• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

(What is it with cats having no concept of whether their tail is in danger?? She would correctly associate certain actions with the possibility of being hit, but she never understood that if she just wrapped her tail up rather than leaving it sticking across the walkway that she would be in no danger.)
I don't think they have any conscious control over their tails.
Yesterday I saw my cat grab his tail with his front paw, then pull it to his mouth to clean it. Couldn't put it where he wanted it without the assist.
I can only think of one appendage of my body that needs help from my hands. No conscious control.

I walked past the religion section today while in Barnes and Noble after looking at science books. Saw some people browsing, and this funny thought hit me. What if I were to go up to them, and say, “You really believe this shit?!!”

The thought of saying that was very tempting. What would their reaction be? Just to shock people would be hilarious. Especially living in the Bible Belt. Alas, I chickened out.

I walked past the religion section today while in Barnes and Noble after looking at science books. Saw some people browsing, and this funny thought hit me. What if I were to go up to them, and say, “You really believe this shit?!!”

The thought of saying that was very tempting. What would their reaction be? Just to shock people would be hilarious. Especially living in the Bible Belt. Alas, I chickened out.
I would recommend The Brick Bible to them.

Reactions: SLD
(What is it with cats having no concept of whether their tail is in danger?? She would correctly associate certain actions with the possibility of being hit, but she never understood that if she just wrapped her tail up rather than leaving it sticking across the walkway that she would be in no danger.)
I don't think they have any conscious control over their tails.
Yesterday I saw my cat grab his tail with his front paw, then pull it to his mouth to clean it. Couldn't put it where he wanted it without the assist.
I can only think of one appendage of my body that needs help from my hands. No conscious control.
I could believe that, they always seem so stupid about them. However, the body parts that we don't have conscious control over don't have muscles in the first place to be controlled. Cat tails certainly do.

the body parts that we don't have conscious control over don't have muscles in the first place to be controlled. Cat tails certainly do.
And certainly, if you touch the tip of an outstretched tail, the attached cat knows how to flick it away. And they can flick it right back at the spot to explore what touched them, according to the definitive if subjective results of my own informal research.
And, the cat always “knows” where the tail tip was in space when you touched it, well enough to whip around and give your finger the claw in a few milliseconds if they want. What the cat really “knows” about any of that, is as debatable as any other epistemological question. I bet cats don’t give it much thought. Why should they bother? They already rule.

Back
Top Bottom