• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

8 million Americans slipped into poverty amid coronavirus pandemic, new study says - "Researchers looked at the devastating financial effect the pandemic has had on Americans, with Blacks, Latinos and children faring the worst."
“The Cares Act, despite its flaws, was broadly successful in preventing large increases in poverty," said Zach Parolin, a postdoctoral researcher at Columbia University and one of the study’s authors.

The federal stimulus saved about 18 million Americans from poverty in April, he said, but as of September, that number is down to 4 million.

The results of the Columbia study are underscored by another recent study published by the University of Chicago and the University of Notre Dame, which found that within the last three months alone, 6 million Americans entered poverty.

Those researchers also found that poverty rates temporarily stabilized amid federal economic intervention, but are now getting worse, particularly for certain groups.

Negotiations between Senate Republicans and House Democrats for a new stimulus package remain at a standstill as Americans grapple with the fallout from the pandemic and millions remain unemployed.
NBC News on Twitter: "8,000,000 Americans slipped into poverty amid coronavirus pandemic, study finds. https://t.co/83rfK0FTtq" / Twitter
then
Jamil Smith on Twitter: "“Slipped” implies that it was an accident." / Twitter

Is he implying that that is deliberate?

I just read this yesterday..

You know by now who I early voted for. I'll not go into the many reasons why, beyond saying that, while Donald Trump may be an imperfect vessel (we all are), that imperfect vessel overflows with things I and a lot of others see as good for our free market capitalistic democratic republic. I liked what Donald Trump promised to do. He delivered, despite incredible opposition. He will continue to deliver in a second term, and I predict he will win....

I just had a great conversation with a freight forwarder we use...the owner of the company immigrated here 17 years ago with nothing but a good brain, the willingness to work very hard, and a desire to live the American dream. The company he started is now nationwide. After we finished our business, I told Tony I had voted for Trump, and asked if he didn't mind telling me who he voted for.He exploded with enthusiasm, saying "Trump, Trump, Trump, I tell all my friends it's gotta be Trump. Man! He is so good for business."

I'd be interested to hear about these things, these things that Trump (and only Trump) brought to the table and that are "good for our free market capitalistic democratic republic" and "good for business." Was Obama not good for these things? The person who wrote this has been in business for decades. "Tony" immigrated here 17 years ago and has a nationwide business, but how long has Trump been in office? From where did Tony immigrate from, and is that a factor in what Trump provides that no one else could?

But I want to be open-minded. I'm willing to listen. What has Trump done for businesses that they didn't have before 2016? And will voting for Trump this year ensure that the secret sauce will continue for another four years?

It is 2016 all over again. Trump supporters can't provide specifics to support Trump, but say Trump is their guy.

A: He did so much despite odds.
B: What did he do?
A: So much, don't know where to start.
B: Something other than the tax cut.
A: Well, he got rid of regulations.
B: Which ones?
A: The bad ones!

U26UpHz.jpg

Um, wow. So, what, knows C19 is not a Dem hoax, knows it is lethal, I guess blames China?
Wears this proudly.
Probably thinks this shirt triggers the libs?
I dunno about others, thus just makes me sad.

On another board I'm on, it is China, China, China with the faithful.

What I find interesting is that woman is using her dead son as a political prop. I certainly hope he supported Trump, or his mother is a real ass.

White House chief of staff: 'We are not going to control the pandemic'

Washington (CNN)White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Sunday that the US is "not going to control" the coronavirus pandemic, as cases surge across the country and nearly 225,000 Americans have died from the virus.

"We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas," Meadows told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

White House chief of staff: 'We are not going to control the pandemic'

Washington (CNN)White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Sunday that the US is "not going to control" the coronavirus pandemic, as cases surge across the country and nearly 225,000 Americans have died from the virus.

"We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas," Meadows told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

And all who test positive will get the best of care in our private suite at the hospital.

Study links Trump rallies to more than 700 Covid deaths

President Donald Trump's campaign rallies between June and September may have caused some 30,000 coronavirus infections and more than 700 deaths, according to a new study by Stanford University economists.

The working paper, released late Friday, examined the impact of 18 rallies held between June 20 and Sept. 30 by comparing spread of the virus after each event to parts of the country that didn't host rallies. The findings illustrate the risks of not heeding public health warnings to wear masks and avoid large gatherings to mitigate the risks of Covid-19, the authors — including B. Douglas Bernheim, the chair of Stanford's economics department — wrote.

“The communities in which Trump rallies took place paid a high price in terms of disease and death,” they wrote. Fifteen of the 18 events studied were held outdoors.

Trump has drawn criticism for continuing to hold events with large, tightly packed crowds in states that are experiencing outbreaks. Many in attendance, including Trump, have not worn masks.

Kushner Confesses How Trump Took Power - YouTube - Damage Report - I looked for sources, and that video has

Report: Jared Kushner an Even Bigger Idiot Than Previously Thought (And Yes, That’s Saying Something) | Vanity Fair
noting
Jared Kushner bragged in April that Trump was taking the country 'back from the doctors' - CNNPolitics

Prince Jared, as I like to call him:
There were three phases. There’s the panic phase, the pain phase and then the comeback phase. I do believe that last night symbolized kind of the beginning of the comeback phase. That doesn’t mean there’s not still a lot of pain and there won’t be pain for a while, but that basically was, we’ve now put out rules to get back to work. Trump’s now back in charge. It’s not the doctors. They’ve kind of – we have, like, a negotiated settlement.
CNN:
In the wide-ranging conversations, Kushner described the President's relationship with his public health advisers in adversarial terms.

Kushner was also dismissive of party politics, calling the Republican Party, "a collection of a bunch of tribes" and describing the GOP platform as "a document meant to, like, piss people off, basically." Kushner went on to tell Woodward that Trump did a "full hostile takeover" of the Republican Party when he became its presidential nominee.

He also told Woodward, "The most dangerous people around the President are over-confident idiots" and that Trump had replaced them with "more thoughtful people who kind of know their place."
In other words, yes-people, people who tell Trump what he wants to believe.

Prince Jared:
The last thing was kind of doing the guidelines, which was interesting. And that in my mind was almost like – you know, it was almost like Trump getting the country back from the doctors. Right? In the sense that what he now did was, you know, he’s going to own the open-up.

So with testing now, what he’s been saying to us is don’t fall into the same trap that we fell into the first time. The states have to own the testing. The federal government should not own the testing. And the federal government should not own kind of the rules. It’s got to be up to the governors, because that’s the way the federalist system works. But the president also is very smart politically with the way he did that fight with the governors to basically say, no, no, no, no, I own the opening. Because again, the opening is going to be very popular. People want this country open. But if it opens in the wrong way, the question will be, did the governors follow the guidelines we set out or not?
So Trump and his underlings want Trump to get all the credit for success and the governors to get all the blame for failure. Especially Democratic governors, I'm sure.

Trump thinks highly of his son-in-law.
The President himself supported Kushner speaking to Woodward for "Rage," according to another audio clip obtained by CNN, calling him "one smart cookie."

"I told Jared to speak to you, and I believe he has," Trump told Woodward on February 19. Trump said he asked Kushner to coordinate with others in the administration "so that Bob can speak to anybody he wants to. Jared will handle -- very capable guy, Jared. You can't get people like this."

Back
Top Bottom