• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

Trump halts COVID-19 relief talks until after election
then
The Associated Press on Twitter: "BREAKING: President Trump says he has instructed aides to stop negotiating on a coronavirus aid plan until after the election. Trump's announcement comes as Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell warns the recovery could falter without more federal stimulus. https://t.co/tP5vAorRoa" / Twitter
then
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Nancy Pelosi is asking for ..." / Twitter
Nancy Pelosi is asking for $2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19. We made a very generous offer of $1.6 Trillion Dollars and, as usual, she is not negotiating in good faith. I am rejecting their...

...request, and looking to the future of our Country. I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked...

...@senatemajldr Mitch McConnell not to delay, but to instead focus full time on approving my outstanding nominee to the United States Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. Our Economy is doing very well. The Stock Market is at record levels, JOBS and unemployment...

...also coming back in record numbers. We are leading the World in Economic Recovery, and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "What an anti-everybody agenda looks like:

The President & GOP are walking away from getting ANY COVID stimulus relief done, effectively endangering millions, after *they* themselves got COVID & enjoyed free socialized healthcare, so they can push through an anti-ACA SCOTUS pick." / Twitter

White House lurches in new direction on stimulus talks, pushing for airline aid - The Washington Post - "After saying he won’t pursue a package until after election, Trump demands Congress immediately pass bills"

This is horrible. Trump is so erratic.

The White House’s ever-shifting economic relief agenda lurched in a new direction Wednesday as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin tried to make a deal with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to rescue the airline industry, just a day after President Trump abruptly cut off talks on a broader stimulus bill.

Pelosi (D-Calif.) responded to Mnuchin’s overture by telling him to go read an airline rescue bill that House Democrats tried unsuccessfully to advance last week “so that they could have an informed conversation,” according to Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill.

The newest twist in the talks appears to be fast-tracking negotiations to aid the airline industry but shelving the prospects broader unemployment aid, another round of $1,200 relief checks to millions of Americans, small business assistance, and a number of other programs.

Ah yes, the airline industry. Bail them out, so that they can squeeze the seats an inch closer, charge you an extra five bucks for your bags, and make the in-flight meal ever so slightly more disgusting.

Ah yes, the airline industry. Bail them out, so that they can squeeze the seats an inch closer, charge you an extra five bucks for your bags, and make the in-flight meal ever so slightly more disgusting.

The same airlines, mind you, nobody is flying on because working from home and having remote meetings is now acknowledged as fully viable.

Pelosi says no stand-alone aid for airlines without bigger stimulus bill
  • Pelosi signaled she wouldn’t support more aid for airlines without a broader coronavirus relief package for the country.
  • Carriers last week started furloughing more than 30,000 workers, but said they would reverse course if lawmakers approved billions more in aid.
  • The CEO of American Airlines said without more aid the carrier will be forced to further cut service.

"The CEO of American Airlines said without more aid the carrier will be forced to further cut service."

Bwahahaha - Well cut it bitch. Supply & demand, herd of that?

30,000 workers to be furloughed, if extra $25 billion is not paid. That's $833,000 per person. Makes sense...

30,000 workers to be furloughed, if extra $25 billion is not paid. That's $833,000 per person. Makes sense...

If there’s no bailout then there’s no subsidy for the stock price, and without that there’s no upside for the CEO.

'Murkins are NOT good with large numbers.
Most of them see "30,000 workers to be furloughed, if extra $25 billion is not paid" and what registers is "Dems make everyone lose their jobs because they can't stand the Republicans getting $25."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/politics/trump-covid-friday/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump says he is ready to end his Covid isolation and emerge onto the campaign trail, despite little clarity about his condition, no independent view of his physical state and warnings from health experts he is likely still shedding the virus.

It remained unclear when Trump would be tested again and whether those results would be disclosed publicly. The White House has repeatedly refused to say when he last tested negative, raising questions about the timeline of his disease.

While Conley said Thursday that Saturday would bring Trump to day 10 of his disease, he had earlier said that Monday was the day by which they would feel comfortable that Trump was in the clear.

So Trumpo wants to go out and campaign and there is talk about him starting Saturday yet Trumpo, WH and Dr refuse to say whether he has had any negative test results yet. It was my understanding that people are supposed to test negative twice before being considered safe go out.

And as usual, this Dr Conley appears to be just a shill for Trump.

I have no doubt that Trump would go out still infected if his shill let him.

And his supporters will pay extra to get front row seats in the "splash zone". Not only is Trump's holy saliva free from the virus, it carries healing properties that grant immunity to it.

Some percentage of working from home and on line meetings are here for good. The airlines will never come back to precovid strength. Might as well force some downsizing/consolidation on them now.

Yeah. We used to send six people to the sub bases six times a year for one week seminars on the Strat Weps Program. Now two us get 10 minutes online with each crew.
Somehow, i don't think that when the All Clear whistle blows, the admiral will be saying, 'thank god, because we just weren't spending enough on travel, hotels, and food for seven different contractors and six branches of Special Projects!'

Senate Republicans rip new White House coronavirus proposal | TheHill
Senate Republicans on Saturday offered fierce pushback against the administration's latest coronavirus relief proposal during a call with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Senate Republicans raised concerns about the $1.8 trillion price tag of the White House's latest offer to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), multiple sources familiar with the call told The Hill.
What big babies. Would they have said about World War II that it costs to much? The Revolutionary War?

Stimulus latest: Pelosi sets 48-hour deadline on talks to get a deal before Election Day - CNNPolitics
"The 48 only relates to if we want to get it done before the election, which we do," Pelosi said in an interview on ABC's "This Week." "But we're saying to them we have to freeze the design on some of these things. Are we going with it or not? And what is the language."

Pelosi is putting pressure on the administration to cut a deal by Tuesday because the legislative process in the House and Senate will take time to play out, and it won't be feasible to get a bill passed through both chambers by November 3 if the talks drag on beyond the next couple days
Pelosi says she doesn't want to sweep up 'dumpings of this elephant' after Trump presidency | Fox News
"Because we want to have an agreement we can come to negotiation, and we can do it now but what’s the difference, a few days, except we can have it before the election, which we want it as soon as possible," Pelosi said. "And I certainly want it because I don’t want to have to be sweeping after this dumpings of this elephant as we go into a new presidency in a few short months."
This Week on Twitter: "“We’ll see. I’m not in the Senate,” Speaker Pelosi tells @GStephanopoulos when asked if the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett is a done deal.

"What I am talking about is how we win this election because we have to offset whatever … this Court may do.” (links)" Twitter

Including Amy Coney Barrett hearings Day 4: Republicans reject Democratic effort to delay committee vote - ABC News

Mitch McConnell will likely continue to obstruct these efforts. Let's see what the Trump Admin does about that -- if anything.

Second stimulus check: Pelosi sets 48 hours for pre-election deal, Senate prepares to vote on scaled-down bill. Here’s the latest. - nj.com
Without a deal within 48 hours, there won’t be enough time to pass a coronavirus stimulus bill before Election Day, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday.

Pelosi, D-Calif., said on ABC’s “This Week” that she wanted to make a deal before Nov. 3, but there had to be a deadline so the bill could be drafted and passed in time. The House has passed a $2.2 trillion measure while the White House has offered $1.8 trillion.

Senate Republicans, meanwhile, scheduled votes on their own scaled-down legislation Tuesday and Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom