• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump won't visit UK unless they ban protests

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...-relationship-of-donald-trump-and-theresa-may

King Snowflake is sad that people in the UK are free to protest him, and now he refuses to visit unless they can promise him that there won't be any protests.

Does anyone remember when America was considered a beacon of democracy? The Cold War made liars of us when we actively toppled delicately elected governments around the world and replaced them with dictators, but this is a whole new level of hypocrisy by America.

So where are all the conservolibertarians screaming about free speech?

Is free speech only important when it's used to protect Nazis alt right free speech advocates indentitarians? Why can't others also have free speech?

Because, you know, there would be many good people among those demonstrators. And on both sides!! Both sides!!
I can't believe we're living through these times. England -- MERRY OLDE ENGLAND -- isn't a hospitable place for our C-in-C to visit. Jesus Christ. The Orange Torrent will never cease deranging our standards.

Why would conservatives HERE scream about free speech THERE?

Our Constitution doesn't project rights onto non-citizens living abroad.

If anything, this shows the power of TRUMP's freedom, to not go someplace that doesn't make him feel welcome.

Indeed. I don't often see people in America complaining about free speech in Saudi Arabia, other than as a counterexample to show its worse somewhere else. Why would they complain about frees speech in England? Your laws I would imagine only deal with free speech within the USA. What this does do is show Trump to be weak, fragile, and easily provoked. That's the bigger story here.

King Snowflake is sad that people in the UK are free to protest him, and now he refuses to visit unless they can promise him that there won't be any protests.

Meh. Give him a dose of his own medicine: promise him there will be no protests, then release the hounds!

Indeed. I don't often see people in America complaining about free speech in Saudi Arabia, other than as a counterexample to show its worse somewhere else. Why would they complain about frees speech in England? Your laws I would imagine only deal with free speech within the USA. What this does do is show Trump to be weak, fragile, and easily provoked. That's the bigger story here.

How is that a bigger story? I could get it being a bigger story if it contained some kind of new information about Trump, but a bigger story would be "Trump not provoked by insult. Shows a minimal level of maturity that one would expect from an eight year old". That would be some fucking breaking news.

Foreign leaders who visit the U.S. have never asked for that and we'd laugh them into staying away if they did.

This speaks yet another volume about what Trump thinks of free speech.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...-relationship-of-donald-trump-and-theresa-may

Does anyone remember when America was considered a beacon of democracy? The Cold War made liars of us when we actively toppled delicately elected governments around the world and replaced them with dictators, but this is a whole new level of hypocrisy by America.

Is free speech only important when it's used to protect Nazis alt right free speech advocates indentitarians? Why can't others also have free speech?

The article didn't actually say Trump won't visit UK unless they ban protests

It says

In one phone conversation during 2017, Trump complained to May over the criticism he’d been getting in British newspapers. Amid warnings that Trump would face protests in the streets when he arrived, he told the prime minister he would not be coming to the U.K. until she could promise him a warm welcome.

What this does do is show Trump to be weak, fragile, and easily provoked. That's the bigger story here.
Since that has been known by any sentient person months before the election, it is not news at all.

His election certainly easily provoked some who can be described as he was depicted.

What this does do is show Trump to be weak, fragile, and easily provoked. That's the bigger story here.
Since that has been known by any sentient person months before the election, it is not news at all.

His election certainly easily provoked some who can be described as he was depicted.
Those people do not have their finger on the nuclear button. You need to do better with your Trumphilia.

What kind of person is NOT provoked by this vapid con man clown becoming our President?

Oh, wait, I remember. It's right wing authoritarian followers.

WP, I dare you to read the ebook linked in my sig. Do you have the courage?

Dear Donald "POTUS" Trump,
I'm sure there are some really nice people at the demos against you, on both sides of the Atlantic.
--jab

Can we have protests in Washington? Perhaps keep His Flatulence away from the White House so his ability to mess up is limited.

Can we have protests in Washington? Perhaps keep His Flatulence away from the White House so his ability to mess up is limited.

I am led to wonder how it is possible that you do not already have protests in Washington.

I presume it is because of "more important things", just past, current, and future eg: the Grammies, Superbowl, the Oscars, whole seasons of NBA, NFL, MLB, and other 'circuses', whilst there is enough 'bread' left in the US to have mobs of Hispanics and other forriners, trying to get in, and Canada, China and Mexico "robbing the US" in trade, and many, many people agreeing openly or secretly with what Trump says and does, and threatens to do about all that, some wishing perhaps that he'd do it a little differently. And the freedom, so far, of the media and Hollywood and the social media, to criticize and complain... and for God's sake it is still cold even in Washington, and the Superbowl is on Sunday anyway...

I am led to wonder how it is possible that you do not already have protests in Washington.

I presume it is because of "more important things", just past, current, and future eg: the Grammies, Superbowl, the Oscars, whole seasons of NBA, NFL, MLB, and other 'circuses', whilst there is enough 'bread' left in the US to have mobs of Hispanics and other forriners, trying to get in, and Canada, China and Mexico "robbing the US" in trade, and many, many people agreeing openly or secretly with what Trump says and does, and threatens to do about all that, some wishing perhaps that he'd do it a little differently. And the freedom, so far, of the media and Hollywood and the social media, to criticize and complain... and for God's sake it is still cold even in Washington, and the Superbowl is on Sunday anyway...
Or you know.....work. Many of us have to do that to live.

Or you know.....work. Many of us have to do that to live.

Yes, that too. And don't think that Canadians are much different, and it is not without some envy that I, as an Eastern European immigrant to Canada, look around me in N.America and see that most working people are so well-off here, most lacking only the full Social Security that most EU countries have and that Trump & Co are trying to prevent from being the accepted norm in the US, and to roll back if possible.

But still, I do not think that Canadians would have ever voted in such a cunning, sly, Trumpeting arsehole as the Don to be the head man and Commander in Chief.

Back
Top Bottom