• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump files motion to argue his case to SC

Irrespective of merit? If that isn't the mother of all asterisks.

Person A: Trump's lawsuits are frivolous and without merit!
Person B: Why can't Trump file a lawsuit, regardless if it is frivolous and without merit?

Let's put Trausti's quote into its honest context.

Filing a frivolous lawsuit is not illegal. No one goes to jail for that. The court just dismisses it. Maybe the opposing party gets fees.

Otherwise legal actions done to further an illegal action are themselves illegal.

I don't understand how they want to change it. Do they not want a democracy?

I mean, I know they don't actually want democracy. They're a social dominance cult. They absolutely do not want everyone to have an equal right to vote. But obviously they are telling themselves a different story that only appears to be one that supports democratic values. I'm just not sure what that story is that they think is so convincing.

Maybe they want something like China has. Where Hong Kong could vote for anyone they like, as long as all candidates are approved by the government beforehand.

parador.jpg

Irrespective of merit? If that isn't the mother of all asterisks.

Person A: Trump's lawsuits are frivolous and without merit!
Person B: Why can't Trump file a lawsuit, regardless if it is frivolous and without merit?

Let's put Trausti's quote into its honest context.
Filing a frivolous lawsuit is not illegal.
Well, I'm glad you agree they are frivolous and meritless. That is the first step to recovery.

Also not illegal: undermining confidence in the fairness of your country's elections. It's not illegal -- it's just unthinkably unpatriotic, shameful, ignorant, and to be despised. A party that takes this route should pay a steep price.

So for the people yapping “not my president” for the last four years, sedition? While it may offend Zippy’s authoritarian urges, filing a lawsuit is NOT an illegal act. Even if the lawsuit is frivolous.

Which president are you referring to that said "not my president"? We are talking about the president of the United States here; he's not only a citizen. And which Citizen(s) filed law suits to overturn an election beyond requesting recounts anyway? I'm not sure what you're basing your comparison on.

On what basis is Trump precluded from filing a lawsuit? (Irrespective of merit.). Don’t hand wave or use ad hominem. Being president doesn’t mean he loses his rights as a citizen or political candidate.

The issue is, as they say in court, moot. Anyone is this country can file a lawsuit in any court. What happens then depends upon the Judge. Over the past 200 years, courts have developed a set of rules in order to reduce the chaos.

The only case the Supreme Court will hear from a direct brief is a dispute between two states. Everybody else starts at the lower courts and is free to appeal the ruling, if the next higher court will consider the case.

When Trump said he was going to "intervene" in the Texas case, it means he would become the plaintiff. This also means the case has to start in the lower courts, which have already dismissed all of the Texas arguments. The Supreme Court declined to hear the Texas suit because they said Texas was asking the Court to judge matters of law in other states, which is something about which Texas has no concern.

On what basis is Trump precluded from filing a lawsuit? (Irrespective of merit.). Don’t hand wave or use ad hominem. Being president doesn’t mean he loses his rights as a citizen or political candidate.

On what basis is Trump precluded from nuking Iran, declaring martial law and ordering the military to arrest Joe Biden and all the democrats in congress who have opposed him?
Being a citizen doesn't mean he loses all his powers as President!
</RW Stoopid>

You forgot to answer, Trumsti.

On what basis is Trump precluded from nuking Iran, declaring martial law and ordering the military to arrest Joe Biden and all the democrats in congress who have opposed him?
Being a citizen doesn't mean he loses all his powers as President!
</RW Stoopid>

You forgot to answer, Trumsti.

Virtually any act is acceptable when your conscience is subsumed to the trump cult.

For your edification, from Legal Eagle.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MyImeCKlk[/YOUTUBE]

I just watched the vid (up to minute 26, where he's pitching his services). Breathless delivery but he did a good summary, so far as I understand the suit. When he said, toward the end, that Texas et al had the right to file, but we have the right to judge those who file, he didn't offer a judgment of Trump in all this. My bet is that Trump's legal team told him that the Texas suit would never be heard, could not possibly win if it was heard, and that he pushed it anyway, to have something to scream about. In Trump's head, he made some gains from all this, while screwing democracy and flipping off the Constitution:
1) People are talking about ME, not Sleepy Joe. They can't turn me off, they're going to hear ME and MY version of what happened on Nov. 3.
2) My followers haven't licked their wounds and gone into a sullen silence. We're not hibernating, we're out in the streets, baby! This tells me that:
3) I've got my script ready for RALLIES....RALLIES....RALLIES!! I can do rallies starting in January! I'll announce that I'm running in '24, and we got gas in the car, money coming in, angry crowds, and I've got the red meat to throw to those crowds!! I'LL shape the news, I'LL be the story, they can't ignore ME because I'M running the frigging GOP!!! Kiss my ass, Democrats! Blow me, Supreme Court! C'mere, Constitution, I'm gonna wipe my behind with you! Make America Trump Again!

Back
Top Bottom