• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

Is it morally unethical to allow one's patient to willfully self-medicate if that means thousands to hundreds of thousands of lives can be saved?

What are you talking about? Trump taking this drug when he does not have C19 serves no medical purpose whatsoever.
He's asking, if you could travel in time and kill Hitler before he sacrificed a million people to save the economy, or before he told people to resist simple precautions against the fucking plague, wouldn't there be SOME ethical justification for doing so?

Is it morally unethical to allow one's patient to willfully self-medicate if that means thousands to hundreds of thousands of lives can be saved?

What are you talking about? Trump taking this drug when he does not have C19 serves no medical purpose whatsoever.
He's asking, if you could travel in time and kill Hitler before he sacrificed a million people to save the economy, or before he told people to resist simple precautions against the fucking plague, wouldn't there be SOME ethical justification for doing so?

I get it. It would be morally ethical to allow Trump to commit suicide any day of the week.

I don't get what the real rap is on hydroxychloroquine.
They say it will kill someone who is old and morbidly obese.
But then they say there's no benefit ... which is it?

It's effective on malaria and Lupus and is FDA approved for those diseases.

Early evidence is that it's not effective for someone who has C19.

Either way, there are apparently serious risks of significant side effects using this drug including death.

Either way, there are apparently serious risks of significant side effects using this drug including death.

I know all that. The point is that it is contraindicated for elderly obese people because they can die.
And in this case that is an immeasurable benefit.
So don't say no benefit!

Flew right over your head. :)

I'm getting the idea that people think that I may be to literal.

Strikes erupt as US essential workers demand protection amid pandemic | World news | The Guardian
Working conditions, low pay and lack of safety protections have triggered protests throughout the pandemic as workers across various industries, including food service, meat processing, retail, manufacturing, transportation and healthcare have come together to protest about issues, many of which were apparent before the coronavirus.

“There are no federal mandates or requirements to implement the social distancing guidance or anything else. It’s only guidance and employers can choose to implement them or not,” said Deborah Berkowitz, director of worker safety and health for the National Employment Law Project. “And that is why, in an unprecedented way, they are walking out to bring public attention to the fact that their companies are not protecting their safety and health.”
Truck drivers, manufacturing workers, fast-food workers, ...
Ieshia Townsend, a McDonald’s worker in Chicago for five years, participated in one of the strikes and walked off the job in protest of lack of hazard pay, proper personal protective equipment, paid sick leave and lack of health insurance benefits.

“Workers like me are going on strike because McDonald’s and other billion-dollar corporations do not care about us as workers. They don’t care if we’re safe on the job, they don’t care if we’re sick on the job,” said Townsend, who has also experienced significant cuts to her work schedule during the pandemic.

On 29 April, Braden Lauder, a shift manager for one year at an Arby’s in Morris, Illinois went on strike with co-workers over the lack of hazard pay, lack of personal protective equipment, and understaffing.

“We’re understaffed, underpaid and underappreciated,” said Lauder. He makes $12 an hour as a shift manager, and noted several of his co-workers make under $10 an hour. “At the same time, I’m a shift manager so I do the paperwork for the sales that we pull each day and I know for a fact that we’re busier now than we have been at any other point since I started almost a year ago.”
Seems like it took a big enough push to get them active.

Schumer says GOP is 'repeating Herbert Hoover's mistake' | TheHill
Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said the GOP is “repeating Herbert Hoover’s mistake” by pushing for private companies to take the lead on coronavirus economic relief.

“The Great Depression started when the stock market crashed, but there was a Republican, conservative president then named Herbert Hoover and Herbert Hoover said, we don't have to do anything. Let the private sector work this out,” Schumer said on The Joe Madison Show Tuesday.

“And the Great Depression occurred and 25 percent of America was out of work for years. Well, Donald Trump is saying the same thing,” he added.
That Hoover comparison is very apt. President Hoover's totally inadequate response to the Great Depression led the way to the New Deal.

Senate GOP crafting wishlist for next coronavirus package | TheHill

Workers file class-action lawsuit against McDonald's over coronavirus precautions | TheHill

I'm getting the idea that people think that I may be too literal.
FIFY. :D

I get it. It would be morally ethical to allow Trump to commit suicide any day of the week.
Yeah, it really is a win-win. I wish that no person do harm unto Trump... other than Trump... or a half naked hysterical Ivanka Trump who, after staff hearing a gun shot, she runs out of the Oval Office saying "I can't take it anymore" and shots herself as the back end of a murder suicide. Either one I'm good with.

I, in the past have likened Trump and Rudy (whatever happened to Rudy? Is he on US soil?) to a couple of snake oil salesmen traveling from town to town, staying one step ahead of the sheriff.

And now Trump and his hydroxychloroquine. What a fitting swan song it would be to his presidency.

Does anyone REALLY believe he's taking that shit? I don't.

Schumer says GOP is 'repeating Herbert Hoover's mistake' | TheHill
Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said the GOP is “repeating Herbert Hoover’s mistake” by pushing for private companies to take the lead on coronavirus economic relief.

“The Great Depression started when the stock market crashed, but there was a Republican, conservative president then named Herbert Hoover and Herbert Hoover said, we don't have to do anything. Let the private sector work this out,” Schumer said on The Joe Madison Show Tuesday.

“And the Great Depression occurred and 25 percent of America was out of work for years. Well, Donald Trump is saying the same thing,” he added.
That Hoover comparison is very apt. President Hoover's totally inadequate response to the Great Depression led the way to the New Deal.

Senate GOP crafting wishlist for next coronavirus package | TheHill

Workers file class-action lawsuit against McDonald's over coronavirus precautions | TheHill

It's much easier to steal money when it's done by private companies.

I do. Trump has a very basic grasp of the concept of brand recognition, and he's Joffrey all grown up. Firstly, Trump has stock in it, so of course he is going to promote the fucking shit out of it. Secondly, Trump is a perpetually persistent petulant prick of a person. Doctors, not common fucking sense, are preventing Trump from hosting rallies. Doctors recommend against taking hydroxychloroquine. Trump logic dictates that Trump must take the shit because, "Fuck you doctors, you're not the boss of me!".

And really, I think that was all the thinking and reflection Trump had before he added it to his cocktail of daily meds. It's a cutting off one's nose to own the libs type of thinking that really appeals to him.

I know if _I_were White House physician, and bonespurs were demanding hydrowhodiquine, i'd give him hydrowhodiquine. He's just going to keep going thru docs until one prescribes it.
But I'd also be ready to explain why some of the pills are shaped like Barney, and some are Fred, and Dino, and Pebbles....

What I find interesting is he’s been ‘taking it’ for over a week and he might be close to ‘done taking it’ very soon after people thought it was crazy he was taking it.

Why are people calling Trump "bonespurs"?

Because despite the fact that nobody knows more about the military than Trump, and that he is a wartime President, the army in their infinite wisdom disqualified Trump from serving in Vietnam because of bonespurs in his foot. But that's the fucking army for you.

Whether Trump had bonespurs in his left or right foot depends on what day you ask him.

Back
Top Bottom