• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The World is Stupid

Trausti

Deleted
Over 450 past Jeopardy contestants call on show to address alleged 'white power' symbol

jeopardy-kelly-donohue-hand-1012x570.jpg

On Tuesday's episode, Donohue made a hand gesture during his on-camera introduction that he later said on social media signified the number three, as he was the three-day champion. In his previous episodes, he gestured with one finger and two fingers in accordance with the number of games he'd won.

The open letter calls on Donohue to publicly apologize "for the ramifications of the gesture he made" and disavow "any connection to white supremacist doctrines," and urges the show to "address Kelly's behavior" and take measures to ensure that "future mistakes of this magnitude never make it on air."

When I was boy it was the religious fundamentalists who screeched of devil and end-time sightings in their demon-haunted world. The Woke's demon-haunted world is no different. And no less stupid.

Yep. Reminds me of Jerry Falwell and his minions back in the '90's seeing all kinds of gay dogwhistles in the Teletubbies kids' show. Only now its the loony left who's doing it.

Okay, but can we at least agree that Jeopardy contestants should refrain from using ethnic slurs?

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/bEghu90QJH4[/YOUTUBE]

The letter went on to note that, when similar situations have occurred in the past, the production team on the show has corrected things before the episode aired. “On more than one occasion, contestants have made gestures during their introductions that were seen as undesirable for broadcast and were asked by the production team to reshoot the footage without the gesture,” the letter said. “A couple of years ago, a contestant unintentionally wagered a monetary amount that used numerical values coopted by white supremacist groups and, since the total didn’t affect the outcome of the game, ‘Jeopardy!’ digitally altered the numbers in the version that aired. This should have been done in this case.”

His (second) apology helps to clear the issue, though. The unequivocal condemnation in his (second) apology is important.

Kelly Donohue
on Thursday
I’m truly horrified with what has been posted about me on social media. I absolutely, unequivocally condemn white supremacy and racism of any kind. People who know me personally know that I am not a racist, but for the public at large it bears repeating: I am not a racist and I reject and condemn white supremacy and all forms of bigotry for the evil they are. It’s shameful to me to think anyone would try to use the stage of Jeopardy! to advance or promote such a disgusting agenda. During the taping of my fourth episode, I was simply raising three fingers to mark my 3rd win. There was nothing more I was trying to indicate.

I deeply regret this terrible misunderstanding. I never meant to hurt a soul and I assure you I am no friend of racists or white supremacists.

I removed the previous post because the comments were more than I could bear. I stand by the statement itself and you can find it reported in other media. I did, however, understand the fair criticism that I did not include a forceful condemnation of white supremacy in my initial statement. I hope my feelings on that matter are clear now.

Still, his claim that he was "just counting to three," is, um... not entirely convincing.

1-2-WP.JPG

His unequivocal apology may be an admission that jeopardy is more important to him than his WP buddies.
Which, that's good, I guess. Whatever it takes to hit rock bottom.

Let me get this straight, we have
1) President Trump received over 74 million votes in 2020,
2) a riot in DC by thousands of people who think the election was stolen, and
3) people believing QANON claims about Democrat pedophiles,

but it takes about 450 people to complain about a gesture on a game show to indicate the world is stupid?

Still, his claim that he was "just counting to three," is, um... not entirely convincing.

You probably also see Jesus in toast.

I can see why you would choose to try to change the subject and not interact with the pictures.

It is difficult to explain why a person would use their medial fingers to count to one and two, and then switch to their dorsal fingers when they reach three.

You probably also see Jesus in toast.

I can see why you would choose to try to change the subject and not interact with the pictures.

It is difficult to explain why a person would use their medial fingers to count to one and two, and then switch to their dorsal fingers when they reach three.

I have never ever seen anyone count to three that way.

Oh, I have. The students really do use that as a signal to each other, like "yeah I really do mean what it's about to sound like I might mean" or "yeah this guy is definitely a Woke". An in-joke, usually. It's easy to miss if you aren't watching for it. Just pretend to straighten your collar, etc. It always comes with a cute little smirk, like they think they're too clever for the damn room.

I don't think it's used so much by hardcore terrorists so much as pop culture sympathizers. Supremacist Lite. The kind who got converted through over-exposure to internet videos on seemingly unrelated topics but now hold toxic views on race and gender like they're a special secret that only the truly clever perceive or understand. And always male, I've never seen a woman or third-gender person do these kinds of cutesy gestures.

Who indicate three like that? It's the index, middle, and ring finger. The pinky is folded over and held under thumb. The guy is at a minimum, FOS and an attention whore but I won't go so far as to call him a white racist nazi POS who probably attends church on a regular basis.

Dorsal fingers? Where did you get that from? Dr. Zoidberg's textbook on human anatomy?

Dorsal fingers? Where did you get that from? Dr. Zoidberg's textbook on human anatomy?

Uh, cuz that's what they're called?

588fc6dd7012c71016dda3cf_Hand dorsal veins copy.png

The technical term for the little finger (which I think Rhea was talking about) is "pinkie".

From my pre-med daughter asking me to quiz her on anatomy. Don't blame her, I took my memory of it and then googled. I was trying to accurately describe the change in orientation that is so torturously claimed by the man in the video.

Medial usually means toward the middle, dorsal means toward the outside (usually the back). I went with that.

Don't get hung up on my lack of medical education.
Get hung up on that man claiming that he counts by changing methods - between 2 and WP.

Back
Top Bottom