• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump’s Dictatorship, what will it actually look like?

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Time and time again a few posters on here bang on about how Trump will act as a dictator. Such hyperbole I say as specific examples are never given.

So what will this dictatorship actually look like? How will I be impacted by the evil orange man with the goofy barnett.

Last edited:
what will this dictatorship actually look like?
You will notice it in Santa Monica about as much as you notice climate change.
In the short term your City/County goobermint might get replaced, but probably mostly not; it’s a bluish area, so it might take some gerrymandering and a few years for Trump’s thugs run them out of town.
The loss of America’s standing in the world isn’t likely to effect you personally for several years. Meanwhile you should have no problem maintaining your current level of blissful ignorance about Trump’s malevolence, and when it comes to fruition you can (will) blame the stupid Dems.

as specific examples are never given
There's plenty of specific examples. You just avoid seeing them.

Trump wants to have Lynn Cheney and the rest of the J6 committee arrested, charged with treason, and tried in a military tribunal, for starters.

He wants to be a dictator but only for the first day in office. When has a dictator ever voluntarily just stopped being a dictator?

Last edited:
Time and time again a few posters on here bang on about how Trump will act as a dictator. Such hyperbole I say as specific examples are never given.

So what will this dictatorship actually look like? How will I be impacted by the evil orange man with the goofy barnett.
There's already a thread on this;

But if you want specific examples, a nation wide abortion ban shrouded under the guise of "states rights", the elimination of the Department of Education and the removal of public servants to be replaced completely by partisan hacks (see section F in the Project 2025 plan).

I answered this before. Here is almost a blueprint.

Will it occur exactly like this? Probably not. But so far everything he said has been prescient. With the assassination attempt it will give him more leverage. Now we have a Supreme Court that has granted him immunity for his actions. It’s insane.

I got half way through that TDS diatribe before I gave up. It was written long before Trump won the nomination.

Specifics are thin on the ground, unhinged rants are all I have seen.

Specifics are thin on the ground, unhinged rants are all I have seen.
Get it straight from the horse's mouth:

https://www.project2025.org/

Oh, wait, they're afraid to spell it out.
You have to BUY a BOOK (900 pages) to find out what they are actually planning.

Why do you think that is?
I couldn't possibly be because the people who have waded through it are so alarmed that even Donal Trump denies having anything to do with it even though it's all his past employees and supporters who put it together and buried it in 900 pages of bullshit..

Trump actual SAYS: “I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous"

So... never heard of it, knows nothing about it but knows he disagrees with "some" of it and passes judgment on it.
How can that be?
Oh right, he's just a liar.
He either does or does not know anything about Project 2025 - it can'[t be both.
And since it's a bunch of his guys, his feigned ignorance rings pretty hollow.

If you actually dared learn about it you could, but you'd call anyone who reads it, "unhinged".
Give it a try. Here;'s a partial synopsis:

Project 2025 does not directly suggest a federal ban on abortion. But it does recommend that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) should no longer consider abortion a form of health care and considerably limit access to other reproductive care.

Project 2025 authors recommend establishing federal policies that would limit access to contraception, restrict access to abortion and eliminate federal funding to healthcare providers who perform abortions. The initiative also proposes new directives that would allow more employers to opt out of birth control coverage as part of insurance plans.

Project 2025 recommends defunding Planned Parenthood and similar organizations, and disqualifying Planned Parenthood from Medicaid and federal grant programs. It also recommends limiting access to Plan B, and prohibiting pharmacies from distributing abortion medication.

According to an analysis by the Center for American Progress (CAP), a left-leaning think tank, if Project 2025 were enacted, nearly 48 million women of reproductive age would lose guaranteed no-cost access to emergency contraception.

Homeland security, immigration and the border wall

Project 2025’s plan re-enacts Trump-era policies regarding border enforcement, detention for kids and families in tent cities, deportations and building the border wall.

It also calls for the dismantling of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the creation of the “Border Security and Immigration Agency,” among other reorganized departments. The plan says this new agency would direct customs officers to take into custody any undocumented person who has records of felonies, crimes of violence, DUIs, or “any other crime that is considered a national security” threat.

This would require congressional approval. The Constitution says Congress holds the legislative power to create new offices, but the president would still retain some authority to appoint figures in those offices.

Project 2025 calls for the end of the Flores Settlement Agreement, which outlines protection and standard of care for immigrant children while in U.S. custody. Instead, the plan says Congress should focus on setting new nationwide terms, which would allow for temporary housing and detainment facilities, including tents, which are not currently allowed.

RELATED: Claim about Coors, Walmart and Exxon’s ties to Heritage Foundation and Project 2025 need context

Taxes and the IRS

Project 2025 reimagines the tax system in the United States. It recommends replacing the current tax code with either a flat 15% or 30% income tax rate on individuals, and an unspecified standard deduction. The U.S. currently has seven federal income tax brackets, with rates of 10%, 12%, 22%, 24%, 32%, 35% and 37%.

The plan recommends taxing all capital gains and dividends at 15%, and cutting corporate income tax rates from 20% to 18%. Other taxes for multinational corporations would also be repealed or reduced.

The Constitution gives Congress the power to tax, which means any changes to the tax code would have to be conducted through congressional legislation.

Project 2025 proposes increasing the number of political appointees to the IRS while reducing the staff and freezing the budget. It also calls for the abolishment of the Federal Reserve.

‘MAGA loyalists’ in administration

Project 2025 proposes that there is a legal path to allow for the firing of as many as 50,000 federal employees that may not be considered “conservative” enough.

Project 2025 recommends reinstating Schedule F — a Trump-era executive order that would reclassify tens of thousands of the two million federal employees as essentially at-will workers who could more easily be fired. Trump signed the executive order toward the end of his term and it was rescinded after President Joe Biden took office.

On April 4, 2024, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), which manages federal workers, issued an order making it harder for any president to make loyalty hires. Changing this rule would take several months.

The positions would be filled with people previously vetted for conservative credentials and included in a database, referred to by the Heritage Foundation as the “Conservative LinkedIn.”

The Tax Policy Center says some of the Project 2025 plans outlined would, more broadly, “centralize control of the federal bureaucracy in the White House, freeze hiring, and give the president broad authority to fire federal workers.”

On July 2, during an interview with Real America’s Voice, a far-right news outlet, Heritage Foundation Director Kevin Roberts referenced Project 2025 and the process of “taking the country back” from the “radical left.”

"We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless if the left allows it to be,” Roberts said in the interview.

Education and schools

Project 2025 authors recommend that the Department of Education be completely eliminated in order to “empower students and families, not government.”

There is no recommendation for public schools to be eliminated, a claim some VERIFY readers asked us about, but federal and state lawmakers are encouraged to pass legislation that would allow parents to determine curriculum.

Project 2025 recommends that critical race theory and gender ideology should be removed from every public school in the country.

It also urges state and federal lawmakers to pass legislation that would give parents the right to sue for damages if their children are being taught something without prior consent.

Project 2025 advocates for federal legislation that could prohibit schools from using names and pronouns that do not match the student’s sex assigned at birth without a parent's consent.

VERIFY didn’t find any specific reference that advocates for arming teachers in Project 2025’s blueprint, as a meme implied. However, the Heritage Foundation has been a long-time advocate of school safety initiatives that promote having armed resource officers.

Project 2025 and the U.S. Constitution

The Project 2025 plan doesn’t mention changing the Constitution and the authors argue they share a strong commitment to upholding and adhering to the Constitution. The plan calls for getting the U.S. government “back to something resembling the original Constitutional intent” through a smaller, limited government.

In fact, because of the way the Constitution established the federal government, not all recommendations in Project 2025 can be made unilaterally and without oversight.

An executive order by the president does have significant authority, but it doesn’t give the president the power to override laws or bypass Congress. Executive orders can also be challenged in court. Through the system of checks and balances, the judicial branch of the government can strike down executive orders that are found to be unconstitutional or beyond the president’s authority.

A president, in most cases, also doesn’t have the authority to make presidential appointments without oversight. According to the American Constitution Society, top-level, senior positions that include the heads of most major agencies require Senate approval. Presidential appointments that don’t require Senate approval are positions within the Executive Office of the President that includes White House aides, advisors and key assistants.

It says things to the effect that an executive order by the president doesn’t give the president the power to override laws or bypass Congress. Take comfort in the fact that SCOTUS JUST TOOK CARE OF THAT LITTLE INCONVENIENCE!
Do you hold any CDs, @TSwizzle? These clowns want to do away with the Fed, which will mean no more FDIC insurance. And banks will be de-regulated so they can pump and dump more easily at your expense.
Just a couple of minor tidbits. How do you like it so far?

Last edited:
He will ruin the economy, make our people stupider (a heavy lift, that), imperil our interests globally and if he lives long enough, oversee the abolition of representative government and complete evisceration of personal rights. Mmm, sounds great.

Trump actual SAYS: “I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous"

So... never heard of it, knows nothing about it but knows he disagrees with "some" of it and passes judgment on it.
How can that be?
Oh right, he's just a liar.
He either does or does not know anything about Project 2025 - it can'[t be both.
And since it's a bunch of his guys, his feigned ignorance rings pretty hollow.
Correct me if I am wrong but Project 2025 is not (nor ever has been) the Trump platform. Trump definitely did not write 2025 and AFIK was written up by conservative donors. In any case, its reasonable to assume Trump might actually be telling the truth not in knowing or agreeing with any part or all of it. Nor would Trump even need to pretend to agree with Project 2025 since he is filthy rich himself and not dependent on campaign contributions. Which means Project 2025 has nothing to do with Trump other than the Trump supreme court being more conservative on interpretation of the law. Which might help somehow implement a more conservative platform.

In any case, the POTUS is just the executive branch and the Constitution is still the Constitution despite how it is not adhered to these days. So the POTUS can only go as far as the Constitution will allow.

With our current checks and balances, I don't see how any platform Trump (or anyone else for that matter) proposes in anyway answers the question proposed by the OP.

He will ruin the economy, make our people stupider (a heavy lift, that), imperil our interests globally and if he lives long enough, oversee the abolition of representative government and complete evisceration of personal rights. Mmm, sounds great.
That's still not becoming a dictator. To do all that the 3 branches still all have to agree to it.

So you do believe this Project 2025 fan fiction, but prefer to ignore fan fiction from neocon think tanks where they describe in details how they want to start war with China and Russia?

Trump will be as ineffective this time as he was the last time. He does not want to do all that boring stuff, he wants parades and glory.

So you do believe this Project 2025 fan fiction, but prefer to ignore fan fiction from neocon think tanks where they describe in details how they want to start war with China and Russia?

Trump will be as ineffective this time as he was the last time. He does not want to do all that boring stuff, he wants parades and glory.
Huh?

Huh?
Exacty!

Back
Top Bottom