• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Tests Positive For Covid-19

How Congress is reacting to President Trump's COVID-19 diagnoses - YouTube - only a few individual reactions given.

Thanx to Brian63:
Laura Hudson on Twitter: "Damn Claudia Conway https://t.co/GKA9yhIwrK" / Twitter
my mom coughing all around the house after trump tested positive for covid

update my mom has covid

im furious. wear your masks. dont listen to our idiot fucking president piece of shit. protect yourselves and those around you.

my mom two weeks ago: itll be fine masks are stupid its outdoors
Text in images OCRed with OwlOCR

Looking at official announcements of the President's health, this is what I'm reminded of:

Yuri Andropov
In February 1983, Andropov suffered total kidney failure. In August 1983, he entered the Central Clinical Hospital in western Moscow on a permanent basis, where he would spend the remainder of his life.

In late January 1984, Andropov's health deteriorated sharply and due to growing toxicity in his blood, he had periods of falling consciousness. He died on 9 February 1984 at 16:50 in his hospital room at age 69.[58] Few of the top Soviet leaders, not even all the Politburo members, learned of his death on that day. According to the Soviet post mortem medical report, Andropov suffered from several medical conditions: interstitial nephritis, nephrosclerosis, residual hypertension and diabetes, which were worsened by chronic kidney deficiency.
Andropov Said Seriously Ill, Misses Parade - The Washington Post - November 8, 1983
Serious speculation about Andropov's health began when he failed to attend a Kremlin rally Saturday marking the 66th anniversary of the Bolshevik revolution.

A senior Kremlin spokesman, Leonid Zamyatin, speaking to western journalists after the rally, said Andropov had been suffering from a "bad cold" for the past 10 days.

The nature of Andropov's illness was not known. Various Soviet officials conceded privately that his condition was more serious than Zamyatin's statement indicated.
That's the only thing that they ever said about his illness while he was alive, that he had a "bad cold".

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/wa...stantial-risk-of-dying-in-the-next-few-weeks/

The host of “The Rachel Maddow Show” was corrected on Friday evening by a medical expert brought on to analyze President Donald Trump being hospitalized at Walter Reed Medical Center after contracting COVID-19.

“I would say two things,” Dr. Emanuel replied.

“First of all, to have the most powerful man in the world, the leader of the free world, our president, with somewhere between a 5% and 11% [or] 12% of dying, I don’t think that’s so trivial — that’s pretty substantial risk of dying in the next few weeks,” he explained.

If Trump does die, will that end the anti-mask nonsense from the MAGA set?

He's not joining Tupac anytime soon.

Ei17MvYWoAAjgIk

2020 Election Live Updates: Kellyanne Conway Is Latest Trump Ally to Test Positive - The New York Times
As the coronavirus spreads through the government, members of Congress call for more widespread testing.

“I really do think that there’s a strong possibility that every time we convene in a session, it has the potential to be a super-spreader event,” Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Democrat of New York, said.

With Senator Mike Lee’s positive diagnosis, she noted that several members of the legislative branch have now been infected, heightening the need for more testing.

“I do believe that regular testing is a good idea so that we can contact-trace,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said. “I think it is incredibly important that we be tested — at very least, it doesn’t have to happen every day, it doesn’t have to happen every three days. But I do think every time we have 400 members getting on a plane from different parts of the country, we may want to test upon arrival, or have some sort of testing protocol.”

Representative Rodney Davis of Illinois, the highest ranking Republican on the House Administration committee, called it a “travesty that we don’t have a testing modality system in place.”

“We ought to be able to work with our partners in the private sector or even the Air Force, which has offered to help and get a testing regime in place that’s going to help the people who protect this House every day,” Mr. Davis said. “Let’s begin to protect them too. And that includes the Capitol Police, the Architect of the Capitol Employees, the folks who are here on the grounds like members of the media.”
Both sides agree on that, it seems.

We knew there were several mammalian species susceptible to infection by the SARS-Cov-2 virus. Are these the first known infections of reptiles?

We knew there were several mammalian species susceptible to infection by the SARS-Cov-2 virus. Are these the first known infections of reptiles?

You mean corpses animated by the dumbest demons they could find in hell?

Kellyanne Conway, now. Announced by her daughter (without permission), Claudia on Tik Tok. Kellyanne attended the same nomination gathering for Amy Comey Barrett to the US Supreme Court. Superspreader event.

Daddy's little girl.

Opinion | Defiant, Now Infected: Trump Is a Morality Tale - The New York Times
t’s a measure of the cynicism that has infected American politics — and, yes, me — that among my initial reactions to the news that President Trump had tested positive for the coronavirus was: Are we sure? Can we trust that? A man who so frequently and flamboyantly plays the victim, and who has been prophylactically compiling ways to explain away or dispute a projected loss to Joe Biden, is now being forced off the campaign trail, which will be a monster of an excuse.
Author Frank Bruni was far from alone.
I couldn’t help thinking, too, about karma, and I immediately felt petty for that. I don’t wish illness upon Trump. I hope he has a prompt and full recovery. But it’s important to note that he has spent much of the past eight months, during which more than 200,000 Americans died of causes related to the coronavirus, downplaying the pandemic, flinging out false reassurances and refusing to abide by the very public health guidelines that officials in his own government were fervently promoting.

He didn’t wear a mask. He encouraged large gatherings — including his big convention speech and, earlier, the Tulsa, Okla., rally that Herman Cain attended before falling sick with the coronavirus and dying — at which hundreds and even thousands of people, many without any facial covering, packed in tight. At the first presidential debate on Tuesday night, he mocked Biden for so often wearing a mask, suggesting that it was a sign of … what? Timidity? Weakness? Voguishness? Moral vanity?
That is what I thought also - it was almost enough to make me believe in karma.

I'd written "Trump's Nightmare" where he gets the disease, but his getting that disease was hypothetical when I wrote it.

He wakes up several years in the future, to find that his children are now named Don Haydon, Eric Yunaska, Ivanka Kushner, Tiffany Maples, and Barron Knauss.

"We gave up on defending you", said Ivanka.

Twitter Says You Cannot Tweet That You Hope Trump Dies From COVID
“Content that wishes, hopes or expresses a desire for death, serious bodily harm or fatal disease against an individual is against our rules,” Twitter said in a statement. This rule will apparently apply to people who wish death on Trump, who is the single most powerful person in the world.

As Motherboard has previously reported, Facebook has different rules for speech that is focused on celebrities and public figures. Facebook says it "distinguish[es] between public figures and private individuals because we want to allow discussion, which often includes critical commentary of people who are featured in the news or who have a large public audience. For public figures, we remove attacks that are severe as well as certain attacks where the public figure is directly tagged in the post or comment." What this means is that it's OK to post on Facebook that you hope Trump dies, so long as you do not tag him in the post or "purposefully expose" him to "calls for death, serious disease, epidemic disease, or disability."

Twitter makes no such distinction between public and private figures.
The Twitter rules have this section: Abusive behavior

Trump's positive Covid test was a surprise that many saw coming | US news | The Guardian - "The president has been cavalier throughout the coronavirus pandemic. Now, a month before the election, this changes everything"
It is likely to go down as the biggest “October surprise” in the history of US presidential elections. Yet anyone who was paying attention could have seen it coming.

Donald Trump tested positive for the coronavirus after claiming “it will disappear”, telling the journalist Bob Woodward he was downplaying it deliberately, failing to develop a national testing strategy, refusing to wear a face mask for months, floating the idea of injecting patients with bleach, insisting to one of his many crowded campaign rallies that “it affects virtually nobody” and, at Tuesday’s debate, mocking his rival, Joe Biden: “He could be speaking 200 feet away and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen.”

It suggested a sense of invincibility even as more than 200,000 Americans died. But now the chickens have come home to roost, just as they did for the similarly cavalier British prime minister, Boris Johnson, and the Brazilian president, Jair Bolsonaro.

Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter: "Breaking—WH advisor Larry Kudlow says Trump has a "very **moderate** case" of coronavirus.

Not “mild” anymore. We are now on the second rung of thus #COVID19 disease course. Trump is also high risk being elderly, overweight/obese, and male. https://t.co/8dzzGHnYlf" / Twitter

"Moderate"? Like Yuri Andropov's "bad cold"?

Typical Progress of Covid-19 – Katri Manninen
I'll ASCIIfy the chart.

Infection.
Incubation period 5d (2d - 12d)
Can infect others 1d - 3d before symptoms

No symptoms: 50%
Infection stops (prob. won't infect others) 14+d after infection

Symptoms: 50%
Mild/moderate symptoms: 7d

Symptoms - 80%
Milder symptoms: 3d - 7d
Recovery 10d - 14d after first symptoms

Symptoms - 20% (10%)
Hospital 8d - 10d after first symptoms

Hospital - 85%
Recovery 7d - 14+d after hospitalization

Hospital - 15% (1.5%)
Critical
Needs ICU (even if doesn't get it)

Critical - 35 - 50%
Release from ICU 7d - 14+d after going to ICU
Recovery 7d - 14+d after getting out of ICU

Critical - 50 - 65% (0.75% - 1%)
Death 5d - 30+d after hospitalization

It's a little premature to forecast President Donald Trump's demise. I'm gonna wait for the Muslims dancing in New Jersey.

And then I'm gonna join in.

It's a little premature to forecast President Donald Trump's demise. I'm gonna wait for the Muslims dancing in New Jersey.

And then I'm gonna join in.

Babylon-Die-Trump.jpg

The depth and magnitude of projection there is breathtaking. Trump and his fucking Nazi followers would like to eradicate whole groups of people. Fuck him and his mindless authority-fellating mongrel base.

And that's not accurate anyway. No one wants him to die until after the election, and then hoping he will live a long life in prison. And you know what? It's good that you fucking right wing snowflakes take exception to being treated the only fucking way you and your ilk know how to treat anyone outside of your delusional ideological bubble.

Also, is that image even real or is it just more right wing photoshop bullshit?

A couple things...

First, Babylon Bee is a satire site. We all knew that, right?

Second, the really scary thing about this situation is how irresponsible the White House has been with...the White House.

Love 'em or think they're evil personified, the Trump White House is the center of an entire branch of the federal government. It's not just the President and his family who were put at risk. Not just his Secret Service detail. Not just his closest advisors. He also exposed or potentially exposed cabinet members, high rankin Senators, military leaders, and other people with their fingers on the levers of power in the US. This is the equivalent of...well, there's never been anything like this. Trump and his inner circle exposed the top tier of an entire branch of the federal government to a deadly virus. This is appallingly irresponsible. If Putin or Xi or any adversary wanted to hit us in the gonads, and they had a bio-weapon at hand, the most devastating thing they could do would be to unleash it in a manner where it would hit the executive and spread among the senior staff and maybe even the President.

In this case, the President himself is the guy who potentially kneecaps his own government.

Holy fuck.

Back
Top Bottom