• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Toothbrush mug mystery

Philos

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
Folks,

There are two toothbrush mugs in our bathroom, one each side of the bathroom mirror above the washbasin. I always use the one on the left. Today I mentioned to my wife that the one on the right was full of toothbrushes (8 of them). She said that she thought the one on the right was my mug and she always used the one on the left. But, I said that I thought the mug on the right was hers and I always used the one on the left. We both agreed that we have been doing this for 12 years. WTF!

Where have the toothbrushes come from in the mug on the right; why is it even there? A complete mystery, which has been in front of our faces for 12 years.

Has anything like this happened to you?

A.

:hysterical:

Nothing like that has ever happened to me, but that is the funniest thing I have heard all week. Thank you so much for the laugh!

Folks,

There are two toothbrush mugs in our bathroom, one each side of the bathroom mirror above the washbasin. I always use the one on the left. Today I mentioned to my wife that the one on the right was full of toothbrushes (8 of them). She said that she thought the one on the right was my mug and she always used the one on the left. But, I said that I thought the mug on the right was hers and I always used the one on the left. We both agreed that we have been doing this for 12 years. WTF!

Where have the toothbrushes come from in the mug on the right; why is it even there? A complete mystery, which has been in front of our faces for 12 years.

A.

The issue here is you guys have been using the same toothbrush for the last twelve years. Time to replace it! Just the brush, your wife is fine! :p

By the way, all you have to do to renew your old brush is to gather ingredients like hot boiled water and a bowl. Now swirl the toothbrush around in the boiled water and presto! The bristles are now together and your new toothbrush is ready to use for another 12 years! :)

The issue here is you guys have been using the same toothbrush for the last twelve years. Time to replace it! Just the brush, your wife is fine! :p

I suspect the reason the toothbrushes were piling up in the right cup is that his wife was helpfully giving him a new one periodically, expecting him to throw away the old one when he was ready.

Philos will have to fill us in on the details. Meanwhile, I had to share this story will my daughter because she wanted to know what had me laughing so hard. :D

A tooth-brush fairy once stole one of my goats and several peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes.

They are not to be trusted.

Pretty funny. I'll bet your maid has always thought that the toothbrushes in the right mug were for teeth brushing, and the ones in the left mug were for cleaning the shower tile grout & scum. You might wanna ask...just sayin'.

Watch out--they obviously belong to someone else living in the house.

Since you don't know about them it must be her boyfriend!

:)

Folks,

A.

:D

If it cheers you up, I didn't realise I was using my housemate's makeup sponge to clean the sink for a long time, and neither did she.

I suspect the reason the toothbrushes were piling up in the right cup is that his wife was helpfully giving him a new one periodically, expecting him to throw away the old one when he was ready.

Philos will have to fill us in on the details. Meanwhile, I had to share this story will my daughter because she wanted to know what had me laughing so hard. :D

Folks,

OK,

The mug on the left usually has two or three toothbrushes in it. I always use the Oral B Pulsar, which has a little battery in it. My wife just uses the cheapest possible ones from the supermarket. Now, sometimes I will use one of the other brushes if I have a particular spot to deal with, but not often. She doesn't use the Pulsar.

But, the other brushes in the mug on the right have just been standing there. We have now removed them. The epilogue to this is that the mug on the right is made in the shape of a coca cola can, kind of collectable, and that is why she thought it was mine, for some reason?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Pul...1505723940&sr=1-31&keywords=oral-b+toothbrush

A.

Folks,

A.

Tooth fairy? Occam's razor. Just leaves the fairy.

Sounds like it's time for a divorce!
I mean seriously, she's been using your toothbrush mug for 12 years!
That's unforgivable. :mad:

It seems obvious that all of your missing socks get transformed into toothbrushes and transported to the 'spare' toothbrush holder in your bathroom.

If you aren't missing any socks, then it's MY socks which are being transformed and transported thousands of miles to your bathroom.

Please kindly return them to their original state and send them back to me. They are from my favorite pairs.

Back
Top Bottom