• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The women's march shows it's true colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already had a thread where data showed women take dumps faster than men. Also, women are not generally pissing in front of urinals and leaving surprise pubes for others to find. So taking efficiency of pissing only into account in order to cherry pick features alleged to be better where men are concerned isn't making sense. Finally, all of these angry masculinist shitposts have nothing to do with the women's march.

In conclusion, wtf?

You are incorrect. I have not, for a number of years, specifically sought out "triggering" material. I used to routinely visit feminist websites. I no longer do this.

From looking at your profile and looking at the threads started by you, it sure looks like you seek out thing to be triggered by.

These events are happening whether I read about them on mainstream media sites or not. I suppose I could instead try to remain wholly ignorant of them and stop reading.

Show on the doll where the evil feminists hurt you.

These events are happening whether I read about them on mainstream media sites or not. I suppose I could instead try to remain wholly ignorant of them and stop reading.

Show on the doll where the evil feminists hurt you.

What fitting behavior for a mod.

"Goading" like that only gets people they don't like an "infraction" or ban. Don't expect them to play by their own rules.

Seating in public transport is more suited to women than to men.
Have you run an appropriately designed empirical study on this issue? If not, your observations cannot be taken seriously.

Observing uncontroversial differences between men and women (at least, so far, saying men are taller than women hasn't gotten someone cancelled), and having epistemological privilege that Toni doesn't have (in that I am a man), I'm confident I'm more justified in conclusions flowing from physical observations of public transport seating than Toni ought be confident that she has insight into the imagined psychology of manspreaders.
Others are under no obligation to accept your self-interested assessment of comparative abilities in order to justify a blatant double standard.

Observing uncontroversial differences between men and women (at least, so far, saying men are taller than women hasn't gotten someone cancelled), and having epistemological privilege that Toni doesn't have (in that I am a man), I'm confident I'm more justified in conclusions flowing from physical observations of public transport seating than Toni ought be confident that she has insight into the imagined psychology of manspreaders.
Others are under no obligation to accept your self-interested assessment of comparative abilities in order to justify a blatant double standard.

What is the justification for accusing me of having a double standard?

You ask for appropriately designed empirical studies from others to support their observations while handwaving any requests to support your observations with appropriately designed empirical studies.

Seating in public transport is more suited to women than to men.
Have you run an appropriately designed empirical study on this issue? If not, your observations cannot be taken seriously.

The following is a list of easily available articles regarding the phenomenon of 'manspreading.' Go ahead and report me but I have to tend my injured family member and really don't have a lot of extra time to deal with games here.

https://thesocietypages.org/socimag...austive-study-of-manspreading-ever-conducted/

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...iour-public-transport-etiquette-a7862771.html

In 2015, Mic released a video showing what happens when a woman "manspreads" ("ladyspreads"?) on the subway in New York, in comparison to when a man does it.

Interestingly, the women attracted more stares and glares then the men.

https://time.com/3595497/man-spreaders-men-legs-new-york-subway/ (note male author)

This is the most visual manifestation of patriarchal privilege and that is why it is especially angering. It says to everyone, “I find this comfortable and I am a man so my comfort comes before all else in this entire universe and especially you.” That’s why people hate this. It’s because men are saying that they don’t care about anyone else, and that is awful. They think that it is somehow manly, by claiming their territory. That is not manly. A real man is courteous and thinks of others and only takes as much as he is allowed. That’s what we need to tell our sons.

Hey, so did anyone see that new Ghostbusters movie? Feminists forced us all to watch women play traditionally male roles in that movie. I was literally crying behind my popcorn.

You ask for appropriately designed empirical studies from others to support their observations while handwaving any requests to support your observations with appropriately designed empirical studies.

If Toni does not accept my amateur engineering opinions about public seating, then indeed I'll need to explain why I've come to them if I want her to accept them. If she already agrees, then there's no dispute and no accounting necessary.

I don't accept Toni's amateur psychology opinions about the brain states and motivations of men who manspread, so if there is something more than feminist hunches that inform them, I'd like to know.

Toni, please note that ideas I disagreed with before that were espoused by a female feminist are not suddenly going to be more appealing when I hear them from a male feminist.

This is the most visual manifestation of patriarchal privilege and that is why it is especially angering. It says to everyone, “I find this comfortable and I am a man so my comfort comes before all else in this entire universe and especially you.” That’s why people hate this. It’s because men are saying that they don’t care about anyone else, and that is awful. They think that it is somehow manly, by claiming their territory. That is not manly. A real man is courteous and thinks of others and only takes as much as he is allowed. That’s what we need to tell our sons.

I do so enjoy being told what a "real man" is from a male feminist. I'll accept his gender essentialising without question because penis.

If people stared at women who were spreading their legs, it's because people intuitively understand that the posture is actually quite strange for a female-bodied person. Indeed, the woman doing the spreading didn't even find the posture physically comfortable.

In a nutshell, popular women's issue movements can more or less automatically trigger a negative reaction in some people. That is the underlying pattern which is present in threads such as this on this forum, over and over and over. It is no wonder they sometimes quickly go off topic. It is not as if the general posting pattern is one of support for the main aims or activities of such movements, expressed with regret about the intrusion of (in this case) controversial anti Israel/semitic/zionist politics.

Because they keep supporting positions that have been rebutted. Those of us who support equality do not like movements that keep demanding more.

For the rest, you’re just not right. I’m sitting in an exam room right now and I see boxes of XL gloves. No XS. I know that they stock gloves according to the sizes required by the staff in each work area.

How does that rebut anything? You don't know the genders of everyone that uses that work area. Note, also, that medical gloves that are a size big are no big deal.

I’m so sorry that you live in a society where women are actually asserting their rights. Must be really really difficult for you.

The problem is not with asserting rights. The problem is with expecting more than equality. (For example, expecting there to be no consequence for childbearing.)

What fitting behavior for a mod.

"Goading" like that only gets people they don't like an "infraction" or ban. Don't expect them to play by their own rules.
I can see why a snowflake would confuse sarcasm with goading, but not a defender of liberal values.

I've been banned before for "goading" you Mr. Snowflake, when you said something "orwellian". That was too much for these mods to tolerate. But goading Metaphor with references to sexual abuse isn't. Nor was Floof's mocking of genitalia or your constant snide sniping from the shadows. Not exactly an unbiased or FreeThought forum as advertised.

Hey, so did anyone see that new Ghostbusters movie? Feminists forced us all to watch women play traditionally male roles in that movie. I was literally crying behind my popcorn.

That could have been a good film. It didn't suck because of the female cast. It sucked because so little effort was put into it, relying on ticket sales for it being an all female cast. That's lazy and unfortunate.

For the rest, you’re just not right. I’m sitting in an exam room right now and I see boxes of XL gloves. No XS. I know that they stock gloves according to the sizes required by the staff in each work area.

How does that rebut anything? You don't know the genders of everyone that uses that work area. Note, also, that medical gloves that are a size big are no big deal.

I’m so sorry that you live in a society where women are actually asserting their rights. Must be really really difficult for you.

The problem is not with asserting rights. The problem is with expecting more than equality. (For example, expecting there to be no consequence for childbearing.)

Ask Metaphor. He’s the one who said there were only size S and M gloves? So the world revolves around women, apparently. Yes it’s daft but.....

I think most women would be happy to have exactly the same career consequences of having children that men have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom