• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump says he'll designate antifa a terror organization, blames group for violence at George Floyd protests

ZiprHead

Substitute Looney
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/31/george-floyd-protests-trump-antifa-terrorist-organization/5299766002/

President Donald Trump announced Sunday a left-wing group he thinks are leading the violence at anti-police brutality protests will be officially labeled as terrorists.

"The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization," Trump said in a tweet.

Antifa – short for "anti-fascists" – is the name for loosely affiliated, left-leaning anti-racist groups that have been involved in some violent clashes in recent years. The movement has no unified structure or national leadership.

Trump has railed against the left-wing agitators at other times in his presidency, referring to the group as the "alt-left" in 2017 following violent confrontations between white nationalists and counterprotesters in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"The violence and vandalism is being led by antifa and other radical left-wing groups who are terrorizing the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses and burning down buildings," Trump said during remarks at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Saturday.

https://www.boston.com/news/nationa...ays-u-s-will-declare-antifa-a-terrorist-group

It's not a group. It's a term used to describe any collection of anti-fascist activists. Even if there was such a group, Trump would have no legal authority to declare it a terrorist organization.

I wonder if Trump realizes how stupid he is. I also "wonder" when he'll speak out against neo-nazis? Oh right. He can't. They are his base.

https://www.boston.com/news/nationa...ays-u-s-will-declare-antifa-a-terrorist-group

It's not a group. It's a term used to describe any collection of anti-fascist activists. Even if there was such a group, Trump would have no legal authority to declare it a terrorist organization.

I wonder if Trump realizes how stupid he is. I also "wonder" when he'll speak out against neo-nazis? Oh right. He can't. They are his base.

He can’t? With Barr as his AG he can do whatever the fuck he wants. If Trump says it’s constitutional, then it is. If the courts disagree, he'll just have the judges declared anti fa and arrested themselves. Whatever is against fascism is now unconstitutional.

Oh, and you’re under arrest.

USA Today said:
Antifa – short for "anti-fascists" – is the name for loosely affiliated, left-leaning anti-racist groups
Not quite right. Antifa are far-left extremists who view everybody who disagrees with them as "fascist".
They started as " Antifaschistische Aktion" during the pre-WWII Germany. From wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
Antifaschistische Aktion (German: [ˌantifaˈʃɪstɪʃə ʔakˈtsi̯oːn]), commonly known under its abbreviation Antifa (German: [ˈantifaː]), was an organisation affiliated with the Communist Party of Germany (KPD) that existed from 1932 to 1933.
Under the leadership of Ernst Thälmann, the KPD had become a staunchly Stalinist party, and it had been largely controlled and funded by the Soviet leadership since 1928; the party had adopted the position that it was "the only anti-fascist party" while it regarded all other parties, and especially the Social Democratic Party (SPD), as "fascists".[1][2] The KPD did not view "fascism" as a specific political movement, but primarily as the final stage of capitalism, and "anti-fascism" was therefore synonymous with anti-capitalism. The KPD stated that "fighting fascism means fighting the SPD just as much as it means fighting Hitler and the parties of Brüning".[3]

The modern Antifas are very proud of the connection to the KPD Antifas. For example.

Whatever is against fascism is now unconstitutional.

Antifa is not simply being against fascism. Vast majority of people are against fascism. But Antifas are far-left extremists who see everybody disagreeing with them as being "fascist".
Therefore, they are more similar to the attitude you ascribe to the Trump administration than the actual Trump administration.

It's not a group. It's a term used to describe any collection of anti-fascist activists.
You are right that it is not a group per se, with a clear leadership and organizational structure.
But it is not a "collection of anti-fascist activists". It's a specific, far-left movement that sees everybody who disagrees with them as facist. They started as a paramilitary organ of the German Communist Party (KPD) in the late 1920s.

View attachment 27998

Even if there was such a group, Trump would have no legal authority to declare it a terrorist organization.
I know State Department designates foreign terrorist organizations. Which department designates domestic terrorist organizations? I would assume Justice. I do not think Congressional approval would be needed. Do you know otherwise?

Antifa (USA) said:
The idea in Antifa is that we go where they [right-wingers] go. That hate speech is not free speech. That if you are endangering people with what you say and the actions that are behind them, then you do not have the right to do that. And so we go to cause conflict, to shut them down where they are, because we don't believe that Nazis or fascists of any stripe should have a mouthpiece.

Oh what terrible people.
To pull a definition from a hundred years ago and apply it today, in the US is disingenuous.

The official name for the Berlin Wall was the “Anit-Fascist Protection Rampart.” Sadly, in 1989 the fascists won.

He was stupid enough to claim that if Governors didn't allow Mosques and other churches to open that he would "override them"... with no power to do so and no explanation as to what he is talking about. Just bluster that when called out, they ignore and just change the subject.

And in 1940.

Fascist victories are rarely long-lived.

Wow. You really feel the fall of the Berlin Wall was a victory for fascism.
No, you are just misinterpreting my comment to bolster your need for an enemy to rail against. That explains the modern Right.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/31/george-floyd-protests-trump-antifa-terrorist-organization/5299766002/

President Donald Trump announced Sunday a left-wing group he thinks are leading the violence at anti-police brutality protests will be officially labeled as terrorists.

"The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization," Trump said in a tweet.

Antifa – short for "anti-fascists" – is the name for loosely affiliated, left-leaning anti-racist groups that have been involved in some violent clashes in recent years. The movement has no unified structure or national leadership.

Trump has railed against the left-wing agitators at other times in his presidency, referring to the group as the "alt-left" in 2017 following violent confrontations between white nationalists and counterprotesters in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"The violence and vandalism is being led by antifa and other radical left-wing groups who are terrorizing the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses and burning down buildings," Trump said during remarks at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Saturday.

File under: Entire purpose of neo-nazi black flag ops infiltrating and causing more damage than any "snowflake" liberal ever has.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/antifa-fake-twitter-account/index.html

Twitter shuts down white supremacist account pretending to be Antifa calling for violence.

New York (CNN Business)A Twitter account that tweeted a call to violence and claimed to be representing the position of "Antifa" was in fact created by a known white supremacist group, Twitter said Monday. The company removed the account.

Although the account only had a few hundred followers, it is an example of white supremacists seeking to inflame tensions in the United States by posing as left-wing activists online.

The fake account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted Sunday, "ALERT Tonight's the night, Comrades Tonight we say "F**k The City" and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours #BlacklivesMaters #F**kAmerica."
"Absolutely insane," Trump Jr. wrote on Instagram, sharing a screenshot of the tweet, "Just remember what ANTIFA really is. A Terrorist Organization! They're not even pretending anymore."

The phenomenon of people on the right creating fake Antifa accounts predates the current wave of protests. The takedown Monday is not the first time a fake Antifa account linked to white supremacists has been suspended by Twitter, the spokesperson confirmed.

And in 1940.

Fascist victories are rarely long-lived.

Wow. You really feel the fall of the Berlin Wall was a victory for fascism.
No, you are just misinterpreting my comment to bolster your need for an enemy to rail against. That explains the modern Right.
I need to go back to school. I totally botched remembering the fall of the Berlin Wall being in 1940. I must be thinking of some other wall.

I need to go back to school. I totally botched remembering the fall of the Berlin Wall being in 1940. I must be thinking of some other wall.
You really need to get back to school, to learn how to read. Trausti clearly mentioned it was in 1989 when the "antifascist protection barrier" came down.
antifaschistischer-schutzwall-what.jpg

Back
Top Bottom