• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump is a Russian proxy

Trausti already provided a neat example of cartoonish simpletonism
This whole thread is an example of simpletonism (if that's a word). That the Hilary Clinton campaign made up the Russia collusion hoax is kinda established fact now. But we can trust the NPCs, like bilby, to reliably chant absurdities.
Wow. Even for you.
No. Just typical for him. Trausti has spewed this bullshit many many times before, and has been shown a plethora of evidence many many times before and will still say the exact same horseshit. I don't know whether someone has to be a lying cunt, a dumb cunt or a hyper partisan cunt to still believe in 2022 that Russia was just a hoax after all the guilty pleas, guilty verdicts, sentencing and asset forfeiture, but it is most definitely a bullshit take that has no basis in reality.
I think the refusal to acknowledge of Russian involvement is simply a symptom of deep TDS.
Russia has been meddling in US politics since, perhaps, 1917. But there is nothing, nothing, despite all the money and investigations, tying Donald Trump as colluding with Russia. That you still hold on to this like a homesick abortion shows just how crazily effective the propaganda was.
I suppose that one could argue that collusion means conscious awareness that one is working in consort with another entity. I don’t think that Trump consciously works for anyone’s benefit except his own. I’m certain he thought he was being very clever and getting a lot from Putin.
The only things Trump wanted from Putin was a warm smile, a pat on the head, and maybe a treat. Putin has given us a clear view Trump's sociopathic amorality. Putin has the two thing which Trump values, money and power. For Donald Trump, stolen money and power expressed by threat of murder is as good as any, maybe better because he prefers being feared to being loved.

When Trump and Putin are compared, one thing which separates the two is Putin's wealth has steadily increased, while the Trump family fortune has steadily declined. Of course, one's portfolio is going to increase when you can buy huge government enterprises for kopeks on the ruble. That opportunity doesn't play out in the US, so the best Trump could do was syphon campaign contributions to pay the interest on his mortgaged properties.

The real distinction between Trump and Putin is, Putin is sociopathic amoral and Trump is sociopathic stupid. This means Putin attracts the sociopathic and the amoral, with most of them being a mix of the two. Trump attracts the sociopathic and the stupid, with less of a mixing. The stupid are the ones who stormed the Capitol, thinking it was the right thing to do. The sociopathic are the ones who stood off to the side and told them it was a good idea.
Funny! However, I don't think that Putin is all that smart either. Putin dramatically (and I mean dramatically) underestimated Ukraine. He's united Nato and the west unlike any politician has ever been able to do. He's turned most of the world against Russia.

I don't think that Putin is all that smart either. Putin dramatically (and I mean dramatically) underestimated Ukraine.

I believe he’s getting stupider by the day, continuing a process that began some 30 years ago. Since in power he has started believing his own propaganda, and has isolated himself from his own populace, his advisors and his staff. Now he is pig ignorant of what goes on beyond his sight, as nobody is telling him the truth. As he ages, his paranoia will grow in inverse proportion to his mental faculties.

I am coming to the opinion that he will start a nuclear war if left to his own devices. Right now he is preparing for it. It would be most propitious to take him out now, before those preparations make him totally comfortable with destroying the world.

This whole thread is an example of simpletonism (if that's a word). That the Hilary Clinton campaign made up the Russia collusion hoax is kinda established fact now. But we can trust the NPCs, like bilby, to reliably chant absurdities.
Wow. Even for you.
No. Just typical for him. Trausti has spewed this bullshit many many times before, and has been shown a plethora of evidence many many times before and will still say the exact same horseshit. I don't know whether someone has to be a lying cunt, a dumb cunt or a hyper partisan cunt to still believe in 2022 that Russia was just a hoax after all the guilty pleas, guilty verdicts, sentencing and asset forfeiture, but it is most definitely a bullshit take that has no basis in reality.
I think the refusal to acknowledge of Russian involvement is simply a symptom of deep TDS.
Russia has been meddling in US politics since, perhaps, 1917. But there is nothing, nothing, despite all the money and investigations, tying Donald Trump as colluding with Russia. That you still hold on to this like a homesick abortion shows just how crazily effective the propaganda was.
I suppose that one could argue that collusion means conscious awareness that one is working in consort with another entity. I don’t think that Trump consciously works for anyone’s benefit except his own. I’m certain he thought he was being very clever and getting a lot from Putin.
The only things Trump wanted from Putin was a warm smile, a pat on the head, and maybe a treat. Putin has given us a clear view Trump's sociopathic amorality. Putin has the two thing which Trump values, money and power. For Donald Trump, stolen money and power expressed by threat of murder is as good as any, maybe better because he prefers being feared to being loved.

When Trump and Putin are compared, one thing which separates the two is Putin's wealth has steadily increased, while the Trump family fortune has steadily declined. Of course, one's portfolio is going to increase when you can buy huge government enterprises for kopeks on the ruble. That opportunity doesn't play out in the US, so the best Trump could do was syphon campaign contributions to pay the interest on his mortgaged properties.

The real distinction between Trump and Putin is, Putin is sociopathic amoral and Trump is sociopathic stupid. This means Putin attracts the sociopathic and the amoral, with most of them being a mix of the two. Trump attracts the sociopathic and the stupid, with less of a mixing. The stupid are the ones who stormed the Capitol, thinking it was the right thing to do. The sociopathic are the ones who stood off to the side and told them it was a good idea.
Funny! However, I don't think that Putin is all that smart either. Putin dramatically (and I mean dramatically) underestimated Ukraine. He's united Nato and the west unlike any politician has ever been able to do. He's turned most of the world against Russia.
One of the problems of being sociopathic amoral is the more powerful one becomes, information becomes less reliable. When Putin was a KGB officer, he dealt in reliable facts. He could observe from a distance and make a rational decision which benefited him most.

He's lost that. I doubt there is a single military officer in the US who wouldn't tell Joe Biden, "Mr. President, that's a crazy idea that will get a lot of people killed and accomplish nothing."

Putin looks stupid to the outside, but he managed to take a fragile democracy and turn it into a kleptocracy. Like all successful thieves, Putin has faced the reality that stolen goods are a renewable resource which can be over harvested. He needs fresh fields.

The downfall of most amoral sociopaths comes when they make the "What's the worst that could happen?" calculation with faulty information.

Putin looks stupid to the outside, but he managed to take a fragile democracy and turn it into a kleptocracy.

That’s very true, but doing that is a downhill run. Easier to tear down a house than to build one. Even Trump managed to do as much of that kind of damage in four years as Putin usually does in a similar amount of time. I wouldn’t credit any great intelligence, just vast cunning and utter lack of empathy.

Putin looks stupid to the outside, but he managed to take a fragile democracy and turn it into a kleptocracy.

That’s very true, but doing that is a downhill run. Easier to tear down a house than to build one. Even Trump managed to do as much of that kind of damage in four years as Putin usually does in a similar amount of time. I wouldn’t credit any great intelligence, just vast cunning and utter lack of empathy.
As the words Robert Graves put in the mouth of Claudus in I Claudius, "I maybe a half wit, but I managed to keep my head while all around me were losing theirs, with their wits intact."

It's no loss to credit Putin with great intelligence, whether you call it "vast cunning and utter lack of empathy," or something else. He accomplished what he set out to do. After the collapse of the KGB, he took a job driving a cab, which must have been a low point in his career. He managed to get a job in the Yeltsin administration and slowly consolidated power. Apparently being an amoral sociopath is an advantage, but some amount of basic intelligence is required to keep your head in the beginning. I'm sure that's still his most pressing need at the moment. Putin has placed himself in a "win or die" situation. If he survives the next few months(hours, days, weeks?), he will certainly spend the rest of his life in prison. Making poor decisions is not always a sign of low intelligence. There are plenty of smart people who manage to fuck up royally.

I did not mean to put him in the same IQ range as Trump; he clearly is not. But I think he has accumulated a deficit of information over the years and is also experiencing age related decline in both processing power and fucks to give about anything.
He is uniquely dangerous.

Conclusive proof has not been reported, but it seems likely Trump's fainces were propped up with Russian money. American banks woud not give him loans. Ot seems clear Russians laundered money by buying Trump properties in cash below market value..

It relly seems Putin has something on Trump. Could be sex video in Moscow. A 'honey trap' would be inline with Putin's KGB Cold War background.

Trump is more of a shill than a proxy, praising the virtues of Putin.

Pretty much this.

Putin got what he wanted by helping Trump get elected. Trump is what used to be known as "A useful idiot".

Trump helped Putin weaken NATO. Trump helped Putin weaken the USA. Putin is now capitalizing on his investment in Trump.
Tom

ETA ~Putin hit the global power jackpot by backing a self indulgent Teaparty billionaire for POTUS.~

Wow. Even for you.
Russia has been meddling in US politics since, perhaps, 1917.
And yet you feel the need to deny Russia was meddling this time? That just shows the desperation of Trump supporters.
But there is nothing, nothing, despite all the money and investigations, tying Donald Trump as colluding with Russia. That you still hold on to this like a homesick abortion shows just how crazily effective the propaganda was.
Shift the goal post much? Russia's meddling in the election does not require collusion on anyone's part. However, there is plenty of evidence that the Trump campaign did collude with Russia-Trump campaign colludes with Russia . It is delusion to think there was no collusion.

All of which points to overwhelming TDS as the cause of such persistent delusional thinking.

Back
Top Bottom