• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

Does this make sense to anyone? I've been on a shit ton of roofs, (both high and low slope) and the roof the sniper was on was on the low slope side, for sure. The sniper was able to get on it easily enough and set up a rifle, but it was "too scary" for the SS?

Secret Service boss blames ‘sloped roof’ for not putting sniper team on building used by would-be Trump assassin
My thought was "metal roof" in near 90 degree weather would have been more of an issue than it being sloped. It was a relatively gentle slope. There are a lot of shortcomings here, which again, I think is the results of Secret Service not needing to shield a President or former President from bullets in two generations.

I think they'll be looking at security details at other sites in the run up to this and similar security shortfalls will be noted, but it wasn't an issue because there wasn't a sniper.
A hot roof would indeed be uncomfortable, but somehow roofers manage to do their jobs in the hot summer sun every day. Why couldn't the SS bring insulating pads or protective gear to avoid getting a burn?

Come to think of it, this might be a golden opportunity for Mike Lindell. He could make a line of special SS protective gear for hot roofs. Like My Knee Pads, My Elbow Pads, My Thermal Blanket, My Sun Hat, etc. Trump might even give him a sole source, no-bid contract. :)

Let's look at three examples. The shooting of the Republicans playing baseball and the Trump assassination attempt was not brought on by rhetoric of the left. Trump's rhetoric directly led to January 6th riot at the US Capitol.
You claim Trump's rhetoric has the magical ability to cause a storming of the Capitol and his own almost assassination i.e. his words have consequences, but the left's rhetoric has no magical ability at all and has no consequences>

Let's see if I have this correct
1. Trump speaks - something bad (sic) happens - Trumps fault
2. Left speaks - something bad (sic) happens - Trump's fault

Do I have that correct?

Let's see if I have this correct- you're seriously questioning whether a leader's rheroric can have influence on their followers? This is just a ridiculous thing to doubt.
No I don't doubt that a leaders's rhetoric can influence their followers. That much is obvious and well known.
From the imformation we get it Aust. it seems that Trump is blamed fro all manner of things. He is accused of saying/being all manner of evil and is held to account for it. Yet Biden can describe Trump as being in the 'bullseye' and it barely rates a mention. I can imagine the uproar if Trump had said that about Biden. He would be accused of inciting his followers. The accusation of incitement only seems to go one way - towards Trump.
I'm moving to where you live. Sky News, the Telly, Australian and SMH won't shut the fuck up about Biden's poor choice of words.

Let's look at three examples. The shooting of the Republicans playing baseball and the Trump assassination attempt was not brought on by rhetoric of the left. Trump's rhetoric directly led to January 6th riot at the US Capitol.
You claim Trump's rhetoric has the magical ability to cause a storming of the Capitol and his own almost assassination i.e. his words have consequences, but the left's rhetoric has no magical ability at all and has no consequences>

Let's see if I have this correct
1. Trump speaks - something bad (sic) happens - Trumps fault
2. Left speaks - something bad (sic) happens - Trump's fault

Do I have that correct?

Let's see if I have this correct- you're seriously questioning whether a leader's rheroric can have influence on their followers? This is just a ridiculous thing to doubt.
No I don't doubt that a leaders's rhetoric can influence their followers. That much is obvious and well known.
From the imformation we get it Aust. it seems that Trump is blamed fro all manner of things. He is accused of saying/being all manner of evil and is held to account for it. Yet Biden can describe Trump as being in the 'bullseye' and it barely rates a mention. I can imagine the uproar if Trump had said that about Biden. He would be accused of inciting his followers. The accusation of incitement only seems to go one way - towards Trump.
This tells me you are a Trump supporter without saying it. Of course being in Australia you don't have to live with the consequences.

The shooter didn't like Trump or Biden, but he was conservative. Most recent searches on his electronics show he was looking into the DNC convention and Trump's rally.

Even more, he wanted to be a famous assassin...probably because he sucked at shooting and everyone bullied him.

On Steam, he posted about it...

I've heard that was a hoax.

Does this make sense to anyone? I've been on a shit ton of roofs, (both high and low slope) and the roof the sniper was on was on the low slope side, for sure. The sniper was able to get on it easily enough and set up a rifle, but it was "too scary" for the SS?

Secret Service boss blames ‘sloped roof’ for not putting sniper team on building used by would-be Trump assassin
My thought was "metal roof" in near 90 degree weather would have been more of an issue than it being sloped. It was a relatively gentle slope. There are a lot of shortcomings here, which again, I think is the results of Secret Service not needing to shield a President or former President from bullets in two generations.

I think they'll be looking at security details at other sites in the run up to this and similar security shortfalls will be noted, but it wasn't an issue because there wasn't a sniper.
A hot roof would indeed be uncomfortable, but somehow roofers manage to do their jobs in the hot summer sun every day. Why couldn't the SS bring insulating pads or protective gear to avoid getting a burn?

Come to think of it, this might be a golden opportunity for Mike Lindell. He could make a line of special SS protective gear for hot roofs. Like My Knee Pads, My Elbow Pads, My Thermal Blanket, My Sun Hat, etc. Trump might even give him a sole source, no-bid contract. :)
You know, the sniper could use it too. Pic of the dead body covered in Mike Lindell products on the cover of the NY Daily News.

Back
Top Bottom