• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Tests Positive For Covid-19

But if he makes a full and speedy recovery, and then loses the election, he will not give up the presidency still. That should be the higher priority, to make sure he loses the powers of the presidency ASAP. Even if we have to sacrifice our desire for vengeance on this asshole.

If he could be in a vegetative state for the next several months while Biden won the election and took power on inauguration day, but then Trump awoke later and was convicted for his crimes, that would be the ideal outcome. It seems a lot to ask for though.

He has no choice but to give up the presidency if he loses the election. He will no longer be POTUS as of noon on Jan 20 2021. Same thing with Pence. He simply does not have the choice, much like he has no choice about whether or not to have COVID. The rules do indeed apply to Trump.

He is not praying to change the plan because the plan already happened. Trump has the virus and we are now seeing in real time the character and integrity displayed by other politicians with how they are reacting to this news. Especially hateful reactions of Pelosi and Schumer versus the encouragement of Biden, which I believe is very telling indeed of all their integrity. None of which would have occurred without Trump coming down with Covid. According to God's plan.

And I could be wrong but I do not think Randyjohnson is praying for God to change his plan. But rather is praying for the best outcome for Trump now that he does have the illness.

Just to make it clear, Fuck Trump! He was fucking around in the middle of the highway for months, and he gets struck by a car. This isn’t tragedy, it was reckless self endangerment.

Well, ...

And non-self, too, considering the WH and country's culture is directed by The Chosen One.

Trump’s Covid-19 Symptoms Are Said to Be ‘Very Concerning’ - The New York Times - "The president’s medical team refused to provide critical details and left open the impression that he was known to be sick a day earlier than previously reported, forcing them to backtrack later."

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "https://t.co/gvIPuYtTZG" / Twitter - video from the hospital.
By evening, the president released a four-minute video meant to reassure the nation, showing him sitting at a conference table at the hospital and wearing a suit jacket but no tie. He looked wan and sounded less energetic than usual in a rambling message that included campaign talk and boasts about his record.

He acknowledged that he “wasn’t feeling so well” but said that he felt “much better now” and that he expected to return to work shortly. “I think I’ll be back soon, and I look forward to finishing up the campaign the way we started,” he said, although he acknowledged, like Mr. Meadows, that the next few days would be “the real test.”

At one point, he offered a muddled explanation for his behavior. It was not entirely clear whether he was referring to his decision to go to the hospital or to keep campaigning in recent months despite the pandemic. “I had no choice,” he said. “I just didn’t want to stay in the White House.” He added: “I can’t be locked up in a room upstairs and totally safe and just say, hey, whatever happens happens. I can’t do that. We have to confront problems.”

But in reality, Mr. Trump has had difficult and even scary moments since being diagnosed with the virus that has killed more than 208,000 in the United States so far. Two people close to the White House said in separate interviews with The New York Times that the president had had trouble breathing on Friday and that his oxygen level had dropped, prompting his doctors to give him supplemental oxygen while he was at the White House and to transfer him to Walter Reed, where he could be monitored with better equipment and treated more rapidly in case of trouble.
Just like Yuri Andropov's "cold".

Advisers made last-minute push to get reluctant Trump to Walter Reed - CNNPolitics
Marine One was idling on the South Lawn Friday as President Donald Trump's advisers were inside the White House making a last-minute push to get him to board the helicopter.

The President, who had recently tested positive for coronavirus, was reluctant to go to the hospital, multiple sources familiar with what happened later told CNN. Though Trump had developed symptoms and was now on experimental drugs, he didn't want to be "hospitalized," he said.

Aware of his hesitancy to appear seriously ill or convey the serious nature of his condition, Trump's aides now appear to be scrambling to provide a portrait of a mildly ill commander-in-chief. But on Friday, medical officials were concerned about his vitals and thought it would be better to monitor his response with the vast resources that Walter Reed National Military Medical Center provided. Trump was told the facility was a more prudent place for him to be in case his condition deteriorated.
What a big baby.

Trump not on a "clear path to recovery," senior official says - YouTube

MSNBC's Joy Reid suggests Trump is faking COVID diagnosis to 'get out of the debates' | Fox News - she's the host of The Reidout

Joy JUST VOTE & MASK UP!! Reid 😷) on Twitter: "Here’s how wrecked Trump’s credibility is at this point: I’ve got a cellphone full of texts from people who aren’t sure whether to believe Trump actually has covid. “He lies so much,” one friend just texted. “Is he just doing this to get out of the debates?” others are texting." / Twitter

Several people jumped up and down on her for implying that she believes that Trump is faking it. But she seems to be saying that he has such a reputation for falsehood that some people are not sure that he is being truthful when he claims to have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

That's the danger of not being truthful - one does not get trusted very much.

Trump looks and sounds ok in his prepared video greeting. I wonder if he'll even respect the 14 day quarantine promise. I think that as soon as he thinks he's feeling good enough, Trump will re-emerge from his cocoon and go back to the campaign trail, this time with even less precautions because he'll think he's immune and he doesn't give a fuck about anyone else's health.

Joy JUST VOTE & MASK UP!! Reid 😷) on Twitter: "Trump I'm sure will be "tweeting away" over the next several days to show how vigorous and healthy he is, but I would take that with a grain of salt. He doesn't necessarily write all of her tweets. It's all artifice at this point. https://t.co/Zahls3Fq9r" / Twitter
notes
Donald Trump's tweets @realDonaldTrump: Who writes his Twitter posts?
Trump has a Twitter ghostwriter, or more properly, ghosttweeter: Dan Scavino, someone who has been with him since his campaign.
Scavino is often at meetings where the president is at, but operates behind the scenes, documenting Trump's moves in videos and photos and connecting directly with the president's base, firing off several of his tweets.

Wired Magazine says text-only tweets sent between 6 p.m. and 10 a.m. are the most likely to be written by the president, due to his schedule and cable TV news viewing habits. If there's a thread of tweets, the magazine surmises Scavino is more likely to have written them.

As far as spelling mistakes, White House officials have said off the record that Scavino has spell-checked some of Trump's tweets before sending them.

So it's possible famous tweets about "covfefe" and recently, "Prince of Whales," may have been typed out by the president himself. But the reality is, we just don't know.

Maggie Haberman on Twitter: "“Get that thing off,” Trump has said to people in meetings about their masks. https://t.co/tDCYtNd5Hr" / Twitter
noting
A White House Long in Denial Confronts Reality - The New York Times
President Trump at times told staff wearing masks in meetings to “get that thing off,” an administration official said. Everyone knew that Mr. Trump viewed masks as a sign of weakness, officials said, and that his message was clear. “You were looked down upon when you would walk by with a mask,” said Olivia Troye, a top aide on the coronavirus task force who resigned in August and has endorsed former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

In public, some of the president’s favorite targets were mask-wearing White House correspondents. “Would you take it off, I can hardly hear you,” Mr. Trump told Jeff Mason of Reuters in May, then mocked Mr. Mason for wanting “to be politically correct” when he refused.

But the outcome was also a byproduct, former aides said, of the recklessness and top-down culture of fear that Mr. Trump created at the White House and throughout his administration. If you wanted to make the boss happy, they said, you left the mask at home.
Trump the mask-hater -- that's so much in character with how he has acted.

Trump tells Rudy Giuliani 'I'm going to beat' COVID-19
The president dictated a statement to Giuliani:

“You go tell people I’m watching this coverage [reporting he’s taken a turn for the worse].

“I feel I could get out of here right now. But they’re telling me there can always be a backstep with this disease. But I feel I could go out and do a rally.

“I am the president of the United States. I can’t lock myself in a room. … I had to confront [the virus] so the American people stopped being afraid of it so we could deal with it responsibly.

“We have made tremendous progress on treating this disease. Fatality rates are very low compared to [the beginning].

“I’m going to beat this.

“Then I will be able to show people we can deal with this disease responsibly, but we shouldn’t be afraid of it.

“If I had handled it any other way, I would have created more panic, more fear in the American people.

“We are making great progress on dealing with this disease and making better progress with the economy than anyone had the right to expect.”
He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

then
Vera Bergengruen on Twitter: "This is by far the most detailed (only) real statement that has come from the President of the United States since he was diagnosed and hospitalized - and it was dictated to Rudy Giuliani and published in the NY Post (?) (links)" / Twitter

then
Greg Sargent on Twitter: "This is amazing. Trump is pre-spinning his pending victory over the virus as proof that his downplaying of its importance was correct all along! The more than 200,000 dead couldn't be reached for comment." / Twitter

then
Joy JUST VOTE & MASK UP!! Reid 😷) on Twitter: "He also seems to still be peddling the idea of herd immunity— that people shouldn’t be afraid to catch it, with himself (getting experimental treatments not available to average citizens at a hospital that treats presidents and no insurance worries) as proof. It’s very Bolsonaro." / Twitter

Olivia Nuzzi on Twitter: "A source familiar with the president’s health tells the White House pool: ..." / Twitter
A source familiar with the president’s health tells the White House pool: “The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”

This anonymous quote was sent to the White House pool reporters. It arrived in my inbox and the inboxes of other reporters who cover this White House. I do not know where this quote came from, and why this anonymous person has the authority to contradict the president’s doctors.

CONTEXT: Behind the scenes, the White House has been fighting with reporters who have shared information from anonymous sources since we learned about Trump’s illness. But as you can see, the White House is sharing information from anonymous sources with us, too.

The press and the public are struggling with this fundamental problem: we do not know who we can trust to receive reliable information about the health of the President of the United States.

UPDATE: Immediately after the press conference ended and before the anonymous statement was sent out, Mark Meadows briefed reporters without cameras—but he was caught on a feed asking to be off the record.

So we have the White House chief of staff on camera, anonymously providing contradictory information to reporters right after the president’s doctors briefed the public.
Then
Matthew Yglesias on Twitter: "The off the record source saying Trump is sicker than his doctor admits is ... the chief of staff." / Twitter
Just like Yuri Andropov's "cold"

So today, Trump's WH Doctor effectively admits bullshitting America yesterday. And they continued it today. They said he is on steroids, but could be discharged tomorrow. They mentioned eating and drinking again, which puts into question if he is right now.

How many other covid patients have been discharged one day after getting steroid treatments, or in the middle of a 5-day experimental regimen?

It all sounds like bullshit. What's wrong with, wait and see what Monday brings?

Back
Top Bottom