• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

The shooter didn't like Trump or Biden, but he was conservative. Most recent searches on his electronics show he was looking into the DNC convention and Trump's rally.

Even more, he wanted to be a famous assassin...probably because he sucked at shooting and everyone bullied him.

On Steam, he posted about it...

If someone is deliberately shot at, it will be either a hit or a miss. The chance of a minor graze is phenomenally lucky if this was a genuine shot.
Statistics from wars suggest that this is nonsense. For every fatality, there are typically ten injuries requiring hospitalisation, and fifty minor injuries so trivial that the recipients barely even notice them at the time.

Guns are not magic, and don't work in reality the way they work in Hollywood.

The chance of a minor injury, either from the bullet, or from spalling off nearby objects hit by a round that missed its target, is far higher than you imagine.
The thing is it supposedly passed right past his head. The head is a lot wider than the tip of his ear. The area in which it could inflict a very minor wound is very small.

If someone is deliberately shot at, it will be either a hit or a miss. The chance of a minor graze is phenomenally lucky if this was a genuine shot.
Statistics from wars suggest that this is nonsense. For every fatality, there are typically ten injuries requiring hospitalisation, and fifty minor injuries so trivial that the recipients barely even notice them at the time.

Guns are not magic, and don't work in reality the way they work in Hollywood.

The chance of a minor injury, either from the bullet, or from spalling off nearby objects hit by a round that missed its target, is far higher than you imagine.
The thing is it supposedly passed right past his head. The head is a lot wider than the tip of his ear. The area in which it could inflict a very minor wound is very small.
And if the shooter was aiming for it to be barely that wide, you'd have a point. As far as clearly hitting the target, the shooter was 0 for 4. So barely grazing on one of them seems in the ball park.

Does this make sense to anyone? I've been on a shit ton of roofs, (both high and low slope) and the roof the sniper was on was on the low slope side, for sure. The sniper was able to get on it easily enough and set up a rifle, but it was "too scary" for the SS?

Secret Service boss blames ‘sloped roof’ for not putting sniper team on building used by would-be Trump assassin

Embattled Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle says she has no plans to resign, even after the stunning revelation that the agency decided not to guard the roof from which Thomas Crooks opened fire on former President Donald Trump because it was too slanted.

“That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there’s a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn’t want to put somebody up on a sloped roof,” she told ABC News in a startling admission.

“And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside,” she told the outlet.

I get that people will try to make up excuses to cover up their mishandling of a situation. Usually, though, they're smart enough to try something that has at least a little plausibility to it. This is a major...WTF?

Does this make sense to anyone? I've been on a shit ton of roofs, (both high and low slope) and the roof the sniper was on was on the low slope side, for sure. The sniper was able to get on it easily enough and set up a rifle, but it was "too scary" for the SS?

Secret Service boss blames ‘sloped roof’ for not putting sniper team on building used by would-be Trump assassin
My thought was "metal roof" in near 90 degree weather would have been more of an issue than it being sloped. It was a relatively gentle slope. There are a lot of shortcomings here, which again, I think is the results of Secret Service not needing to shield a President or former President from bullets in two generations.

I think they'll be looking at security details at other sites in the run up to this and similar security shortfalls will be noted, but it wasn't an issue because there wasn't a sniper.

Sandi Bachom 📹 on X: "Nobody’s talking about ..." / X
Nobody’s talking about the reason Trump is doing his rallies in these outside locations. I was at the Schnecksville Pennsylvania rally. It was a very similar situation as Butler. He doesn’t do indoor venues anymore because they cost money and these venues are free. He doesn’t even have Jumbotrons. His last four rallies were at a fire house, a farm, a beach and a park in the Bronx all free He owes millions to the indoor venues. He never paid including Minneapolis target center 2019 he owes $500,000.
Donald Trump indeed has a history of stiffing owners of indoor arenas, which is why they have become unwilling to let him hold events in them. It must be noted that is all in character for him, since he has a long history of stiffing building contractors and lawyers. They responded by demanding payment up front, and are arena owners now also doing so?
eResist on X: "@sandibachom Yep. Here’s a handy map. (pic link)" / X
Where the Trump campaign has outstanding bills
Center for Public Integrity, news reports
  • Spokane, Wash. $65,000 May 2016
  • Burlington, Vt. $8,000 Jan. 2016
  • Minneapolis $530,000 Oct. 2019
  • Green Bay, Wis. $9,000 Aug. 2016
  • Billings, Mont. $43,000 Sept. 2018
  • Eau Claire, Wis. $47,000 April 2016
  • Erie, Pa. $35,000 Oct. 2018
  • Lebanon, Ohio $16,000 Oct. 2018
  • Mesa. Ariz. $64,000 Oct. 2018
  • Albuquerque $211,000 Oct. 2019
  • Tucson, Ariz. $82,000 March 2016
  • EI Paso $569,000 Feb. 2019

The shooter didn't like Trump or Biden, but he was conservative. Most recent searches on his electronics show he was looking into the DNC convention and Trump's rally.

Even more, he wanted to be a famous assassin...probably because he sucked at shooting and everyone bullied him.

On Steam, he posted about it...

The article you cited was based on other unnamed sources and lacked details. I looked at a number of others giving similar vague information about the alleged Steam post. Apparently, it came from a briefing by SS director Cheatle, and she did not say when he posted that reference to July 13. Vague references to pictures on his phone suggested that he may have been looking at a range of targets, but that was apparently just based on the pictures they found and search references. Obviously, the investigation is still going on, so her disclosures were never going to satisfy anyone. She should have kept mum about these vague details until a full public disclosure could be made. It is probably too early to conclude that Crooks was just looking to be a famous assassin, but that is a reasonable guess. He does not seem to have been active in posting his views on other social media sites other than a gaming site. So we can conclude that he played a lot of video games, which is pretty normal for a young man. He also seems to have searched for information on depression medication.

Embattled Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle says she has no plans to resign, even after the stunning revelation that the agency decided not to guard the roof from which Thomas Crooks opened fire on former President Donald Trump because it was too slanted.

“That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there’s a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn’t want to put somebody up on a sloped roof,” she told ABC News in a startling admission.

And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside,” she told the outlet.

I get that people will try to make up excuses to cover up their mishandling of a situation. Usually, though, they're smart enough to try something that has at least a little plausibility to it. This is a major...WTF?

Unbelievable she won't resign. Well, not really I suppose.

Last edited:
Sandi Bachom 📹 on X: "Nobody’s talking about ..." / X
Nobody’s talking about the reason Trump is doing his rallies in these outside locations. I was at the Schnecksville Pennsylvania rally. It was a very similar situation as Butler. He doesn’t do indoor venues anymore because they cost money and these venues are free. He doesn’t even have Jumbotrons. His last four rallies were at a fire house, a farm, a beach and a park in the Bronx all free He owes millions to the indoor venues. He never paid including Minneapolis target center 2019 he owes $500,000.
Donald Trump indeed has a history of stiffing owners of indoor arenas, which is why they have become unwilling to let him hold events in them. It must be noted that is all in character for him, since he has a long history of stiffing building contractors and lawyers. They responded by demanding payment up front, and are arena owners now also doing so?
eResist on X: "@sandibachom Yep. Here’s a handy map. (pic link)" / X
Where the Trump campaign has outstanding bills
Center for Public Integrity, news reports
  • Spokane, Wash. $65,000 May 2016
  • Burlington, Vt. $8,000 Jan. 2016
  • Minneapolis $530,000 Oct. 2019
  • Green Bay, Wis. $9,000 Aug. 2016
  • Billings, Mont. $43,000 Sept. 2018
  • Eau Claire, Wis. $47,000 April 2016
  • Erie, Pa. $35,000 Oct. 2018
  • Lebanon, Ohio $16,000 Oct. 2018
  • Mesa. Ariz. $64,000 Oct. 2018
  • Albuquerque $211,000 Oct. 2019
  • Tucson, Ariz. $82,000 March 2016
  • EI Paso $569,000 Feb. 2019
Trump's next rally is going to be in Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI.

“And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside,” she told the outlet.

The local police had responsibility for that building. A local cop followed the shooter up the ladder and retreated when the shooter pointed his weapon at him.

WaPo had a 3D diagram of the site. The SS sharpshooters were stationed on the buildings to Trump's left. The view of the building the shooter was on was obstructed by trees between the SS to the left of Trump and the shooter.

The local police had responsibility for that building. A local cop followed the shooter up the ladder and retreated when the shooter pointed his weapon at him.

WaPo had a 3D diagram of the site. The SS sharpshooters were stationed on the buildings to Trump's left. The view of the building the shooter was on was obstructed by trees between the SS to the left of Trump and the shooter.
In general, this isn't an uncommon for a head to resign, though I think a full accounting is needed first. A great deal of finger pointing at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom