• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump and neocons started War with Iran in order to win elections?

You post like the below quite often without ever seeming acknowledging, that at least the Dums aren't quite as reckless and wanton in their international domination games as the Repugs. If you actually don't think that both parties are 'just as bad' at war mongering, just say so... I had certainly criticized the Obama Administration often for its continued and expanded use of drone attacks, as it legitimized what the Shrub did and has enabled the current clown to do his dirty deeds w/o much limitations.

Hey, remember when Obama was President, and we weren't the bad guys?

Democrat drones kill people in a happy way. Republican drones are mean when they kill people.

You failed to support your claim.

Looks pretty much supported to me.

But still, this is not the same as calling for Malia and Sasha to be put in cages like Peter Fonda did for Barron Trump.

But you forget: We really don't care, do u?
Hypocrits can't stand competition.

You post like the below quite often without ever seeming acknowledging, that at least the Dums aren't quite as reckless and wanton in their international domination games as the Repugs. If you actually don't think that both parties are 'just as bad' at war mongering, just say so... I had certainly criticized the Obama Administration often for its continued and expanded use of drone attacks, as it legitimized what the Shrub did and has enabled the current clown to do his dirty deeds w/o much limitations.

You failed to support your claim.

Looks pretty much supported to me.
It is unfortunate that Jason wastes so much time because they don't bother to care about context.

I'm not sure how you think Libya, was anything other than a total fuck up

You can't understand the fact that things can go wrong and consequently not have the intended outcome?

The other issue is that the drone wars are inherently risky to the places we have attacked, as the weapons are much hard to use judiciously as opposed to troops on the ground managing an occupation.

You seriously believe that it's better to invade a country like we did in Iraq, with a hundred thousand troops--and all of the "shock and awe" that must precede it--that results in the deaths, maiming and displacement of millions of completely innocence men, women and children as opposed to strategically targeted drone strikes that are far more accurate and result in dramatically less collateral damage?

I don't want either, of course, but if you're saying 100,000 innocents killed vs. 1,000, I'd have to go with 1,000.

We seem to have un-learned that flying warplanes over other countries w/o their permission isn't a decent thingy. Also, Pres. Obama expanded the utilization of the drone attacks to other countries we were never at war with

Except in very rare instances (and primarily early on) due to legitimate concerns over breaches in security, the Obama administration worked in tandem with countries like Pakistan, just not publicly.

I was just watching Fox News and they made a great point that Russia isn't mourning the death of Soleimani. China isn't mourning his death. India isn't mourning his death. No world powers are moruning his death except for Iran and U.S. Democrats.

That should put it into perspective how crazy our Dems have gotten.

Why would Russia be upset? In the last six months, Trump has whittled US influence in the Middle East to approximately three-fifths of fuck all.
And why would China be upset? Their belt and road initiative is going swimmingly, buying up pacific nations one at a time.
Oh, and no Demonrat is mourning the death of Suleimani. This should put in perspective how idiotic your assertion is.

And stop watching FOX news. It's reporting on what goes on in the US is problematic at best. It's reporting on the rest of the world (when it acknowledges such a concept exists), is downright laughable.

Why would Russia be upset? In the last six months, Trump has whittled US influence in the Middle East to approximately three-fifths of fuck all.
And why would China be upset? Their belt and road initiative is going swimmingly, buying up pacific nations one at a time.
Oh, and no Demonrat is mourning the death of Suleimani. This should put in perspective how idiotic your assertion is.

And stop watching FOX news. It's reporting on what goes on in the US is problematic at best. It's reporting on the rest of the world (when it acknowledges such a concept exists), is downright laughable.

Democrats are complaining that Soleimani is dead. That is mourning anyway you look at it. You don't complain about the death of a terrorist unless you have an agenda against the President that no matter what he does, it's bad.

And are you saying we need more troops in the Middle East? I thought leftists were against more troops overseas.

Democrats are complaining that Soleimani is dead. That is mourning anyway you look at it. You don't complain about the death of a terrorist unless you have an agenda against the President that no matter what he does, it's bad.
Or we find killing him as a foolish act that does nothing but bring the disparate groups in the region together to fight a common enemy.

And are you saying we need more troops in the Middle East? I thought leftists were against more troops overseas.
We're against Trump pulling troops out, creating a vacuum that Iran and wait for it... Russia will fill.

Until you understand expressions like "unintended consequences", "sphere of influence" and "soft power" on the global stage, you should stop lobbing your $0.02. You're embarrassing yourself.

Or we find killing him as a foolish act that does nothing but bring the disparate groups in the region together to fight a common enemy.

We're against Trump pulling troops out, creating a vacuum that Iran and wait for it... Russia will fill.

I just don't get you guys. First you say "no more endless wars! bring the troops home!" Now you care about what Russia and Iran will do in that area if we pull out?

I thought you guys say, "Let the countries do whatever they want. It's not our business. We need to get out of there!"

I just don't get you guys. First you say "no more endless wars! bring the troops home!" Now you care about what Russia and Iran will do in that area if we pull out?

I thought you guys say, "Let the countries do whatever they want. It's not our business. We need to get out of there!"

I guess you're the expert on all things leftist. You tell me.

I don't get you.. you always say what "leftists" think and do, but here you are complaining that you "don't get us guys" (I'm not a leftie, btw).

See what I did there?

I don't get you.. you always say what "leftists" think and do, but here you are complaining that you "don't get us guys" (I'm not a leftie, btw).

See what I did there?

Because it's strange to me. I remember when leftists said, "Bring the troops home!"

Then Trump was doing that and leftists said, "No! No! Not now! Don't abandon the Kurds!"

And no leftists were signing up to go and fight, which is what they complain about when we go to war. "You want war? You go!" But then they said, "Don't abandon the Kurds!" and they weren't willing to go fight with them. They wanted other troops to stay and fight, which is what they are against. :shrug:

See what I did there?

Because it's strange to me. I remember when leftists said, "Bring the troops home!"

Then Trump was doing that and leftists said, "No! No! Not now! Don't abandon the Kurds!"

And no leftists were signing up to go and fight, which is what they complain about when we go to war. "You want war? You go!" But then they said, "Don't abandon the Kurds!" and they weren't willing to go fight with them. They wanted other troops to stay and fight, which is what they are against. :shrug:

No, Gun Nut. Half-life did not see what you did there. But to be fair, if you eliminate all his straw man arguments there wouldn't be much left.

No, Gun Nut. Half-life did not see what you did there. But to be fair, if you eliminate all his straw man arguments there wouldn't be much left.

I'm not doing straw men. I watched the video of that "Beau of the Fifth Column" guy. He is a leftist and he said we shouldn't abandon the Kurds. But he also says, "If you want war, you go fight!" Both positions are mutually exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom