wife's online grad course of 13 students had 4 students test positive in the past 10 weeks. Two were hospitalized, both in their 20s.

We personally have 6 other friends and family members who tested positive. Three were hospitalized and sick for 3 months, another recovered in a week but after 6 weeks still cannot eat anything w/o it tasting bitter and awful, and two others had a bad flu like case and seem to have fully recovered other than plausible unknown long term damages that there is increasing evidence of.

Yeah? Well fuck 'em all for trying to infringe on Swizzle's free-dumb!

My employer organized a covid testing this week for office employees and their family. About 20 people tested, not one person positive for covid, NOT ONE !

Well, gee. So there's no problem for anyone.

It's a problem for the very elderly and people that already have serious underlying health problems. The vast, VAST majority of people who contract this virus never knew they had it .

My employer organized a covid testing this week for office employees and their family. About 20 people tested, not one person positive for covid, NOT ONE !

It's a problem for the very elderly and people that already have serious underlying health problems. The vast, VAST majority of people who contract this virus never knew they had it .

Estimates average around 40% of people who get it are asymptomatic but despite that they are still spreading the virus to others and all kinds of long term conditions are being discovered in people who have recovered. That's one reason why this is so difficult to manage. You really need to get your information from more reliable sources and to comprehend it. And with that I'll put you back on my Block list. I see that it was a mistake to unblock you even for 3 hours.

I have one cousin that has died from it. Another in ICU. And one cousin that recovered with 'fairly' mild symptoms. Her husband is the one in ICU now - he's had pneumonia, blood clotting and a stroke, kidney failure and secondary infections. Don't freaking tell me this isn't a serious disease.

I have one cousin that has died from it. Another in ICU. And one cousin that recovered with 'fairly' mild symptoms. Her husband is the one in ICU now - he's had pneumonia, blood clotting and a stroke, kidney failure and secondary infections. Don't freaking tell me this isn't a serious disease.

That's too bad. It is serious for some people but not the majority.

The fact that it is deadly to many (and we don't know who), should be enough for OTHERS to do everything they can to mitigate the spread. Look, if we find out a product causes cancer, it's the government's job to pull it from production. It's no different. COVID KILLS a lot of people, and leaves potentially LIFELONG damage to many others. We have a moral responsibility and the government has a legal responsibility. It's a crying shame this country seems to miss that.

That is correct, the fact that many people don't even know they have it makes it easy to spread among those it does impact harder, which greatly increases the number of hospitalizations, stressing the health care system.

Additionally, because it is highly contagious, that makes it very difficult to treat the people that do need hospitalization.

The fact that it is deadly to many (and we don't know who),

Hmmmm, I think we kinda do know who it affects mostly.

Look, if we find out a product causes cancer, it's the government's job to pull it from production. It's no different.

A virus is not a product that can be "pulled" and it's a lot different. This is anti-science claptrap.

How? She goes to the hospital for stomach cramps, not fever, cough, or respiratory illness. They send her home. She gets worse (presumably stomach cramps) and returns. She gets iron and blood transfusions - why would they do that for a respiratory infection? More likely she had internal bleeding (hence the need for iron). Having handled medical malpractice cases, this has the elements of misdiagnosis of some sort of internal perforation or rupture. Common that the patient presents to the ER, feels better. Goes home and then collapses.

All the symptoms described are consistent with covid, including iron deficiency, and especially needing oxygen. Your ignorance/denial of covid is not an argument.

Without more info, none of us can know for sure what she died of, it's deluded of you claim to know it wasn't covid.

But he used to be a medical-malpractice lawyer! Doesn't that count for something?

How? She goes to the hospital for stomach cramps, not fever, cough, or respiratory illness. They send her home. She gets worse (presumably stomach cramps) and returns. She gets iron and blood transfusions - why would they do that for a respiratory infection? More likely she had internal bleeding (hence the need for iron). Having handled medical malpractice cases, this has the elements of misdiagnosis of some sort of internal perforation or rupture. Common that the patient presents to the ER, feels better. Goes home and then collapses.

All the symptoms described are consistent with covid, including iron deficiency, and especially needing oxygen. Your ignorance/denial of covid is not an argument.

Without more info, none of us can know for sure what she died of, it's deluded of you claim to know it wasn't covid.

But he used to be a medical-malpractice lawyer! Doesn't that count for something?

So, pertinent question here: in what decade?

Covid is deadly serious for somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 people every day, and that number is rapidly rising. In the US so far, covid has been deadly serious for more than 270,000 people, and excess deaths since March stands at about 350,000. In other words, you are full of shit.

Covid is deadly serious for somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 people every day, and that number is rapidly rising. In the US so far, covid has been deadly serious for more than 270,000 people, and excess deaths since March stands at about 350,000. In other words, you are full of shit.

Big numbers can confuse some people who will remain unnamed. Put in perspective, 350K is about half of all Americans killed in WWII and 6 times the number of Americans killed in the Vietnam War. All in less than 1 year.

That would depend on why he left the medical-malpractice field.

So I had mentioned a few posts up that my daughter was potentially exposed. It turns out it was a study partner she was assigned to do about 60 minutes of work together who tested positive in addition to 10 people on her dorm floor. She was most potentially exposed on monday and was alerted to get a test wednesday which came back negative. But she was told to isolate in her room until getting a new test saturday. They would deliver food to her in her room.

But today she was told by university health that she could return to her regular precautions and no longer isolate.

I totally disagree. It's very possible that if she was exposed monday that it would not show up on a test taken wednesday.

But they told her she was free to stop isolating and would need to get her food it the DC.

I don't know how they can think that it's ok for her not to continue to isolate until getting a second negative test.

The article YOU posted didn't say stomach "cramps", it said stomach pain. And covid is just as much a blood disease as it is a respiratory disease (unusual clotting internally). People aren't placed on ventilators for stomach cramps.

And Medicare pays more for covid cases because they are more expensive to treat. Note that a 14 year old probably wan't on Medicare anyway.

Since I responded about this before I have run into a case of someone who had Covid, was doing fine--then threw a clot that killed her digestive system. Dead 26 hours after they figured it out.

The article YOU posted didn't say stomach "cramps", it said stomach pain. And covid is just as much a blood disease as it is a respiratory disease (unusual clotting internally). People aren't placed on ventilators for stomach cramps.

And Medicare pays more for covid cases because they are more expensive to treat. Note that a 14 year old probably wan't on Medicare anyway.

Medicare also compensates hospitals of Covid regardless of Medicare eligibility. And can you please cite me anything - ANYTHING - that iron and blood transfusions are standard of care for Covid? ANYTHING.

Iron and transfusions are a response to bleeding. While Covid doesn't normally cause bleeding it does cause clotting--and they often have to administer strong blood thinners to keep the patient from dying from a clot. It's a fine line between bleeding out and clotting out.

Since her stomach issues easily could have been a clot this approach makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom