• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump channels Hitler: Immigrants are Poisoning Our Blood

"Despite the election results I do not for a moment perceive a menance to the republican constitution, the public safety or the foreign policy. It is absolutely out of the question that the radical parties that emerged victors at the polls should be given a chance to try out their recipes for government. "
~ Frederick Kuh, Atlantic Constitution, 1930

"In allowing himself to be drawn into the presidential race Adolf Hitler made the greatest mistake of his career. He will be hopelessly defeated, and the prestige of his party in the Reichstag will doubtless undergo a considerable shrinkage .... Germany may owe her salvation to the fate which drove the leader of the Nazis into (this) campaign."
~ Washington Post editorial, 1932

"To the rest of the world, the election should be a warning not to heed too much the propaganda of radicalism .... In America we are too frequently led to misjudge the strength of popular trends by the noise of agitators who do not represent the sound sense of the body politic."
~ Richmond Times-Dispatch editorial, 1932

"There is every reason to hope that this government will be given a chance to rule, for, whether there is agreement with his policies or not, there is little (possibility) for a restoration of political peace and orderly economic recovery until (this regime) has been given a trial."
~ Washington Post editorial, 1933

"Hitler sought to establish a unitarian, authoritarian state on two contradictions. One was the supreme party, which was to end factionalism, but was itself divided ... The other was the dictatorial government, in which these powers were divided between irreconcilable elements."
~ Eugene Young, New York Times, 1934

"There would seem to be a sinister significance ... in the fact that events prior to the World War are so similar to those in recent days. It is to be fervently hoped, however, that the ultimate denouement will be far different ... (and) the nations of Europe
will not be dragged once more into the bloody maelstrom of war."
~ Richmond Times-Dispatch editorial, 1935

https://scholarship.richmond.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2336&context=masters-theses

Does the orange moron think this Hitlerian tough guy act is going to win him new voters? Or is he try to excuse in advance, his next attempt to use violence to overthrow an election?
It's almost as though for years he kept copies of Hitler's speeches on his bedside table.

He's also planning renewed sweeping roundups of overstays to deport and -- wait for it -- gigantic detention camps.
Many people are saying Arbeit Macht Frei.

Does the orange moron think this Hitlerian tough guy act is going to win him new voters? Or is he try to excuse in advance, his next attempt to use violence to overthrow an election?
Well, the real question is whether it will get him new voters or not.

It's depressing that's still a valid question in 2023. In a fair world, "new voters for Trump", would be a phrase that's not taken seriously.

That, and...what will he do about his Jewish son in law?

Reactions: SLD
That, and...what will he do about his Jewish son in law?
Nothing. Once Jared divorces Trump's future wife he becomes one of the good ones.

His rhetoric coupled with the "news" provided by OANN, NewsMax, FOX is selling well with Republicans and "Libertarians" in general. Trump will halt the "Breakdown in Civil Order" for sure by ridding us of the troublesome vermin causing it.

His rhetoric coupled with the "news" provided by OANN, NewsMax, FOX is selling well with Republicans and "Libertarians" in general. Trump will halt the "Breakdown in Civil Order" for sure by ridding us of the troublesome vermin causing it.
Hey! Remember when crime went up (urban and rural), relatively to recent years, while Trump was President... and somehow conservatives wanted to blame anyone but Trump? Now, if it is cloudy outside, same people are rallying at the House to impeach Biden. But yeah, Trump will Make America Great Again... when the last time he was in charge, anti-Semites were marching with tiki-torches in Virginia.

Yup. The Republican Party realizes that they can no longer win elections in the normal way. To retain power they have to give up on democracy and resort to full fledged fascism. Trump will double down on these comments in the coming days. He’s like a desperate cornered animal, lashing out regardless of the consequences. Now he’s talking about using the insurrection act to go after his enemies. I have yet to hear a condemnation from any Republican leader, even Mitch McConnell. Maybe I missed it.

the sad truth is that people give lip service to freedom, but what they really want is order and power. I’m reminded of the book by an ex Nazi, We Thought We Were Free.

This problem has been decades in the making, and we won’t solve it soon. But maybe we can take some comfort that fascist and authoritarian ideas have often surfaced in the United States, but have ultimately been defeated. We can do so again. The key is going to be reducing income inequality and increasing affordable housing and health care for all. People who have a stake in the system, will not try to destroy it.

So Steven Cheung, a Trump Campaign spokesman, added fuel to the fire right after this, claiming that anyone who compares Trump to Hitler will have their entire existence crushed. Then he retracted this to say, only their sad, miserable existence would be crushed.
  • "[T]hose who try to make that ridiculous assertion are clearly snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House," Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung told the Post in a statement.
I mean seriously. What the fuck? This is gone beyond mere hyperbole - actually it went beyond it on 1/6/21. But how can anyone, anyone at all, who is not an utter fucking fascist, vote for these motherfuckers? What are people who actually considering voting for him saying about these comments? I am stunned beyond stunned. I mean I have many conservative friends. I tell them, fine, don't vote for Biden. You're not a liberal. But don't vote for Trump. Most all of them agree. I swear, I don't know a single conservative who actually supports him. But what are these people saying about this?

This should be front page news all across the spectrum, but it's like everyone is ignoring it. Of course we have to take him at his word.

Answering in part my own question here is a story about Republicans response:

Typical crap. Dismissive, Democrats have said the same thing, (I don't recall any Democrat saying that they would root out the vermin, and crush their existence). Joe Wilson representative from South Carolina said, “I would have to see the context.” Seriously? What the fuck dude? I met Joe Wilson once. Sat down and had a cup of coffee with him and talked about Afghanistan. Seemed normal, nice and engaged. But what the fuck context does one need to understand this.

Then there is Rep. Victoria Spartz (R-Ind.) who said, “I just care what people do. I don’t care what people say.” Really, you don't? So if a Democratic Presidential candidate, like your colleague in the House, Dean Phillips, were to call on the Armed Forces to arrest you and execute you, you wouldn't care as long as they didn't do it? Fuck me. Just fuck me to tears. This is an utterly insane dystopia we are living in. Why these people are taken seriously by anyone with half a brain is beyond me.

Remember, when Trump was still spreading his Birther lies, John Boehner, speaker of the Friggin' House, said that he had no comment, because "It's not my job to tell the American people what to think."
There is just no equivalence across the aisle. This is a totally corrupt party supporting a traitor, a racist, and soon, one hopes, a convicted felon.

Reactions: SLD
Why these people are taken seriously by anyone with half a brain is beyond me.
You answered your own question.
There enough American people with half a brain to make it worth the while of opportunists to court their vote.
The RW media bubble keeps the sheep well herded for them, sweetening the deal for the unethical.

The attack on Paul Pelosi is old news, but in the news again since the attacker was just found guilty.

This MSNBC video reminds us just how despicable Republicans are. Donald Trump Jr., Elon Musk and Members of Congress all pushed the foundationless lie that Pelosi was attacked by his gay lover. Several top Republicans treat the attack as material for stand-up comedy! Fast-forward to 5:40 in the video to hear what top GOPsters are still saying about the attack.

The present-day GOP has become as sick as Hitler's Nazi Party was in the 1930's, but many millions of Americans are blind to this fact.

The present-day GOP has become as sick as Hitler's Nazi Party was in the 1930's, but many millions of Americans are blind to this fact.
QFT
I spoke to a realtor today, and will walk the property with her in the spring. She knows my concern and shares it. She herself has been working hard on a gorgeous downtown property. Says there are already AR-toting asshats and their monster trucks “occupying” the main intersection and making people feel threatened. And this little town is the seat of a Democratic County (for the last few cycles).

Back
Top Bottom