• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump just won

Chelsea Handler (look it up if you don't know her) has decided she is not going to move to Spain.

Tears of a clown

This was the first time I laughed when I have watched her TV appearances.

Was Hillary some sort deity for celebrities ?

This is so tired. Look up all the people who have declared they were moving abroad if [insertname] wins. We've got a list of right wing authoritarian followers who still won't leave even though they said they would if Obama won. He won twice and their dumb asses are still here, too. Who fucking cares who says they're leaving? How many elections do we have to repeat commentary on this as if we've never seen it before or don't understand the nature of it or as if it's relevant to anything other than an infantile desire to deliver what some people stupidly think is a kewl zinger?

Hmmm, I don't think this incident was related to anti-Trump histrionics.

Imagine how Trump's base - the frightened right wing authoritarian gun nuts mainly - would have reacted had Clinton won. The word "histrionics" is almost a compliment considering how weak a word it is to describe right wing hatred and violence and highly reactive mentality. Maybe this is an item for the 'silver lining' thread: Had Clinton won, we'd have mass shootings all over this country for sure.

Would they have acted the way Romney's base did with Obama's reelection? The media did a bang up job of gaslighting legions of Clintonistas into believing some really silly shit.

This is so tired. Look up all the people who have declared they were moving abroad if [insertname] wins. We've got a list of right wing authoritarian followers who still won't leave even though they said they would if Obama won. He won twice and their dumb asses are still here, too. Who fucking cares who says they're leaving? How many elections do we have to repeat commentary on this as if we've never seen it before or don't understand the nature of it or as if it's relevant to anything other than an infantile desire to deliver what some people stupidly think is a kewl zinger?

When a celebrity cries, it makes me so sad.

Like this?

I don't know what it is you're trying to prove here. That people do crazy things and take drastic actions when they're incited or that this is somehow specific to people who just don't like the Donald?

Angry Floof is suggesting that had Trump lost, as pretty much everyone thought he would, his supporters would run riot and cause mass shootings. But nearly all the campaign violence in this election was directed at Trump supporters.

And by the way, why are right wingers so politically attached to celebrities?? Their attachment may be in the form of hate, but it's a strong attachment nonetheless. I'm grateful I am not afflicted with this problem. Again, I just don't see the need to pay any attention to it. I mean, OK, you like pop culture in your life and your conversations. Fine. Nothing wrong wit that. But it's bizarre that you think posting about Miley Cyrus bothers anyone.

You remind me of someone I know who loves to talk shit about liberal comedians and various mouth pieces or entertainers or politicians she associates with liberal views. I understand why she does it. She assumes I share her own way of thinking that identifies personally with people who agree with her or who serve as her authority or expert for giving providing her with truth. Make a crack about W? She'll fume. That's right, she will fucking fume and bristle and start the us vs. them posturing. Over someone saying Bush is stupid or whatever. :consternation2: And she thinks my feelings could be hurt by hearing her opinion of Jon Stewart or some actor who, it turns out, I have no idea who he is. :D I told her that I really like Dave Matthews. Now there's a hippie I am attached to, although it's not because of his political views. That was just a bonus. Knock yourself out making fun of him. He won't care and neither will I.

Chelsea Handler (look it up if you don't know her) has decided she is not going to move to Spain.

Tears of a clown

This was the first time I laughed when I have watched her TV appearances.

Was Hillary some sort deity for celebrities ?
Every four years there are tons of people on both sides who claim they will leave the country if the candidate they oppose wins. I generally always wonder why they think anyone would give a shit if they did.

However this year I was surprised to hear that Ruth Bader Ginsburg had joined the hysteria. This is someone that a hell of a lot of people would "give a shit" if she left. The Right would rejoice and the Left would become suicidal. I seriously doubt that she will follow up on the "threat" but am concerned that the claim shows extremely poor judicial temperament.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/justice-ginsburg-wears-dissent-collar-following-contentious-election-n681571

Justice Ginsburg Wears 'Dissent' Collar Following Contentious Election

She added that Trump was "faker" who "really has an ego" and she would move to New Zealand if he gets elected.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what it is you're trying to prove here. That people do crazy things and take drastic actions when they're incited or that this is somehow specific to people who just don't like the Donald?

Angry Floof is suggesting that had Trump lost, as pretty much everyone thought he would, his supporters would run riot and cause mass shootings. But nearly all the campaign violence in this election was directed at Trump supporters.

I think you're misreading just how Balkanized our country is, and it's only going to get worse from here.

Brace yourselves folks, dire times potentially ahead.

Amazing all the top celebrities are tweeting and protesting against Trump.

I'm starting to warm up to the new President.

We can see how many will actually follow up on their threat to leave the USA just on account of the election results.

Ted Nugent promised to leave or be dead if Obama was elected the 2nd time.

He isn't dead and he's still here.

Did you have a point?

I think you're misreading just how Balkanized our country is, and it's only going to get worse from here.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the real fear is that Trump will do a good job as President. Gotta poison the well, amirite? He's not a fan of Art Deco. Gasp!

And by the way, why are right wingers so politically attached to celebrities??

I have no idea. In fact, I didn't know they were. I always thought it was the Dems that were celebrity obsessed. I can't tell you how many times Obama was over here in my neck of the woods (Los Angeles/Hollywood) fucking up the traffic with another celebrity laden fundraiser.

But it's bizarre that you think posting about Miley Cyrus bothers anyone.

Seems to bother you for some reason but that's was not my intent.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the real fear is that Trump will do a good job as President. Gotta poison the well, amirite? He's not a fan of Art Deco. Gasp!

Who knows? Anything is possible at this point, The country could fall into civil war or Donald Trump could be a do-nothing politician who quietly sits out his 4-8 years as president with no major changes.

In either case this is an exciting time to be alive!

I have no idea. In fact, I didn't know they were. I always thought it was the Dems that were celebrity obsessed. I can't tell you how many times Obama was over here in my neck of the woods (Los Angeles/Hollywood) fucking up the traffic with another celebrity laden fundraiser.

But it's bizarre that you think posting about Miley Cyrus bothers anyone.

Seems to bother you for some reason but that's was not my intent.

No, it's something I see so often it seems like a mainstay for right wingers to get a jab in when they're mad at a liberal and can't think of anything better. But again, right wingers tend to be personally offended if someone they identify with ideologically is disrespected. So I can see how they'd "get back" at someone who hurt their feelings by saying something like Trump is an easily manipulated wind bag who will be sucking Putin's dick within a fortnight.

Every four years there are tons of people on both sides who claim they will leave the country if the candidate they oppose wins. I generally always wonder why they think anyone would give a shit if they did.

Yes, it's all rather silly. But I honestly can't help but laugh like a drain at Chelsea Handler. When she starts to fan her face with her flapping hands, and then vows to stay home and keep fighting the fight, come on, that is comedy gold right there.

Yes, it's all rather silly. But I honestly can't help but laugh like a drain at Chelsea Handler. When she starts to fan her face with her flapping hands, and then vows to stay home at keep fighting the fight, come on, that is comedy gold right there.

I don't know who that is but I do know that I need to see this.

I think the real fear is that Trump will do a good job as President.
Yeah, because his track record of achieving success is simply unparalleled. Do you also think the world is flat?

If you can join a party you've not belong to before; say you'll be its nominee for President; withstand constant attacks from within and without that party to nonetheless beat everyone else; come back repeatedly from nearly everyone saying you'll gonna fail at every stage; beat the media-anointed first woman president in an election where pretty much every poll says you'll lose; and then turn Wisconsin and Michigan red for the first time since Reagan; that would be unparalleled.

Yes, it's all rather silly. But I honestly can't help but laugh like a drain at Chelsea Handler. When she starts to fan her face with her flapping hands, and then vows to stay home at keep fighting the fight, come on, that is comedy gold right there.

I don't know who that is but I do know that I need to see this.

Chelsea Handler is a comedienne of sorts. A C list celebrity really. I used to watch her show occasionally, she was mildly amusing at times. Funnily enough, I have been reading her book which I found on my Kindle.

Back
Top Bottom