• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

But hey, if you think a press briefing is the proper time for President Trump to whip out some jokes he's written, show off some card tricks he's been working on, finish up with a little soft shoe, then knock yourself out.
You know, maybe that's why he skipped every single White House Correspondents' Dinner? Because if he made a joke THERE, and no one laughed, it'd be a flop.
This way, when no one laughs until he TELLS them it's a joke, it's posthumously successful.

Because they don't sugarcoat things. We are not babies. We are adults. Other news networks think we are all babies.

Calling ti the China virus gives direct responsibility to China. But, they don't want personal responsibility. They want to deflect blame and scream and whine and cry that it's not fair they are singled out for a virus that started in THEIR COUNTRY DUE TO WET MARKETS!!!

Babies do that. Adults take responsibility and own it.

Hmm, I wonder.

[FONT=&]U.S. President Donald Trump praised China for its "transparency" in handling the coronavirus outbreak, then later criticized the World Health Organization for doing the same.[/FONT]

15 Times Trump praised China as coronavirus was spreading across the globe.

Yep, and then when Trump found out they were lying, he demanded answers and wanted them held accountable.

There are also reports that China is executing people with the virus so the numbers go down. Can't have the virus if you're shot dead by a bunch of commies.

There's now news that it was started in China on purpose and they purposely let people fly out of the country with it to infect the world.

Either way, if they did it on purpose or if it was caused by the wet markets and then they still let people leave on purpose, they still have hell to pay. CHINA HAS SCREWED THE WORLD.

It's not racist one bit. I'm sure the Chinese people are fine people. but, the government is a bunch of lying commies who have hell to pay for screwing the world.

Governors say Trump needs to watch what he says - POLITICO - "Maryland’s Larry Hogan and Michigan’s Gretchen Whitmer decried his comments on disinfectants."

Birx: 'It bothers me' Trump comments on injecting disinfectant 'still in the news cycle' | TheHill
She should grow up and accept that her boss made himself look VERY stupid.

I thought that conservatives believed in accepting responsibility for their actions. But from the looks of it, it's more of a stick to beat up people that they dislike.

Democratic lawmakers: 'Completely irresponsible' for IRS to demand essential workers provide own PPE | TheHill

Who is behind the coronavirus social distancing protests?
Some of the rallies are being pushed by Republican-allied groups in battleground states with Democratic governors. According to the Associated Press, last week’s Michigan protest was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, a group co-founded by a GOP state representative and his wife, who is on the advisory board for an official Trump campaign group called Women for Trump and is also the co-founder of Michigan Trump Republicans. Another of the event’s promoters, Greg McNeilly, is a longtime political adviser to the wealthy DeVos family, which includes current Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos.

Wisconsinites Against Excessive Quarantine was created on Wednesday by Ben Dorr. Chris Dorr is the creator of Pennsylvanians Against Excessive Quarantine as well as Ohioans Against Excessive Quarantine. Aaron Dorr is the creator of New Yorkers Against Excessive Quarantine. The Dorrs, along with their father, Paul, have been been active in a number of political battles over the years, ranging from taking strong pro-gun and anti-abortion stances to fighting public school referenda in Iowa.
Three brothers responsible for anti-distancing protests in several states - Ben: WI - Chris: OH, PA - Aaron: NY

I mean, you guys have to wonder why, since the virus started in China, did they even allow ANYONE to leave their country and infect the world unless they did it on purpose?

If they were serious, they would've locked down China as soon as news of the first case happened. It would've been contained ONLY TO CHINA! Yet, they let people leave the country willy nilly and fly all over the world.

China is not a country to be praised!

I am not wrong. It's just hard for you guys to understand outside of your bubble.

I'll get to that in a second

I pointed out that Fox News is the only network with enough balls to DEMAND to know why wet markets exist in China and why they aren't shut down immediately. Other networks worship the Chinese and are too afraid to say something bad about them. "China is a good boy. They don't do nothin' bad!"

Bullshit. Firstly, wet markets exist outside of China and secondly FOX news isn't the only media outlet highlighting the risks involved. Here is the BBC and lhere is Al Jazeera reporting the exact same fucking story. Also, wet markets exist around the entire fucking globe. I would be amazed if there isn't one within a four hour drive of where you live. And if any of these talking heads were genuinely concerned about China and its influence around the global, they would be taking a long, hard look at who is buying up all the debt in South East Asia, Pacific Island Nations and Africa the impact that will bring. Instead, portaying China like a shitty B grade villan from a Tom Clancy novel in the 90s is just lazy journalism.

Fox News is the only network with enough integrity and balls to call out China for what it is. The virus started in China, Fox News called it the China virus. Everyone else screamed and yelled how racist it is to say that a virus that started in a country be refereed to by that country's name.

FOX news has been so fucking terrible at reporting this pandemic, its owners were worried that they might get sued. And they were quite prescient in that respect.

Fox News lives in reality. Everyone else lives in imagination land.

I'll link this back to the bullshit you spewed at the start of your post. FOX news has consistently been proven to have the most misinformed viewers anywhere in the world. Consistently. In the last twenty years on any US issue (who's responsible for 9/11, Where was Barrack Obama born, the Mueller Report) FOX has had the highest percentage of misinformed viewers. And that disparity only increases when you look at event reported outside the US. Ironically, the only people who are convinced that FOX provides reality live in a far right wing echo chamber.

I mean, you guys have to wonder why, since the virus started in China, did they even allow ANYONE to leave their country and infect the world unless they did it on purpose?

If they were serious, they would've locked down China as soon as news of the first case happened. It would've been contained ONLY TO CHINA! Yet, they let people leave the country willy nilly and fly all over the world.

China is not a country to be praised!

Name one person, other than Trump, who has been praising China. Name one world leader, other than Trump, who believes anything the Chinese government says at face value without third party confirmation.

I for one don't expect a totalitarian government with an extremely shitty human rights record to give a flying penguin fuck about the well being of its own citizens much less the rest of the world. But I pay a shit ton of taxes and my expectation is the my federal government deals with such a pandemic in a sensible manner. I have family in the states and they pay taxes (and I pay taxes when I visit them) so it's reasonable from them to expect their government to do a competent job with their fucking money. China isn't factored in the equation because no one, other than Trump, trusts China in such a manner,

If an outbreak occured in Shitfucksville, Cuntonia, I would be asking what the Australian federal government and specifically the Ministry of Health is doing to protect and insulate Australians from the probable pandemic. Then I would be holding them accountable. What the Cuntonian government does or does not do is irrelevant. Why do you consider that to be such a radical idea?

Regenerating limbs WOULD be cool, yes.

But, if you're on NATIONAL GODDAMNED TELEVISION trying to lead the nation's effort to fight a weird trend of eleven hundred partial or complete amputations A DAY, you might bring up better trauma care, better safety measures, education, first responders, and prosthetics.

If you get to the podium and in all seriousness suggest we look into salamander regeneration, as part of our response, people will quite reasonably feel that maybe you're a senile fucking mouth-breathing, lip-reading, illiterate, toxic, fumble-tongued moron who shouldn't have anything sharper than a half-inflated ballon.
And if NOT serious, then mentioning it jokingly makes you look like a sockfucking sociopath, at least to anyone who is or knows one of the amputees, or even just feels normal human compassion for their condition.

Yes. Reasonable, intelligent people will react that way. It follows that persons who do not react that way are not reacting with reason and intelligence. This describes Trumpo and his followers quite well.

Trump and the Coronavirus: A Sour President, Home Alone at the White House - The New York Times - "As his administration grapples with reopening the economy and responding to the coronavirus crisis, President Trump worries about his re-election and how the news media is portraying him."
President Trump arrives in the Oval Office these days as late as noon, when he is usually in a sour mood after his morning marathon of television.

He has been up in the White House master bedroom as early as 5 a.m. watching Fox News, then CNN, with a dollop of MSNBC thrown in for rage viewing. He makes calls with the TV on in the background, his routine since he first arrived at the White House.

But now there are differences.

The president sees few allies no matter which channel he clicks. He is angry even with Fox, an old security blanket, for not portraying him as he would like to be seen. And he makes time to watch Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s briefings from New York, closely monitoring for a sporadic compliment or snipe.
He is stuck in the White House, and his big re-election selling point, the economy, is going into a bad slump.
News coverage of his handling of the coronavirus has been overwhelmingly negative as Democrats have condemned him for a lack of empathy, honesty and competence in the face of a pandemic. Even Republicans have criticized Mr. Trump’s briefings as long-winded and his rough handling of critics as unproductive.
That immigration ban was an attempt to rally his base. But it turned out to have lots of holes so as to placate certain business lobbies.
But the president’s primary focus, advisers said, is assessing how his performance on the virus is measured in the news media, and the extent to which history will blame him.

Mr. Trump frequently vents about how he is portrayed.
What a big baby. He should be asking himself what kind of a job he is doing.
The daily White House coronavirus task force briefing is the one portion of the day that Mr. Trump looks forward to, although even Republicans say that the two hours of political attacks, grievances and falsehoods by the president are hurting him politically.

Mr. Trump rarely attends the task force meetings that precede the briefings, and he typically does not prepare before he steps in front of the cameras. He is often seeing the final version of the day’s main talking points that aides have prepared for him for the first time although aides said he makes tweaks with a Sharpie just before he reads them live. He hastily plows through them, usually in a monotone, in order to get to the question-and-answer bullying session with reporters that he relishes.
Someone who clearly doesn't want to do the work of his position. He deserves the 25th Amendment for that reason also. I don't see how anyone who believes in doing a good job can possibly support him in good conscience.

And where's Biden or Bernie during this pandemic? Oh, they're hiding in their basements with no advice to the American people. Trump is trying. The other 2 tucked their tails between their legs and ran.

In case anyone is wondering about the truth of whether Biden and Sanders were giving advice to the AMerican People, they can quickly google to find the truth that both were. Here’s an article on Bidens EARLY MARCH statement on what the plan should be if the president were doing what he should. He even said, “Trump you can just take this plan and call it yours, if your ego needs that. Just do something.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/12/21177099/joe-biden-coronavirus-covid-19-plan

There's now news that it was started in China on purpose and they purposely let people fly out of the country with it to infect the world.
No, there isn't. Unless your definition of 'news' includes deliberate lies.

Oh, wait. You think Fox News is 'news'.
Either way, if they did it on purpose or if it was caused by the wet markets and then they still let people leave on purpose, they still have hell to pay. CHINA HAS SCREWED THE WORLD.

It's not racist one bit.
Yes, it really is. Your failure to recognize it as such is understandable - even inevitable - but not actual evidence of anything.
I'm sure the Chinese people are fine people. but, the government is a bunch of lying commies who have hell to pay for screwing the world.
The Chinese government are a bunch of lying commies. They probably deserve criminal censure for a large number of reasons. But Covid-19 ain't one of them, and accusing them of stuff that they didn't do just makes it easier for them to get away with the stuff they did.

Trump defends work habits, attacks media in series of tweets | TheHill
notes

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "I work from early in the morning until late at night, haven’t left the White House in many months (except to launch Hospital Ship Comfort) in order to take care of Trade Deals, Military Rebuilding etc., and then I read a phony story in the failing @nytimes about my work...." / Twitter
then
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "....schedule and eating habits, written by a third rate reporter who knows nothing about me. I will often be in the Oval Office late into the night & read & see that I am angrily eating a hamburger & Diet Coke in my bedroom. People with me are always stunned. Anything to demean!" / Twitter

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "The people that know me and know the history of our Country say that I am the hardest working President in history. I don’t know about that, but I am a hard worker and have probably gotten more done in the first 3 1/2 years than any President in history. The Fake News hates it!" / Twitter

When will all of the “reporters” who have received Noble Prizes for their work on Russia, Russia, Russia, only to have been proven totally wrong (and, in fact, it was the other side who committed the crimes), be turning back their cherished “Nobles” so that they can be given....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 26, 2020

....Lawsuits should be brought against all, including the Fake News Organizations, to rectify this terrible injustice. For all of the great lawyers out there, do we have any takers? When will the Noble Committee Act? Better be fast!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 26, 2020

Does the big baby need a diaper change?

His work habits are awful. He likes his briefing papers short and with lots of pictures -- he does not like to read anything lengthy. He spends much of his day in "Executive Time", and much of that seems to be watching Fox & Friends and tweeting. To the point that some of his aides try to manipulate him by trying to manipulate F&F.

Obama spent much more time in the work of the Presidency than he did - 6 hours vs. 2 hours per day.

In another thread, I noted Rubenzer & Faschingbauer's work on the psychologies of the Presidents, and something that most of them had a lot of was the Big Five trait of conscientiousness. It contains diligence, orderliness, and rule-following, though I concede that I haven't seen any consensus on what facets the Big Five traits have. C'ness is positively correlated with academic and career success, so it is not surprising that people who get to some position with their own labors have a lot of c'ness. Like the US Presidency.

This makes low-c'ness Presidents an oddity. R&F name four: Warren Harding, JFK, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton. R&F make that judgment for JFK and BC because of those two presidents' love affairs, but I think that that excessively weights that part of their careers. WH I don't know much about, but RR joked about getting up at the crack of noon, and he liked his briefing papers short.

Barack Obama is high in c'ness, and outside the Presidency, I'd rate some other well-known politicians as high in c'ness: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Trump is apparently very low in c'ness. Like RR, he likes his briefing papers short, and he can be manipulated by his staffers deciding what documents to show him.

Deborah Birx’s praise of Trump raises questions about her credibility - Vox
Dr. Deborah Birx, a respected physician and experienced diplomat who seemingly serves as a voice of reason in her role as coordinator of the White House’s coronavirus task force, raised a lot of eyebrows on Thursday with her effusive praise of President Donald Trump as “attentive to the scientific literature and the details” during an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network.

“He’s been so attentive to the scientific literature and the details and the data,” Birx said. “I think his ability to analyze and integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit during these discussions about medical issues.”

Despite what Birx would have you believe, Trump has been pushing misleading and contradictory medical advice.
This reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life". In it, a boy named Anthony Fremont can read people's minds, and banish them to a certain cornfield. Everybody in his hometown lives in fear of him, always assuring how much they like what he does and what a good boy he is. Because if they don't, it's off to the cornfield.

So Trump is acting like Anthony Fremont to Drs. Anthony Fauci and Deborah Blix, making them fear being sent to the cornfield for displeasing him.

The cost of Trump’s deadly state of denial - The Washington Post
President Trump has been stumbling through a year of magical thinking. The consequences of this deadly state of denial have been catastrophic for pandemic victims and the U.S. economy.

As the former reality TV host trotted out these baseless remedies and delusional denials at his afternoon news conferences, 53,000 Americans died from a disease that did not go away miraculously in April. Instead, as former vice president Joe Biden predicted in January, Trump left America ill-prepared for the coming pandemic. Trump and Fox News’s Sean Hannity were still claiming in March that the press was overblowing a crisis that Hannity declared was being used to “bludgeon Trump again with this new hoax.” A month after the cable news host pushed out that obscene and dangerous disinformation, covid-19 killed more Americans on a single day in April than died in combat during the United States’ 19-year war in Afghanistan.

While the president’s supporters frantically search for errant predictions among Democrats or members of the press, their efforts are undercut by Trump himself, who insists on proving every night just how ill-suited he is for his job. The man he will likely be competing against in November’s election warned Americans months ago that the coronavirus would get worse. “To be blunt,” the presumptive Democratic nominee wrote in USA Today, “I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.”

I pointed out that Fox News is the only network with enough balls to DEMAND to know why wet markets exist in China and why they aren't shut down immediately. Other networks worship the Chinese and are too afraid to say something bad about them. "China is a good boy. They don't do nothin' bad!"
Strikes me as projection of Trump worship. In any case, the evidence for that contention is {}

No, Keith. A sociopath would be a person who believes that corporations should be taxed out of business, which leaves all the workers unemployed and starving. Evidence: this current shutdown of the economy.
Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo.

And where's Biden or Bernie during this pandemic? Oh, they're hiding in their basements with no advice to the American people. Trump is trying. The other 2 tucked their tails between their legs and ran.
Half-Life, stop watching Fox News. Try looking at what they are saying. It should be easy to find. They are much more realistic and reasonable about it than Trump is.

The context was that disinfectants kills the virus in around a minute. On hard surfaces. It would be great if something similar could be applied to the internals of a human body to cure the infection, not for people to ingest Dettol. Not in those exact words, but that's what the Trump meant!

Perhaps the Dems, as well as you lot would be better off if you went back to the Russian collusion hoax and the impeachment proceedings?

Well, I’m pondering just what Trump has to say for some people to say straight, “That is pretty fucking dumb.”

Just as dumb as saying Islamic terrorism has got nothing to do with Islam. Guess who?

Ohio state representative wants to prosecute Trump for 'crimes against humanity'
and
Ohio lawmaker says she'll press crimes against humanity charge against Trump over hydroxychloroquine promotion | TheHill
noting

HippieChick on Twitter: "So is the BLOTUS pushing this drug HYDROXYCHLOROQUIN in the hopes that IF it works, he will get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize? https://t.co/sVElPc4bUg" / Twitter
then
Go-Blue-44 on Twitter: "@kathy_markovich And an invitation to The Hague for crimes against humanity for pushing a drug that hasn’t been tested for coronavirus patients" / Twitter
then
Rep. Tavia Galonski on Twitter: "I can’t take it anymore. I’ve been to The Hague. I’m making a referral for crimes against humanity tomorrow. Today’s press conference was the last straw. I know the need for a prosecution referral when I see one. https://t.co/XQin24gqY4" / Twitter
7:03 PM · Apr 5, 2020

Tavia Galonski is an Ohio State Representative in the 35th District, parts of Summit County near Akron.

Ohio Democratic legislator wants Trump prosecuted for 'crimes against humanity' - Ohio Capital Journal
Just how Galonski planned to initiate this plan, the representative was not at first sure.

“I honestly have no idea,” Galonski told the Capital Journal on Sunday evening. “But how hard can it be?”

She said her plan was to find out on Monday the referral procedure for reporting an alleged crime against humanity to The Hague.
That is the International Criminal Court, named after its hometown in the Netherlands.

But I confess that I enjoy the thought of him facing such a court.

Ohio state representative wants to prosecute Trump for 'crimes against humanity'
and
Ohio lawmaker says she'll press crimes against humanity charge against Trump over hydroxychloroquine promotion | TheHill
noting

HippieChick on Twitter: "So is the BLOTUS pushing this drug HYDROXYCHLOROQUIN in the hopes that IF it works, he will get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize? https://t.co/sVElPc4bUg" / Twitter
then
Go-Blue-44 on Twitter: "@kathy_markovich And an invitation to The Hague for crimes against humanity for pushing a drug that hasn’t been tested for coronavirus patients" / Twitter
then
Rep. Tavia Galonski on Twitter: "I can’t take it anymore. I’ve been to The Hague. I’m making a referral for crimes against humanity tomorrow. Today’s press conference was the last straw. I know the need for a prosecution referral when I see one. https://t.co/XQin24gqY4" / Twitter
7:03 PM · Apr 5, 2020

Tavia Galonski is an Ohio State Representative in the 35th District, parts of Summit County near Akron.

Ohio Democratic legislator wants Trump prosecuted for 'crimes against humanity' - Ohio Capital Journal
Just how Galonski planned to initiate this plan, the representative was not at first sure.

“I honestly have no idea,” Galonski told the Capital Journal on Sunday evening. “But how hard can it be?”

She said her plan was to find out on Monday the referral procedure for reporting an alleged crime against humanity to The Hague.
That is the International Criminal Court, named after its hometown in the Netherlands.

But I confess that I enjoy the thought of him facing such a court.

The US is not a member, so Galonski has no standing.

The trump imposed travel restrictions in late January, China was quick to condemn the decision by appealing to WHO, which was in China's pocket already thanks to the head of WHO which Chinese government had a huge hand in appointing. WHO recommended against travel restrictions, the US rushed to go in the opposite direction, certainly not an act of good gesture of goodwill at best by the head honchos at WHO.

When the Trump announced the US withdrawal of WHO funding this month, he said the organisation's acceptance of CPP misinformation led to a probable 20 fold increase in COVID-19 cases around the world.
Within days of the US funding freeze, the CPP stepped in to reward the organisation [WHO] that had protected it from global scrutiny.

But all that has been turned upside down by the mainstream media and the left who are attempting to place the blame solely on the Trump administration. As someone put words into the mouth of a mythical Jesus. Let those who have eyes and ears hear and see .

Aren't you going to say where you copied all this from?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it

The context was that disinfectants kills the virus in around a minute. On hard surfaces. It would be great if something similar could be applied to the internals of a human body to cure the infection, not for people to ingest Dettol. Not in those exact words, but that's what the Trump meant!

Perhaps the Dems, as well as you lot would be better off if you went back to the Russian collusion hoax and the impeachment proceedings?

Well, I’m pondering just what Trump has to say for some people to say straight, “That is pretty fucking dumb.”

Just as dumb as saying Islamic terrorism has got nothing to do with Islam. Guess who?

And Irish catholic terrorism has got nothing to do with catholicism.

But we dare not risk assuming that this is true, so we must treat all catholics as probable terrorists. Including any self declared apostates - I mean, if they admit to being former residents of (or decended from residents of) a catholic nation, doubtless they are at the very least supportive of terrorism. Most probably.

Best we deport or intern them for the security of our country. Right?

The trump imposed travel restrictions in late January, China was quick to condemn the decision by appealing to WHO, which was in China's pocket already thanks to the head of WHO which Chinese government had a huge hand in appointing. WHO recommended against travel restrictions, the US rushed to go in the opposite direction, certainly not an act of good gesture of goodwill at best by the head honchos at WHO.

When the Trump announced the US withdrawal of WHO funding this month, he said the organisation's acceptance of CPP misinformation led to a probable 20 fold increase in COVID-19 cases around the world.
Within days of the US funding freeze, the CPP stepped in to reward the organisation [WHO] that had protected it from global scrutiny.

But all that has been turned upside down by the mainstream media and the left who are attempting to place the blame solely on the Trump administration. As someone put words into the mouth of a mythical Jesus. Let those who have eyes and ears hear and see .

Legally, this is a copyright violation.

Intellectually, it's incoherent garbage.

Back
Top Bottom