• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

What the goddamned fuck, internet?

Okay, so, in the 70's, i was a big fan of the TV show "When Things Were Rotten." I always understood it to be a Mel Brooks production.
I'm reading his memoirs, All About Me. There's no WTWR chapter. Get Smart, Producers, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles....
Huh. Maybe i was wrong about WTWR?
To the google! In the middle of the Get Smart chapter, i go looking.

I can't find anything that actually connects Mel Brooks to the show. I found ONE site that reviewed it 'with humor in the style of Mel Brooks.' Was that what i was thinking? Did my brain just bridge some jokes and ascribe something illicitly?
WEird. Okay, well, all these years i was wrong.

I turned the page in the memoirs. He lists actors he used in Get Smart, "...and then when i made When Things Were Rotten, i hired him again..."

Son of a fuck!?!?

Back to google. Same search term.
"Mel Brooks' lampoon of..."
"A short-lived Mel Brooks sitcom...."
"...based on Robin Hood's legend, Mel Brooks..."

And of course, 'humor in the style of Mel Brooks.' Well, no SHIT it's in his style. He could junk everything, take meth, and make a Lovecraft Musical and it'd be in Mel Brooks' style.

What the ever loving hell is going on? The internet decided to gaslight me for one hour?
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

What the goddamned fuck, internet?

Okay, so, in the 70's, i was a big fan of the TV show "When Things Were Rotten." I always understood it to be a Mel Brooks production.
I'm reading his memoirs, All About Me. There's no WTWR chapter. Get Smart, Producers, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles....
Huh. Maybe i was wrong about WTWR?
To the google! In the middle of the Get Smart chapter, i go looking.

I can't find anything that actually connects Mel Brooks to the show. I found ONE site that reviewed it 'with humor in the style of Mel Brooks.' Was that what i was thinking? Did my brain just bridge some jokes and ascribe something illicitly?
WEird. Okay, well, all these years i was wrong.

I turned the page in the memoirs. He lists actors he used in Get Smart, "...and then when i made When Things Were Rotten, i hired him again..."

Son of a fuck!?!?

Back to google. Same search term.
"Mel Brooks' lampoon of..."
"A short-lived Mel Brooks sitcom...."
"...based on Robin Hood's legend, Mel Brooks..."

And of course, 'humor in the style of Mel Brooks.' Well, no SHIT it's in his style. He could junk everything, take meth, and make a Lovecraft Musical and it'd be in Mel Brooks' style.

What the ever loving hell is going on? The internet decided to gaslight me for one hour?
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
I remember that show! I liked it too. Even remember the theme song, "Once upon a time, when things were rotten.." If I recall Dick Gautier played Robin Hood, and Maid Marian was Misty Rowe (a classic 1970's fox, who was also on Hee Haw). And yeah, I recall it being a Mel Brooks production as well.

I remember that show! I liked it too. Even remember the theme song, "Once upon a time, when things were rotten.." If I recall Dick Gautier played Robin Hood, and Maid Marian was Misty Rowe (a classic 1970's fox, who was also on Hee Haw). And yeah, I recall it being a Mel Brooks production as well.

I was trying to discuss it with one of my teachers one day. She stopped me, "That's not humor."
I was stunned. I knew before then that adults could be wrong, but this was learning those in positions of authority could be stupid.

A teen was having a weird moment at the supermarket today.

"Mom?" (with some urgency) "What is this?"
"That's an eggplant."
"Eggplants are REAL!? GROSS!"

I was trying to discuss it with one of my teachers one day. She stopped me, "That's not humor."
I was stunned. I knew before then that adults could be wrong, but this was learning those in positions of authority could be stupid.
A couple of other short lived shows I liked from back in that era:

Quark - A comedy starring Richard Benjamin as a captain of a space ship. There were a couple of identical twin blondes on the show for the gratuitous '70's T&A.

Salvage 1 - Starring Andy Griffith has the owner of a junk yard. He makes a rocket ship out of random junk and and launches it into space.

The next GQP COVID cure

View attachment 37038
I wonder if opium is one of the ingredients.
And I wonder why is it not recommended for children under six since it is such a great panacea.
B’cuz opium. Or laudanum … plus alcohol, cocaine and formaldehyde.
No artificial flavors, gluten free and organic. All natural ingredients.
How do you put alcohol in a cigarette.

The next GQP COVID cure

View attachment 37038
I wonder if opium is one of the ingredients.
And I wonder why is it not recommended for children under six since it is such a great panacea.
B’cuz opium. Or laudanum … plus alcohol, cocaine and formaldehyde.
No artificial flavors, gluten free and organic. All natural ingredients.
How do you put alcohol in a cigarette.
let the tobacco etc soak in it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom