• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Just Secured His Re-Election! Mexico Caved!

Trump Mexico tariff 20190611.jpg

:lol:

Trump has proved you can fool some of the people all the time.

It's probably going to be something great but I can guarantee you that no matter what it is, you guys will crap all over it.

So, toilet paper.

7FWjDROP_400x400.jpg

View attachment 21908

Yes, Trump said there is a secret part of the deal and he will reveal it at a later date. It's probably going to be something great but I can guarantee you that no matter what it is, you guys will crap all over it.

Ya, that's what I want from my government....
IRS guy - "Maybe you think you paid your taxes.. but wait, there's more!"
Cop pulls you over - "I'm not telling you what you are being arrested for.... that's for the BIG REVEAL at your hearing"!

Anyone that actually wants to live their lives like they were a contestant on a game show is a fucking dipshit moron that deserves their life to fall into ruin.
Game show.... fucking shithead game show.

It's probably going to be something great but I can guarantee you that no matter what it is, you guys will crap all over it.

So, toilet paper.
Anyone see that episode of The Office, where the idiot boss promised a big surprise bonus later that day, then spent the day desperately trying to invent the big bonus?
A half-hour of a bad liar trying to bolster his lie, every idea failing, trying to convince himself that his non-existent ad lib skills would kick in at the last minute...

I can't quite remember how that episode ended. I remember the build up, the doubling-down, the stupid... But just can't bring to mind what the big bonus surprise turned out to be...

The New York Times bashes conservatives and censors free speech by conservatives. Why would we respect those bigots?
Proving once again that you don't understand what free speech is.
One more thing on the long list of things he* doesn't understand.

*Assuming it's not a bot of some kind.

So, all the conservatives complaining about being silenced and all the youtube comments that are complaining about it are all wrong? Conservatives get banned from speaking at colleges. BANNED from SPEAKING. Can't you see how totalitarian that is? Hitler wouldn't let people speak either. Why do you think the right is getting fed up and saying the left is starting to resemble Nazi Germany?

So, toilet paper.
Anyone see that episode of The Office, where the idiot boss promised a big surprise bonus later that day, then spent the day desperately trying to invent the big bonus?
A half-hour of a bad liar trying to bolster his lie, every idea failing, trying to convince himself that his non-existent ad lib skills would kick in at the last minute...

I can't quite remember how that episode ended. I remember the build up, the doubling-down, the stupid... But just can't bring to mind what the big bonus surprise turned out to be...

IIRC, everyone just walked out on him in the end with disgusted looks on their faces, and then showed up for work the next day like nothing happened.

View attachment 21908

Yes, Trump said there is a secret part of the deal and he will reveal it at a later date. It's probably going to be something great but I can guarantee you that no matter what it is, you guys will crap all over it.

Ya, that's what I want from my government....
IRS guy - "Maybe you think you paid your taxes.. but wait, there's more!"
Cop pulls you over - "I'm not telling you what you are being arrested for.... that's for the BIG REVEAL at your hearing"!

Anyone that actually wants to live their lives like they were a contestant on a game show is a fucking dipshit moron that deserves their life to fall into ruin.
Game show.... fucking shithead game show.

We'll see what the reason he has for waiting. It could be huge news. Maybe Mexico told him not to reveal it yet. Don't jump to conclusions based on your irrational TDS.

Ah, but the Trumpers will say "that's the failing New York Times. Fake news!"

The New York Times bashes conservatives and censors free speech by conservatives. Why would we respect those bigots?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_332hSuSiU[/YOUTUBE]

Of course, the Times bashes conservatives. And it isn't that the Times censures conservatives so much as they ignore them, as they should and as we all should.

Facts are brutal to conservatives. That is why conservatives are comforted by Trump's reality-denying lies, which are ultimately many of the same lies dreamed up by Fox News to provide fig leaf cover for the rather ridiculous positions conservatives are forced to take to hide their unsavory biases and bigotry and to explain their dedication to increasing the incomes of the already rich at the expense of everyone else.

I should update and publish my thread of "lies that conservatives believe". I think that the list was last updated in the earliest days of the Obama administration, so early that Obama wasn't born in the US wasn't included but death panels are. It would be a walk down memory lane for you I suspect. There are about 140 lies included from such good conservatives as Nixon, Reagan, 2X Bush, Beck, O'Reilly, Will, Kristal, Laffer, Hayek, Rothbard, Friedman, Bernanke, Dole, and our own band of conservatives here... Trump would present such a bounty of lies that it could reasonably be reduced to everything that he says.

As a comparasion, "my lies that liberals believe" has only about 40 in it and lies that both liberals and conservatives believe in is about twenty only, (not a separate list, marked in the two lists.)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJHdJToFsdM[/YOUTUBE]

Comments are also overwhelmingly in support of Trump.

Does this make you guys mad?

Of course, the Times bashes conservatives. And it isn't that the Times censures conservatives so much as they ignore them, as they should and as we all should.

Facts are brutal to conservatives. That is why conservatives are comforted by Trump's reality-denying lies, which are ultimately many of the same lies dreamed up by Fox News to provide fig leaf cover for the rather ridiculous positions conservatives are forced to take to hide their unsavory biases and bigotry and to explain their dedication to increasing the incomes of the already rich at the expense of everyone else.

I should update and publish my thread of "lies that conservatives believe". I think that the list was last updated in the earliest days of the Obama administration, so early that Obama wasn't born in the US wasn't included but death panels are. It would be a walk down memory lane for you I suspect. There are about 140 lies included from such good conservatives as Nixon, Reagan, 2X Bush, Beck, O'Reilly, Will, Kristal, Laffer, Hayek, Rothbard, Friedman, Bernanke, Dole, and our own band of conservatives here... Trump would present such a bounty of lies that it could reasonably be reduced to everything that he says.

As a comparasion, "my lies that liberals believe" has only about 40 in it and lies that both liberals and conservatives believe in is about twenty only, (not a separate list, marked in the two lists.)

Ignore conservatives? What happened to open discussion in the marketplace of ideas? When these people "silence" conservatives, they are sending a message to conservatives that it looks like they are scared of the conservative ideas so they have to silence them. This in turn makes the conservative movement grow because people wonder "why don't they want us listening to conservatives?"

You can say it's because conservatives have dumb ideas. But, conservatives say the same thing about liberals. They bash AOC's ideas all the time but they don't call for her to be silenced. That's the difference. This "crackdown on free speech against conservatives" is only going to make conservatism stronger.

One more thing on the long list of things he* doesn't understand.

*Assuming it's not a bot of some kind.

So, all the conservatives complaining about being silenced and all the youtube comments that are complaining about it are all wrong? Conservatives get banned from speaking at colleges. BANNED from SPEAKING. Can't you see how totalitarian that is? Hitler wouldn't let people speak either. Why do you think the right is getting fed up and saying the left is starting to resemble Nazi Germany?
Hitler was the head of the German gov't. Colleges and youtube are not the govt. And if these people's speech was truly censored, there is no way you would know they had been denied any access (assuming that they have been denied access).

Ignore conservatives? What happened to open discussion in the marketplace of ideas? When these people "silence" conservatives, they are sending a message to conservatives that it looks like they are scared of the conservative ideas so they have to silence them. This in turn makes the conservative movement grow because people wonder "why don't they want us listening to conservatives?"

You can say it's because conservatives have dumb ideas. But, conservatives say the same thing about liberals. They bash AOC's ideas all the time but they don't call for her to be silenced. That's the difference. This "crackdown on free speech against conservatives" is only going to make conservatism stronger.

It is considered good form to address what I said when you quote me or anyone else here. I noticed that this something you don't do and thought that maybe it is something you weren't aware of.

I didn't say that conservatives have dumb ideas, I said that conservatives have to lie to us and presumably to themselves to cover up the truly terrible reasons that they propose their ideas.

Take your current thread here. The border wall and the crackdown on the families seeking amnesty from the chaos largely in Central America. This idea of conservatives is based on the lies that these people are rapists, drug dealers, and terrorists who will increase the crime rate in the US and somewhat confusingly, that these criminals steal jobs from Americans, presumably, American criminals, although this is never clarified.

That these are lies is not in dispute. Immigrants as a group have a much lower crime rate as the native population and therefore they lower the crime rate in the country. The claim that the amnesty families are criminals seems to be based on them immigrating illegally when they step over the line on the bridge from Mexico. But this interpretation hasn't been tested in court and there is little chance that it would stand up in court as a reason to jail the family considering that the crime of illegal immigration is the lowest form of a misdemeanor, below speeding on government land.

These lies aren't very original. They have been used about the Irish, the Chinese, the Italians, the Hispanics, the Catholics, the Jews, etc. all through history. Any time the powers that be need to cleave the lower part of the social order apart they resort to this kind of fearmongering to hide their real intentions.

I know these things specifically because conservatives aren't being silenced. Unfortunately, conservatives are now in the majority in the country between the Republicans and the conservative Democrats and us moderates and the liberals have to listen to all of the lies that are behind conservative ideas. I am saying that a fact-based newspaper like the Times is justified in ignoring the lies that modern conservatism is based on. The lies used to cover up the bigotry, the fear of foreigners, except Norweigns, that is xenophobia,  Atheophobia, homophobia, whatever the fear of other religions is called, etc.

Conservatism is made stronger by the lies of conservatism and by the spreading of the fear generated by the lies. These are two very powerful things to have on your side in the marketplace of ideas.

Conservatives are not just allowed to lie, they have to lie because of the paradox at the very heart of what it means to be a conservative, because they want to preserve the status quo and the status quo is more likely than not the cause of our problems. The truth doesn't favor conservative ideas then, so they have to lie. And they have to believe the lies to be a conservative. And fear is also very powerful in the marketplace of ideas. Fear of crime, fear of losing your job, fear of liberals, fear of failure, fear of people who are different from you, etc. are what turns normal, rational people into conservatives.

It used to be that conservatives were the ones who wanted to change things slower than moderates and much slower than liberals wanted. Now conservatives don't want any change or want to rollback changes that they supported in the past. The rate of change in our society has increased dramatically so it is not surprising that people can't handle the rate of change and become more afraid of change and become more conservative.

Wait, so HL thinks we shouldn't respect the Times because it 'bashes' conservatives?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he probably doesn't think we should all disrespect Faux Noise because they bash liberals, right? (I mean, much more metaphorically. The Time 'bashes' conservatives by, you know, printing mostly factual based opinions. FN pretty much lies its ass off.)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he probably doesn't think we should all disrespect Faux Noise because they bash liberals, right? (I mean, much more metaphorically. The Time 'bashes' conservatives by, you know, printing mostly factual based opinions. FN pretty much lies its ass off.)

Well, that's different. Conservatives have never made any claim to being tolerant, so if they're not tolerant of librals, that's okay. It's when Librals aren't being tolerant of intolerance that shows they're not REALLY tolerant, because demanding tolerance has to be an all-or-nothing approach, so their bashing of conservatives is a REASON to bash them.

"Open discussion in the marketplace of ideas"? That ship has sailed for conservatives. Presumed good ideas that never came to fruition like trickle-down economics to denying the overwhelming evidence of climate change to claiming the need for legislation for problems that nearly do not exist as in voter fraud to claiming tax cuts pay for themselves to the deregulation of entities such as Savings & Loans and the repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act to claiming increasing taxes on the wealthy will lead to recession to we need to keep healthcare in the private marketplace.
While liberal hands are not completely clean in all these matters, conservative ideas have done and do great harm to the country as a whole. The only ones who consistently benefit from conservative ideas are the wealthy. So tell me, when do you kick the soapbox out from underneath them?

Back
Top Bottom