• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

Second stimulus check: GOP will move forward with stimulus once Trump exits, Biden says - al.com
Congress will be more likely to negotiate on a second coronavirus relief package after President Trump leaves office in January, president-elect Joe Biden said Wednesday.

Speaking to a group of frontline workers, Biden said he thought Republicans would move forward with the bill – likely to include another round of direct payments to the public – once they no longer fear “retribution from the president.”

“Hopefully, when he’s gone, they will be more willing to do what they know should be done - has to be done - in order to save the communities they live in,” Biden said.
I think that that is way too Pollyannaish. It seems more likely that the Republicans will try to do to Biden what they did to Obama -- obstruct him to make him look ineffective.

Republican TX-21 US House candidate Chip Roy, responding to AOC's "To get the virus under control, we need to pay people to stay home."

Chip Roy on Twitter: "You can’t make this stuff up. #StandUpForAmerica" / Twitter

Then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Strange that you now oppose checks to help people survive shutdowns, Chip.

You voted YES for the CARES Act in March, which paid folks to help weather the impact of COVID shutdowns.

What changed for you to oppose stimulus now? The fact that there’s no Wall St bailout anymore?" / Twitter

Chip Roy got re-elected, sad to say, beating Wendy Davis.

Texas Rep. Chip Roy votes to block $19.1 billion in disaster aid - The Washington Post - 2019 May 24
A House Republican lawmaker blocked a $19.1 billion disaster aid package on Friday, delaying a bill that would send federal funding to disaster-affected areas across the country.

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) voted to block the legislation, which has the support of President Trump and easily passed the Senate on Thursday. His move was met with immediate criticism, including from Republicans representing disaster-hit areas where millions of Americans have been awaiting federal help for months.

Roy said he was objecting to the bill because it would add to the country’s debt, as well as because it left out $4.4 billion in additional spending for federal operations along the U.

Two More Covid Sufferers in the Second Wave:

Guiliani's son Andrew and Donald Trump Jr. have both tested positive for the Democrat-inspired hoax of covid-19. (Factual, not my usual snark.)

it's hard to wear a mask when doing coke.

Two More Covid Sufferers in the Second Wave:

Guiliani's son Andrew and Donald Trump Jr. have both tested positive for the Democrat-inspired hoax of covid-19. (Factual, not my usual snark.)

What are the symptoms of contracting a hoax?

It turned Trumpo's hair white. He looks like Moses. Where are the tablets he brought down from the mountain? Maybe in his golf cart? Hallelujah!

It also melted Guliani's hair and is creating mass hysteria among believers.

I think Jesus is coming.

Back
Top Bottom