• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

There are No Conscientious Explanations to Disprove the Proof for God and Jesus Being God

There is nobody here who wants to saved. Probably the closest opportunity you will get to receiving Christ is if you experience massive tragedy, perhaps lost loved ones, terrible illness, and number of other things that all weigh on you at once that get you to question life and reality, what's it all about, what are we doing here, what's the purpose and all that.
So it takes desperation to get your kind of religious.

... going to burn in the lake of fire for all eternity ... You would rather have that then be with God and experience His love.
That's not love, it's hate. Too many Christians swim in a smugness that celebrates God's love of THEM and hate toward everyone else. This doesn't strike me as something I would want to work hard (5 hours of daily Bible study) to achieve.

Two words come to mind when I think of atheists: they are masochists and sadists.
We're not the ones going on about people burning in hell.

[Atheists] can't see the joy and the peace in Christ...
No, I can't see it. I see smugness and hate.

They will fit right in at home in Hell... What a heavy load.
You're goading. It's not just preaching; it’s not an appeal. The stuff about a “heavy load” is projection and you say it to relieve your wounded mind by being deliberately annoying.

Troy Brooks said:
Now that's ultimate masochism since he declares himself not a sinner even though he rapes woman and murders for profit.
You are accusing Keith of being a rapist and murderer? On what evidence?

If you get that addle brained by interacting with atheists on an internet discussion board, I shudder to think of how unhinged you might become if you met one in real life.

Troy Brooks said:
Now that's ultimate masochism since he declares himself not a sinner even though he rapes woman and murders for profit.
You are accusing Keith of being a rapist and murderer? On what evidence?
What? WHen did he do this?

OH! He edited!

Okay.

I don't remember raping any woman. Or girls. Or boys. Or men.
I haven't killed anyone, either. Though i was poised to launch nuclear weapons, that would have been 'upon the orders of those appointed over me' in defense of the realm. Not murder. And I was a sailor, so even if there was a potential for murder, it certainly wasn't for profit.
And according to Keith these are not sins. They are perfectly acceptable naturalistic outcomes of this irresistibly imposed evolution by some unknown force. Coocoo!
Now, now, now, Troy. I never said murder or rape are acceptable because of evolution.
I said there are no sins because there are no gods.
If you're going to make personal assaults, at least have the decency to make them accurate personal assaults.
And for the love of sanity, learn how to spell 'cuckoo.'
And learn that evolution is not the result of 'some unknown force.' I mean, jeez, it's been explained to you many, many times.

The other 299 are going to burn in the lake of fire for all eternity which is sad and pathetic! but it is what you want.

What I (including the majority of non believers, I assume) want is the truth. Factual information, and not just accept something that so and so Joe Bloe, you in this instance, proclaims is the truth. Firstly the claim that your version of a so called God exists. Secondly

Then the issue that this 'God' of yours condemns all those who intellectually require a reasonable degree proof to support what is an extraordinary claim, to eternal torment, which is not only a comment on the character of this God, but his self proclaimed representatives, his mouthpieces, if you like.

Keith is going to Hell. He knows that. He is just pretending. The Bible says when he finally goes to Hell we will no longer shed a tear for him and he will be forgotten because he will be where he truly belongs burning in the lake of fire for all eternity. Now that's ultimate masochism since he declares himself not a sinner even though he rapes woman and murders for profit. And according to Keith these are not sins. They are perfectly acceptable naturalistic outcomes of this irresistibly imposed evolution by some unknown force. Coocoo!

Please provide, like, y'know, proof.

If I were Keith I might well consider a libel suit.

I feel really unhealthy when I am on an atheist forum for too long so I have to leave at least until next year.

http://biblocality.com/forums
Perhaps that discomfort is cognitive dissonance. An honest person would at least consider the possibility. It's called conscience.

As for your other comments in this thread...

If you believe you yourself are no better than a mongrel dog with no self-control, then of course you are not going to see others any differently. If you can't accept that you yourself are capable of utilizing your higher intellectual functions, then of course you will only see murderers and rapists everywhere. If you yourself are weak of empathy, then of course you are going to be afraid of other human beings. And yet, the world is full of good, conscientious, empathetic, compassionate people who don't need to believe in spooks or superstition to be so. Does this contradiction inspire even a little curiosity in you?

Believing the worst, most simpleton, ignorant excuses for why others don't believe as you do, and believing them "immoral" or other self-righteous dysphemism is just a form of dishonesty.

If only your god-story were one of compassion and kindness instead of punishment, fear, and bloody revenge, then all the people who lack empathy and intelligence might have a chance of joining the ranks of conscience and human excellence.

But alas, "might is right" is what you respond to. I genuinely wish for you to one day have the courage to challenge in yourself the basest and worst of human nature that exists within all of us, and I hope you can then see what is truly good and transcendent in yourself so that you can see it in others.

Reality is actually much kinder to the human psyche than fairy tales, not to mention more interesting.

Keith is going to Hell. He knows that. He is just pretending. The Bible says when he finally goes to Hell we will no longer shed a tear for him and he will be forgotten because he will be where he truly belongs burning in the lake of fire for all eternity. Now that's ultimate masochism since he declares himself not a sinner even though he rapes woman and murders for profit. And according to Keith these are not sins. They are perfectly acceptable naturalistic outcomes of this irresistibly imposed evolution by some unknown force. Coocoo!

Please provide, like, y'know, proof.

If I were Keith I might well consider a libel suit.
But for that, i'd have to show damage, somehow, wouldn't I?
I mean, i'd have to be able to show that someone, somewhere, listens to Troy Brooks and there's some risk his statements might have an impact on my life or reputation.

And while i might enjoy making a judge laugh....

I don't need to even open the Bible to know that its claims are false. A real God would not need to communicate through an ancient holy book. He could simply have us know what he wants us to know. He could then actually test if we will follow his wishes. The very existence of the bible tells me that the God depicted in it either intends not to be perfectly understood, intends all of the conflict with different interpretations, intends all of the wars between competing religions, or that he doesn't exist.

If God wanted us all to know him, there would be no atheists. There would instead be people who know God exists and what he wishes of them, and rebel against him. That isn't what atheists are. We actually think he's fiction.

I don't need to even open the Bible to know that its claims are false. A real God would not need to communicate through an ancient holy book. He could simply have us know what he wants us to know. He could then actually test if we will follow his wishes. The very existence of the bible tells me that the God depicted in it either intends not to be perfectly understood, intends all of the conflict with different interpretations, intends all of the wars between competing religions, or that he doesn't exist.

If God wanted us all to know him, there would be no atheists. There would instead be people who know God exists and what he wishes of them, and rebel against him. That isn't what atheists are. We actually think he's fiction.
Atheism is really a distrust in humans. A skepticism in what humans say. Especially from humans who lived thousands of years ago who knew so little of reason and science.

Frankly, i don't care how much they know about reason and science. If they tell me Einstein believed in a god, or Stephen Hawking, Carl Sagan, I'd still have the same questions. "What tells you this is true?" and "what can you offer me to make me think it's true?"
Admittedly, Hawking would probably not try to sway me with arguments about how the Earth's orbit would be lethal if it was one inch closer to the sun. He knows better.
And i would assume no Nobel Prize winner would try to suggest that their belief is true exactly because i can't disprove it. Or the various appeals to really poor math. Or popularity. Or out and out lies, where they chortle about the suicide rates among atheists.

But still, the basic questions remain.

Frankly, i don't care how much they know about reason and science.
I do. It increases my skepticism.

When you have no scientific explanations for anything, conclusions drawn are more suspect.

When you don't know the potholes reason many times falls into, you fall in.

What tells you this is true? But still, the basic questions remain.
And the same answer remains...

The reason I believe Christianity is proven true is because I have never been able to find anyone who could provide a reasonable and conscientiously plausible naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings seeing Jesus alive from the dead, even touching, talking to, walking with and even eating with.

After I got saved I realized God was proven because that which does not exist can't cause anything; that is, non-existence can bring anything into existence since nothingness does not exist. And there can't be an infinite regress of cause and effects, because if there was you would have had an eternity to come into being before now so you that you are now should have already happened. And self-contradictorily you should never have existed if this alleged past eternity were true because it would go on for eternity never reaching this point.

I am not sure how to get you to believe what I do because it was miracle for me how I changed from believing one thing then instantly believing Jesus was Lord, Savior and Creator. All I can say is the change took place in the deepest part of me, even deeper, in my spirit's intuition, communion and conscience and not in the soulical rough sensational area of mind, will and emotion. I did search God out with all my heart and soul and that's why I found Him, so the only reason someone is not saved is because they don't search God out with all their heart and soul.

I just wanted to let you know why I am a Christian. I'll try to keep it short. In Jan. 2001 without getting into details, I realized miraculously all things sum up in Christ. Effectively I was acknowledging that Jesus was my full satisfaction, that He is God, that I was a sinner, sin leads to death and the second death which is Hell, and I was forgiven by accepting He died on the cross for the sins of the world and received eternal life by His resurrected the 3rd day. The reason I believe Christianity is proven true is because I have never been able to find anyone who could provide a reasonable and conscientiously plausible naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings seeing Jesus alive from the dead, even touching, talking to, walking with and even eating with.

After I got saved I realized God was proven because that which does not exist can't cause anything; that is, non-existence can bring anything into existence since nothingness does not exist. And there can't be an infinite regress of cause and effects, because if there was you would have had an eternity to come into being before now so you that you are now should have already happened. And self-contradictorily you should never have existed if this alleged past eternity were true because it would go on for eternity never reaching this point.

I am not sure how to get you to believe what I do because it was miracle for me how I changed from believing one thing then instantly believing Jesus was Lord, Savior and Creator. All I can say is the change took place in the deepest part of me, even deeper, in my spirit's intuition, communion and conscience and not in the soulical rough sensational area of mind, will and emotion. I did search God out with all my heart and soul and that's why I found Him, so the only reason someone is not saved is because they don't search God out with all their heart and soul.
IOW
You were brainwashed..
SIN is just a Self Inlicted Nonsense...imho

You were brainwashed..
Rape, murder, crime are a sin. Since rape, murder and crime are not unhealthy according to you, this shows how decrepit you are. Thank God Hell exists for people like you otherwise God would not be loving.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to provide my encore post. Bye.

You were brainwashed..
Rape, murder, crime are a sin. Since rape, murder and crime are not unhealthy according to you, this shows how decrepit you are. Thank God Hell exists for people like you otherwise God would not be loving.

- - - Updated - - -

You believe not in a god but a hateful ideology. Thanks for serving as dead weight on the feet of humanity.

You were brainwashed..
- - - Updated - - -
Don't put words into my mouth bro,I've never said rape or murder is ok,,I've meant SINs such as your Ten Commandments,,IF you need to believe in god to be good then don't let anyone stop you

However dont expect such beliefs to make everyone good as it doesn't works,
For the simple reason that Nonexistent god doesn't punish anyone right now and once they are dead,well they don't exist anymore..so no one can punish the criminals either,,

Btw Have you even READ your bible COMPLETELY..god doesnt seem to have any problems condoning rape murder slavery even ,it seems,,why should it be bad then!?

www.evilbible.com

http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/god's not pro-life.htm

http://www.evilbible.com/is_bible_fit_for_worship.htm

What tells you this is true? But still, the basic questions remain.
And the same answer remains...

The reason I believe Christianity is proven true is because I have never been able to find anyone who could provide a reasonable and conscientiously plausible naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles
Dude, Paul writing 'they told me this...' is not eyewitness testimony. It's second hand at best.
That's not an answer, that's just piss-poor English skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Rape, murder, crime are a sin.
No such thing as sin.
Since rape, murder and crime are not unhealthy according to you,
You're making shit up. No one has said rape or murder are not healthy.
this shows how decrepit you are.
Since no one's made that claim, it just shows you're a liar.

Back
Top Bottom