• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Executive Order Calls for Concentration Camps for Undocumented Immigrants

In his defense, if you are planning to deport a million people, you need to house them before put in a catapult and flung over our yuuuuuuuge wall. You can't use existing prisons, schools, arenas, Trump Hotels.

Of course, I think the bigger issue isn't housing, it is courthouses. Doesn't there need to be a hearing?

Why can't they be put up in Trump hotels? Just jack up the price of the rooms 1000% and have the government pay the bills.
Stop giving Trump excellent ideas!

Seems unneeded, given that we already have them around the country.

...what, y'all didn't know?

What for defining these terms as given in the dictionary?

No, for your attention to spin. "A detention centre by definition is not a concentration camp." lovely. It would be a shame if someone was to point out that a concentration camp, by definition, is a detention centre. That wouldn't fit your narrative at all.

And for your devotion to treating criticism of your ugliest claims - "It makes sense to place illegal entrants into detention centres." - as though it were criticism of the less important parts of your statements - "A detention centre by definition is not a concentration camp.". A lovely bit of misdirection, that is. Herr Goebbels himself could barely have done better.

For the record, it doesn't even make sense to worry much about immigrants of any kind; Nor does it make sense to divide them into 'legal' vs 'illegal'. And it most assuredly does make sense to let people be free, unless and until you have reason to believe that they pose a danger to others, or they have been convicted of a crime in a court of law.

Sorry for not redefining the English language to mean what you think.
Do you know why some migrants are classed as legal and some are not?

If they came in legally no problem. What this may not show are the illegals. Focusing on illegals who are drug pushers, and criminals it's a good idea to throw these bums out. This is what happens in other countries.
The US has got enough poor of its own has it not. There is also a Green Card which someone can eventually get.

No, for your attention to spin. "A detention centre by definition is not a concentration camp." lovely. It would be a shame if someone was to point out that a concentration camp, by definition, is a detention centre. That wouldn't fit your narrative at all.

And for your devotion to treating criticism of your ugliest claims - "It makes sense to place illegal entrants into detention centres." - as though it were criticism of the less important parts of your statements - "A detention centre by definition is not a concentration camp.". A lovely bit of misdirection, that is. Herr Goebbels himself could barely have done better.

For the record, it doesn't even make sense to worry much about immigrants of any kind; Nor does it make sense to divide them into 'legal' vs 'illegal'. And it most assuredly does make sense to let people be free, unless and until you have reason to believe that they pose a danger to others, or they have been convicted of a crime in a court of law.

Yes, I do. It's a hangover from the First World War, when governments decided it was necessary to restrict personal freedom in the name of military security.

Of course, I understand that freedom isn't important to you. You've made that very clear. But it is important, whether you consider it to be or not.

I'm willing to bet that you had no clue that general restrictions on international travel were such a recent idea. But even the idea of having to identify yourself when entering a country (much less having to get a visa in advance) is only a century old.

Yes, I do. It's a hangover from the First World War, when governments decided it was necessary to restrict personal freedom in the name of military security.

Of course, I understand that freedom isn't important to you. You've made that very clear. But it is important, whether you consider it to be or not.

I'm willing to bet that you had no clue that general restrictions on international travel were such a recent idea. But even the idea of having to identify yourself when entering a country (much less having to get a visa in advance) is only a century old.

A detention centre could turn into a concentration camp like in the Boer war as created by the British in 1902. As for Gas, very unlikely. There is also the possibly be problems of overcrowding at times and possible abuse.

A detention centre could turn into a concentration camp like in the Boer war as created by the British in 1902. As for Gas, very unlikely. There is also the possibly be problems of overcrowding at times and possible abuse.

It always gladdens my heart when your responses to my posts have nothing at all to do with what I said.

It's a very clear indication that you accept that your position was wrong, and that mine was right.

Of course, a civilised person would simply concede the point, rather than changing the subject. But we can't all be civilised, I guess.

It always gladdens my heart when your responses to my posts have nothing at all to do with what I said.

It's a very clear indication that you accept that your position was wrong, and that mine was right.

Of course, a civilised person would simply concede the point, rather than changing the subject. But we can't all be civilised, I guess.

This is a direct response to clarify exactly what a concentration camp is.

How long will people be in these camps due to the impossibility of orderly and speedy trials because the court systems will be clogged with these cases?

This is a direct response to clarify exactly what a concentration camp is.

So what did they call them in China, or have you forgotten that is where you are from?

Well, OK, he's calling them detention facilities. But that's exactly what they are, Concentration camps.
You do realize that Pres. Obama's ICE operated 'detention facilities'? I'm sure Pres. Shrub did as well, along with Pres. Clinton; Pres Bush; Pres. Reagan....

There have been lots of problems with detention facilities, like crowding, treatment, and privatization. Now, I'm sure Don the Con won't care about humane treatment, but freaking about the actual construction a few more facilities seems to be a bit out of whack...

Well, OK, he's calling them detention facilities. But that's exactly what they are, Concentration camps.
You do realize that Pres. Obama's ICE operated 'detention facilities'? I'm sure Pres. Shrub did as well, along with Pres. Clinton; Pres Bush; Pres. Reagan....

There have been lots of problems with detention facilities, like crowding, treatment, and privatization. Now, I'm sure Don the Con won't care about humane treatment, but freaking about the actual construction a few more facilities seems to be a bit out of whack...

How many more do you think we will need? If we can "house" say 10,000 detainees in one facility, will 1000 more be enough to handle the 11 million "illegals" that Trump wishes to purge? Maybe another 1000 for the people who protest the first 1000?
I'd say that once we have enough for 4-5 million people we will be 'safe'. Of course whoever remains will have to re-invade Iraq and take their oil to pay for the construction and operation of these facilities. Or we could reduce costs by just gassing whoever ends up in them...

How many more do you think we will need? If we can "house" say 10,000 detainees in one facility, will 1000 more be enough to handle the 11 million "illegals" that Trump wishes to purge? Maybe another 1000 for the people who protest the first 1000?
I'd say that once we have enough for 4-5 million people we will be 'safe'. Of course whoever remains will have to re-invade Iraq and take their oil to pay for the construction and operation of these facilities. Or we could reduce costs by just gassing whoever ends up in them...
11 million?! Jesus! Democrats could only mobilize less than 50% of them to vote Clinton illegally?

That is a strange question in reaction to what I wrote. My views on illegal immigration do not match with FFvC's. I wasn't defending his order, I was pointing out the hyperventilating over, what is in reality, an order to expand what we have had for decades. So if they are going to be called concentration camps that FFvC has order constructed, then former Pres. Obama operated concentration camps.

As usual for FFvC, his EO's are Yuge on hype, and very small on details. The ICE can hardly build (or contract for) significant new facilities without the Congressional Critters first providing additional funding. Just like they can't hire a bunch more border patrol agents without a budget to support it.

The problem is anyone can enter Europe and even when they refuse to give an ID they are let in.

Of course we should not have invaded Iraq in the first place but that is already done. I think the priority would be to throw out criminals and drug pushers while seeking to secure the borders against mass migration from failed states. The US shouldn't be taking in illegal Mexicans just because their country is in a mess. It does have a system of programs which enable many to become a citizen. Besides, the US should be looking after its own poor people.

There is also an obligation to protect refugees and asylum seekers.

Of course we should not have invaded Iraq in the first place but that is already done. I think the priority would be to throw out criminals and drug pushers while seeking to secure the borders against mass migration from failed states. The US shouldn't be taking in illegal Mexicans just because their country is in a mess. It does have a system of programs which enable many to become a citizen. Besides, the US should be looking after its own poor people.

Obviously the US should be relinquishing all control to some scientologist Russian puppet instead of the non-scientologist Russian puppet who now rules the land with his tiny iron fist.

Of course we should not have invaded Iraq in the first place but that is already done. I think the priority would be to throw out criminals and drug pushers while seeking to secure the borders against mass migration from failed states. The US shouldn't be taking in illegal Mexicans just because their country is in a mess.
You are aware that most illegals crossing into the US are not from Mexico, but rather Central America... and typically the areas the drug cartels are causing havoc.
It does have a system of programs which enable many to become a citizen. Besides, the US should be looking after its own poor people.
Yeah. :laughing-smiley-014

And cut Medicaid too!

How in the world do you keep your jaw attach to your skull? You didn't talk out of both sides of your mouth, but rather, all the way around your head.

That is a strange question in reaction to what I wrote. My views on illegal immigration do not match with FFvC's. I wasn't defending his order, I was pointing out the hyperventilating over, what is in reality, an order to expand what we have had for decades. So if they are going to be called concentration camps that FFvC has order constructed, then former Pres. Obama operated concentration camps.

As usual for FFvC, his EO's are Yuge on hype, and very small on details. The ICE can hardly build (or contract for) significant new facilities without the Congressional Critters first providing additional funding. Just like they can't hire a bunch more border patrol agents without a budget to support it.
And housing 1 million people isn't exactly something you just build a couple camps for, forget several million. It'll take more police, more courts, and a lot of buildings, it'd take a few years just to get the infrastructure designed, then a few more to build it.

Back
Top Bottom