• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

Google Gemini is accused of being racist towards white people: Users claim the AI bot refuses to create images of Caucasian people - after asking for photos of Popes, Vikings, and country music fans

It's one of the most popular AI chatbots around the world.

But Google's Gemini has been accused of being racist towards white people.

The tool uses artificial intelligence to create images from prompts within seconds.

But users claim the AI bot refuses to create images of Caucasian people, after testing it with requests for Popes, Vikings, and country music fans.

'New game: Try to get Google Gemini to make an image of a Caucasian male. I have not been successful so far,' one user wrote on X (formerly Twitter)

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Wokeness run amok. :LOL:

Google Gemini is accused of being racist towards white people: Users claim the AI bot refuses to create images of Caucasian people - after asking for photos of Popes, Vikings, and country music fans

The tool uses artificial intelligence to create images from prompts within seconds.

But users claim the AI bot refuses to create images of Caucasian people, after testing it with requests for Popes, Vikings, and country music fans.

'New game: Try to get Google Gemini to make an image of a Caucasian male. I have not been successful so far,' one user wrote on X (formerly Twitter)

Is the wokeness run amok in the app or in the user?

The wokeness run amok is obviously in the app. The users are just demonstrating it, with hilarious results. Even the guy in charge at Google is admitting as much. Apparently he has shut it down while they work to make it somewhat resemble reality:

Speaking to MailOnline, Jack Krawczyk, Senior Director of Gemini Experiences, said: 'We're working to improve these kinds of depictions immediately.

'Gemini's AI image generation does generate a wide range of people. And that's generally a good thing because people around the world use it. But it's missing the mark here.'
Lest you think its limited to being "anit-white", it also has the unintended consequence of being flat out racist against POC. When asked to portray images of Nazi soldiers in WWII, the images showed predominantly black Nazis. :LOL: I'm sure black people around the world are cheering that. As if they don't have enough negative stereotypes to deal with as it is...

Wouldn't surprise me--I'd expect a lot more success with "white". How many pictures are going to be labeled "Caucasian"?

Back
Top Bottom