• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump’s Dictatorship, what will it actually look like?

Correct me if I am wrong but Project 2025 is not (nor ever has been) the Trump platform. Trump definitely did not write 2025 and AFIK was written up by conservative donors. In any case, its reasonable to assume Trump might actually be telling the truth not in knowing or agreeing with any part or all of it. Nor would Trump even need to pretend to agree with Project 2025 since he is filthy rich himself and not dependent on campaign contributions. Which means Project 2025 has nothing to do with Trump other than the Trump supreme court being more conservative on interpretation of the law. Which might help somehow implement a more conservative platform.

In any case, the POTUS is just the executive branch and the Constitution is still the Constitution despite how it is not adhered to these days. So the POTUS can only go as far as the Constitution will allow.

With our current checks and balances, I don't see how any platform Trump (or anyone else for that matter) proposes in anyway answers the question proposed by the OP.
He's disavowing Project 2025--but his Agenda 47 is just Project 2025 with some more evil thrown in.

And what checks and balances? SCOTUS has said he can do basically anything. Checks and balances don't work when he has the power to tell the people involved not to do it. This will be a palace coup--subverted from within, not taken by outside force. And SCOTUS seems willing to pretty much rubber stamp anything the Heritage Foundation wants.

If you hire a Nazi who you know is a Nazi to a major position in your cabinet, you cannot then convincingly say "but I wasn't aware of their platform as such", when that platform is common knowledge readily accesible. Investigating the known, public political goals of those you appoint to high office is a minimal responsibility of any leader. Even if I believed for some reason that Trump is genuinely unaware of the explicitly Christian theocratic project shared by nearly all of his staff, that would be further proof to me of his fundamental inadequacy for the presidency.

If you hire a Nazi who you know is a Nazi to a major position in your cabinet, you cannot then convincingly say "but I wasn't aware of their platform as such", when that platform is common knowledge readily accesible. Investigating the known, public political goals of those you appoint to high office is a minimal responsibility of any leader. Even if I believed for some reason that Trump is genuinely unaware of the explicitly Christian theocratic project shared by nearly all of his staff, that would be further proof to me of his fundamental inadequacy for the presidency.

What on earth are you blathering about?

Trump pretending he hasn't heard of Project 2025.

Trump pretending he hasn't heard of Project 2025.

More unhinged TDS nonsense.

There's already a thread on this;
So you do believe this Project 2025 fan fiction, but prefer to ignore fan fiction from neocon think tanks where they describe in details how they want to start war with China and Russia?

Trump will be as ineffective this time as he was the last time. He does not want to do all that boring stuff, he wants parades and glory.
Derail.

Trump actual SAYS: “I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous"

So... never heard of it, knows nothing about it but knows he disagrees with "some" of it and passes judgment on it.
How can that be?
Oh right, he's just a liar.
He either does or does not know anything about Project 2025 - it can'[t be both.
And since it's a bunch of his guys, his feigned ignorance rings pretty hollow.
Correct me if I am wrong but Project 2025 is not (nor ever has been) the Trump platform. Trump definitely did not write 2025 and AFIK was written up by conservative donors. In any case, its reasonable to assume Trump might actually be telling the truth not in knowing or agreeing with any part or all of it. Nor would Trump even need to pretend to agree with Project 2025 since he is filthy rich himself and not dependent on campaign contributions. Which means Project 2025 has nothing to do with Trump other than the Trump supreme court being more conservative on interpretation of the law. Which might help somehow implement a more conservative platform.

In any case, the POTUS is just the executive branch and the Constitution is still the Constitution despite how it is not adhered to these days. So the POTUS can only go as far as the Constitution will allow.

With our current checks and balances, I don't see how any platform Trump (or anyone else for that matter) proposes in anyway answers the question proposed by the OP.
Okay, your wrong. Here's your correction.

Who is behind Project 2025?​

The plan was created and released by the Heritage Foundation think tank.

Some of the people involved in Project 2025 are former senior administration officials. The project’s director is Paul Dans, who served as chief of staff at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management under Trump. Trump's campaign spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt was featured in one of Project 2025's videos.

John McEntee, a former director of the White House Presidential Personnel Office in the Trump administration, is a senior adviser. McEntee told the conservative news site The Daily Wire earlier this year that Project 2025's team would integrate a lot of its work with the campaign after the summer when Trump would announce his transition team.

A key Trump ally, Russ Vought, who contributed to Project 2025 and is drafting a final pillar of the plan, is also on the Republican National Committee’s platform writing committee.
And Trump lied when he said he didn't know anything about it.

Besides Project 2025 as well as how I have already answered the question, there's also HOW Twitler is willing to come to power in the first place. He's willing to lie, create violence, in such a way that inspires a coup which he already took part in. IF the election was extremely close with Biden winning, Trump again would claim things were rigged and there would again be violence.

IF the election was extremely close with Biden winning, Trump again would claim things were rigged and there would again be violence.
Huh?
Trump has ALREADY claimed the ‘24 election is ALREADY rigged, just like he claimed about the 2016 & 2020 elections.
There is no “close”!
IF BIDEN WINS TRUMP WILL TRY TO INCITE VIOLENCE AND CONGRESSIONAL REPUBLICANS WILL TRY TO OVERTURN IT.
Regardless of the margin of his loss.

At this point all the Republican congressmen are kompromatted, and can be effectively terminated at the whim of a mob boss. Sans a blue wave in Congress this nation is well and truly fucked, probably forever.

IF the election was extremely close with Biden winning, Trump again would claim things were rigged and there would again be violence.
Huh?
Trump has ALREADY claimed the ‘24 election is ALREADY rigged, just like he claimed about the 2016 & 2020 elections.
There is no “close”!
IF BIDEN WINS TRUMP WILL TRY TO INCITE VIOLENCE AND CONGRESSIONAL REPUBLICANS WILL TRY TO OVERTURN IT.
Regardless of the margin of his loss.

We can disagree on this, but it's not worth energy. It's only theoretical since Biden demolishing Trump is no longer a possibility.

We can disagree on this, but it's not worth energy.
True, IMO.
It's only theoretical since Biden demolishing Trump is no longer a possibility.
DISAGREE.
Distant though it may be, it’s still a possibility. And there are lots of 20 yr old wackadoodles still on the loose…
Can you see a Biden vs Vance contest?
I'd rather not but thanks anyway.

Why can't you lot pick/select/elect/craft/draft/brew/manufacture/build/assemble/create/dig up some half decent candidates who are not raving idiots or are just too frail, stubborn to be suitable for a whole term?

We can disagree on this, but it's not worth energy.
True, IMO.
It's only theoretical since Biden demolishing Trump is no longer a possibility.
DISAGREE.
Distant though it may be, it’s still a possibility. And there are lots of 20 yr old wackadoodles still on the loose…
Can you see a Biden vs Vance contest?
I'd rather not but thanks anyway.

Why can't you lot pick/select/elect/craft/draft/brew/manufacture/build/assemble/create/dig up some half decent candidates who are not raving idiots or are just too frail, stubborn to be suitable for a whole term?
I DO nominate the best people. The very finest people, believe me! It’s the OTHERS who nominate complete douchebags. It’s true. Ask anyone.

My previous reply got somewhat overtaken by events.

Note the dismissal of the classified documents case on the grounds that special prosecutors are unconstitutional. That's what happens to your supposed "checks"--they mean nothing if they aren't enforced.

Back
Top Bottom