• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

To Give You a Size of the Immense and Growing Size of Illegal Immigration

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
There are a lot of people on this board who are very disappointed with Trump and maga supporters, and I get that. But what I do not understand is why these same people welcome and celebrate the same politicians and people directly responsible for lost voters in US central states to vote for Trump in the first place? What good can come of all this? With regards to recent court decisions regarding the ballet in Colorado and Maine. Even if you believe immigrants are better people than who already have citizenship in the US... and even if you believe Trump is insurrectionist scum, do you really believe our constitution is being served if the state can assume on assertion alone that that is proof of guilt? , Should not people be allowed to vote for their candidate of choice who is willing to serve their choice NOT to have illegal immigration?

My concern is that as the Democrats force this country into chaos, it will cause SERIOUS blowback of an authoritative regime in the US. Its happened many times in history and after seeing the results of San Francisco I can see why people would rather die in conflict or war rather than live in the chaos favored by the Democrats. A nation divided can not stand. Or if you don't like Abraham Lincolns version, a similar quote made 1800 years earlier, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.” — Jesus Christ. It applied then and now.

And for the people who think this is some kind of side issue, let me assure you it is about all the maga supporters are talking about right now.

He's right. It's literally insane.

Only crazy people would accept, without question, the validity of a graph of unsourced figures, posted on the Internet.

Is there any reason to believe that these aren't in fact the data for sales of Pepsi vs Coca-Cola?

If I am going to become outraged, I'm going to need a LOT more than this tripe as a stimulus to do so.

Even if the data actually show what they purport to show, the tacit admission behind "these are just the official encounters, we don't know how many avoided detection" is that the entire increase could be a consequence of better detection - Trump's administration could just have been as bad at detecting illegal immigrants, as they were at literally everything else, and the result would look just like that presented here.

Fake news, the border is secure.

Even the liberal main stream news admits this is not fake>

I don't understand how this can be happening, I thought Brandon had assigned Kamala Harris to fix the border or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't understand how this can be happening, I thought Brandon had assigned Kamala Harris to fix the border or something?
You must have missed it. She said very sternly, "Don't come". I think she may have even said it twice.

The phrase "My concern is that as the Democrats force this country into chaos," tells it all.

The graph is another tell - using monthly data, it omits the 4 years under Trump.

The phrase "My concern is that as the Democrats force this country into chaos," tells it all.
I think it is more concerning that OP is tacitly endorsing putting the country under the boot of an autocratic regime in order to "solve the problem."

Hey, can't have any of that peaky "opposition" mucking things up, now can we? It's time to unite under one strong man. A strongman, if you will. And we all know who that is, right?

There are a lot of people on this board who are very disappointed with Trump and maga supporters, and I get that. But what I do not understand is why these same people welcome and celebrate the same politicians and people directly responsible for lost voters in US central states to vote for Trump in the first place? What good can come of all this? With regards to recent court decisions regarding the ballet in Colorado and Maine. Even if you believe immigrants are better people than who already have citizenship in the US... and even if you believe Trump is insurrectionist scum, do you really believe our constitution is being served if the state can assume on assertion alone that that is proof of guilt? , Should not people be allowed to vote for their candidate of choice who is willing to serve their choice NOT to have illegal immigration?

My concern is that as the Democrats force this country into chaos, it will cause SERIOUS blowback of an authoritative regime in the US. Its happened many times in history and after seeing the results of San Francisco I can see why people would rather die in conflict or war rather than live in the chaos favored by the Democrats. A nation divided can not stand. Or if you don't like Abraham Lincolns version, a similar quote made 1800 years earlier, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.” — Jesus Christ. It applied then and now.

And for the people who think this is some kind of side issue, let me assure you it is about all the maga supporters are talking about right now.
Law should not be decided based solely on political expediency. None of us had any input whatsoever on the Colorado or Maine decisions, but if I did, my position would be that the legally constituted system of jurisprudence in those states should make their own determinations, based on the law and the evidence with which they have been presented. If anyone involved confessed to wanting to make a decision in a legal case on the basis on politics rather than on the merits of the case, I would want them removed if they were a judge or simply ignore them if they are a common citizen.

And of course your views on immigration are dumb and illogical, but that's not the basis on which either state court should have acted anyway, so it's irrelevant. You will be free to "vote against immigration" in November no matter what the Supreme Court decides about the Trump situation, so you should relax a little.

You must have missed it. She said very sternly, "Don't come". I think she may have even said it twice.

No doubt :hysterical:

But don't put any restrictions on the businesses that make up the Chamber of Commerce.

Law should not be decided based solely on political expediency. None of us had any input whatsoever on the Colorado or Maine decisions, but if I did, my position would be that the legally constituted system of jurisprudence in those states should make their own determinations, based on the law and the evidence with which they have been presented. If anyone involved confessed to wanting to make a decision in a legal case on the basis on politics rather than on the merits of the case, I would want them removed if they were a judge or simply ignore them if they are a common citizen.

And of course your views on immigration are dumb and illogical, but that's not the basis on which either state court should have acted anyway, so it's irrelevant. You will be free to "vote against immigration" in November no matter what the Supreme Court decides about the Trump situation, so you should relax a little.
So if law is not decided based solely on political expediency, how come California made a different decision than Colorado did based on the same case?

Gavin Newsom is going to run for President and wants it to be against Trump.

The graph is another tell - using monthly data, it omits the 4 years under Trump.
You don't think making shop lifting legal and allowing people to piss and shit all over the public commons is not your definition of chaos? Was it conservative ordinances that allowed this chaos to take place?

So if law is not decided based solely on political expediency, how come California made a different decision than Colorado did based on the same case?
Those are different states? I don't understand how your question is even supposed to make sense.

. You will be free to "vote against immigration" in November no matter what the Supreme Court decides about the Trump situation, so you should relax a little.
That is exactly NOT the point. In the first place, I wish Trump was not even running this time around and have said so many other times here.

The point being the maga supporters believe that Trump is the ONLY candidate (other than possibly Vivek) who will be courageous enough to even talk about fixing illegal immigration. Having some sort of backbone to go against the "ruling elite" otherwise known as the deep state.

Those are different states? I don't understand how your question is even supposed to make sense.
You mean we should assume law regarding a federal election should be arrived at differently if it is being looked at in a different state? You don't make sense.

It is a mess, and it's not a mess that can be cleared up with easy answers. I'm a lib, and I want more to be done with border control. The GOP is delighted that there's a problem, and they intend to perpetuate it. It's a huge promotion for their side. Recently, they've refused to fund more personnel at the border, because they want a solution that matches their strategies only. There is not a consistent set of demands (that I've heard), but the sense of it is that they want to do away with just about all measures of asylum and humanitarian parole. If any national GOP figure ever denounced Trump for locking up toddlers and teens apart from their parents, I don't remember it. Do we want to see prison camps for kids again? Is that our identity? Trump seems to do nothing but double down on the excess criminality of immigrants, which is another of his endless lies. In other words, this is a problem that, with our present political setup, is unsolvable. I would support a law that deported anyone who engaged in piggyback (or chain) migration, of bringing in a spouse and then the inlaws, because then we could deport Trump.

Okay Fine. But why let the republicans off the hook so easy?!! What the hell have they done about it? They control 50% of government. Illegal immigration went up when trump was president. There is a viable bill right now that the republicans are ignoring. If it’s such a big deal to the right then the right should do something about it and quit whining…

Back
Top Bottom