• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump is not a racist

The problem is that he said he does't want anyone from an almost entirely black country and instead wants anyone from the whitest nation on the planet, without any reference to how competent and qualified those individuals actually are. That is the definition of racism.

No, that is not the definition of racism. It could be about wealth and education level. The black country is poor and uneducated and the white one is rich and highly educated. I do agree that this is a pretty big hint that Trump is racist, but it isn't the smoking gun that Democrats claim it to be. I would personally like to see where Trump says the UAE, China, and Japan fit into this, since they are rich, educated and very non-white.

Comically, his racist defenders are contrasting Haiti to the Dominican Republic to show what a shithole Haiti is. Then why didn't Trump say he wanted DR immigrants instead. Why did he use the whitest nation in the world.

Because he had just met with the Norweigan prime minister. That's not a stretch at all. No it doesn't mean he is for sure racist.

Conflating race with other things (economic status and education level are big ones) is an obsession of Democrats, as is labelling people as racist deplorables, so we really can't rely on clear thinking here.

The problem is that he said he does't want anyone from an almost entirely black country and instead wants anyone from the whitest nation on the planet, without any reference to how competent and qualified those individuals actually are. That is the definition of racism.

No, that is not the definition of racism. It could be about wealth and education level. The black country is poor and uneducated and the white one is rich and highly educated. I do agree that this is a pretty big hint that Trump is racist, but it isn't the smoking gun that Democrats claim it to be. I would personally like to see where Trump says the UAE, China, and Japan fit into this, since they are rich, educated and very non-white.

You seem to be under the misimpression that racist whites must think all other races are inferior or dramatically inferior. Hitler's Nazis called the Japanese Yellow Aryans to give you a clue.

In any case, does it even matter? If Trump is such a douche that he won't accept immigrants from any country perceived as medium to dark skinned, he's practically a racist. Though I do think it must get tiresome for apologists and I wrote this before... you know...let's ban all the middle eastern countries because terrorism, Latin America because they send us criminals and rapists...haiti and all African countries because they're shitholes...each comment actually not making logical sense. How many coincidences until you make a statistical inference about this JP?

I am a highly intelligent person and financially successful. I care about the Haitian people.
Great! You can send your money to Haiti and make life great for them. You do send your money there don’t you?

I think something should be done to help them. Such strategy ought to be international with a strong US lead that the world can trust
Sounds good as long as it’s privately funded.

In any case, some combination of immigration and helping Haiti to rebuild ought to occur.
Awesome! You can immigrate yourself there and help them rebuild. Bring your friends and family with you.

Some combination of private charities, govt help, immigration etc.
Private charities are fine but no government help. Immigration is out of the question unless it’s you going there.

A blanket denial of Haitians is retarded.
If they score a 110 IQ then it’s fine to let a few come here. Leave the retards there.

When I worked as a dishwasher, while pulling myself up by my own bootstraps, I worked with some Haitians. Their English and learned capacity to think abstractly was not like mine
I am not surprised. They don’t possess much abstract reasoning abilities.

but they were extremely hard workers, grateful and appreciative of their jobs and America.
I would prefer automation.

Haitian culture also takes family and the elderly very seriously. They would generally send money home to assist.
Do them a favor and just send them your money so they can stay home and have that quality family time.

Not that every Haitian ought to be a dishwasher, but instead that Haitians can add value in short term and long-term to the US while simultaneously, helping with their current crisis. I see some value but no great argument against it.

They don’t offer the US anything but problems.

Why is anybody buying into the premise of Kusa's eugenicist immigration policy?

Great! You can send your money to Haiti and make life great for them. You do send your money there don’t you?

Sounds good as long as it’s privately funded.

In any case, some combination of immigration and helping Haiti to rebuild ought to occur.
Awesome! You can immigrate yourself there and help them rebuild. Bring your friends and family with you.

Some combination of private charities, govt help, immigration etc.
Private charities are fine but no government help. Immigration is out of the question unless it’s you going there.

A blanket denial of Haitians is retarded.
If they score a 110 IQ then it’s fine to let a few come here. Leave the retards there.

When I worked as a dishwasher, while pulling myself up by my own bootstraps, I worked with some Haitians. Their English and learned capacity to think abstractly was not like mine
I am not surprised. They don’t possess much abstract reasoning abilities.

but they were extremely hard workers, grateful and appreciative of their jobs and America.
I would prefer automation.

Haitian culture also takes family and the elderly very seriously. They would generally send money home to assist.
Do them a favor and just send them your money so they can stay home and have that quality family time.

Not that every Haitian ought to be a dishwasher, but instead that Haitians can add value in short term and long-term to the US while simultaneously, helping with their current crisis. I see some value but no great argument against it.

They don’t offer the US anything but problems.

What idiotic comments. Haitian immigrants produce value for the whole society, not to mention theirs which obviously you don't give a shit about. Let's drop your hateful deprioritization of Haitians and realize that a diversified workforce from immigration is helpful to society. You may not want to live next to people you presume are stupid but again, they wont go to Deliverance, North Carolina and you already have dumb people in your town. It isn't in your personal interest either to allow the existence of failed states. It is immoral for our national policy to let them become pillagers and pirates, the next step for their survival like Somalia, and then demolish them for it. A compassionate national security policy toward Haiti is moral and rational.

There are smart people from all countries but looking at the average, Haiti leaves much to be desired.

c49492cc47316a20ee5625a6dc2ff7e3.jpg

6d0334060315ce0458f3fb879aca5db5.jpg

Eh. That article is a well know disaster: Lynn cherry picked which results to include in that literature search.

You seem to be under the misimpression that racist whites must think all other races are inferior or dramatically inferior. Hitler's Nazis called the Japanese Yellow Aryans to give you a clue.

In any case, does it even matter? If Trump is such a douche that he won't accept immigrants from any country perceived as medium to dark skinned, he's practically a racist. Though I do think it must get tiresome for apologists and I wrote this before... you know...let's ban all the middle eastern countries because terrorism, Latin America because they send us criminals and rapists...haiti and all African countries because they're shitholes...each comment actually not making logical sense. How many coincidences until you make a statistical inference about this JP?

This guy is Honorary for sure

They're on CNN talking about him being a racist.

Maybe he is; maybe he isn't, but him saying what he did could not be considered racist without an extraordinary contorted misinterpretation of the words he used. To me, the issue of whether he's a racist or not becomes immediately side-lined by the tremendously more curious issue of why people (in droves even) clamor to tag along with the convoluted disingenuous narrative that he's a racist given the ever-clear grasp that what he said cannot possibly be regarded as racist by anyone being sensible.

Was Trump's father a racist? What does Trump think about his father? Where does racism come from?

It is immoral for our national policy to let them become pillagers and pirates, the next step for their survival like Somalia, and then demolish them for it.

It is not our responsibility to do anything for them. They can wash dishes in Haiti.

It is immoral for our national policy to let them become pillagers and pirates, the next step for their survival like Somalia, and then demolish them for it.

It is not our responsibility to do anything for them.

Well, yeah, it's the world's responsibility, but I let you have that one and posed a different self-interested argument for you that it is in our national security interest to help them as well. It is not in our national security interest to have a failed state so close by. Letting them become pillagers and pirates to survive and then shooting and then bombing them as a result isn't going to help us on the right path. It will also hurt our reputation further.

Kusa said:
They can wash dishes in Haiti.

As I wrote before, not every Haitian ought to be a dishwasher. There are other capabilities of Haitians and other jobs they could do. It doesn't really make sense to only let in PhDs and no one else, though there are some Haitians with PhDs. As I wrote before, it also wouldn't make sense to solely rely upon immigration to solve this problem. Some mixture of private charities, govt help, and international cooperation are needed to assist Haitians to rebuild their country into a sustainable, free-standing contributor to the world economy with local economic growth for Haitian individuals.

"Trump is not a racist"

...and the Pope ain't Catholic.

So trying to find a source for this

c01f524cf3366f671e1b18e62ccc5a96b77f972527edc6c59584432ce3b02257.jpg

guy is a member of redneck revolt.

This is turning into 1930s Spain...

[video]https://hooktube.com/watch?v=CywFbSdMVx0[/video]

Adopt some Haitians, ensure they assimilate to our culture with literacy and abstract thinking. Two generations later their descendants will be just as smart as others.

I have a better idea. Why don’t you adopt them? I don’t want to endure 2 generations of retards.

What a hateful, weird post. That was a hypothetical. Wow, how bizarre!

Anyway, Haitians are of African descent, and will assimilate to different thinking styles as much as other African Americans who are higher in IQ, showing that there are other reasons for the difference. Of course when people such as yourself have low expectations and others abuse, it also affects the outcomes.

Indeed, everyone knows that the actual cutoff point is *three* generations of imbeciles retards.

In any case, we know already that IQ is heavily influenced by environment - pollution, diet, and education all play roles. Seems absurd, then, to claim that immigrants, who generally go through rigorous screening, must be unintelligent - and given the US' role in holding back countries like Haiti, it turns into outright malice.

No, that is not the definition of racism. It could be about wealth and education level.

No, it couldn't about those things. If it was, then he would have simply said, "We want wealthy, educated immigrants.", without reference to country, let alone without using a 94% white country as a contrast to a 2% white country.
Countries do not immigrate, people do. So, things like nation level GDP and education are irrelevant. Both Norway and the various non-white "shitholes" Trump referred to have wide variance in how educated and wealthy people are, and it is mostly the less wealthy Norwegians wanting to immigrate to the US. Allow a random Norwegian rather than a random "shithole" resident to immigrate and you will sometimes get a less educated or less wealthy immigrant. The only thing you are almost certain to get with that policy is a white immigrant rather than a black one. Thus, the sole motive for such a policy would be to ensure the race of the immigrant.

Also, there are a number of countries with higher average wealth or education than Norway. But those superior countries have few whites, except for Luxembourg, which is still far more racially mixed and about 30% "swarthy" compared to Norway.

Conflating race with other things (economic status and education level are big ones) is an obsession of Democrats, as is labelling people as racist deplorables, so we really can't rely on clear thinking here.

Conflating nation-level averages with what is true of individuals is an obsession of conservatives and most "libertarians", because it allows them to mask their racist beliefs with bullshit about "education", "ability", or "income".
Yes, sometimes Dems take comments about individuals and turn them into strawmen assertions about whole groups, thereby making the speaker racist. This is not one of those times. This time the racist made a clear statement about entire groups that differ from each other far more by race than any other variable, and called one group "shitholes" who he didn't want in his country.

It is the definition of a smoking gun. Maybe its not analogous to directly seeing a person shoot another. But it is very equivalent to hearing a shot, running into the room and seeing a person standing over another's dead body with a smoking gun. Sure, there are far less plausible convoluted excuses that have a 1 in a million chance to be true, but any rational person would find that alone sufficient evidence to conclude he shot them. And in this case, with Trump countless other acts of racism, it is like the guy with the smoking gun has been found near countless murdered people before.

Back
Top Bottom