• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Executive Order Calls for Concentration Camps for Undocumented Immigrants

That is a strange question in reaction to what I wrote. My views on illegal immigration do not match with FFvC's. I wasn't defending his order, I was pointing out the hyperventilating over, what is in reality, an order to expand what we have had for decades. So if they are going to be called concentration camps that FFvC has order constructed, then former Pres. Obama operated concentration camps.

As usual for FFvC, his EO's are Yuge on hype, and very small on details. The ICE can hardly build (or contract for) significant new facilities without the Congressional Critters first providing additional funding. Just like they can't hire a bunch more border patrol agents without a budget to support it.
And housing 1 million people isn't exactly something you just build a couple camps for, forget several million. It'll take more police, more courts, and a lot of buildings, it'd take a few years just to get the infrastructure designed, then a few more to build it.

Lucky for me that my Company is perfectly positioned, as a supplier with a 5-year agreement with DHS, ICE, CBP, FLETC, USSS, USCG etc. that requires them to purchase certain items from either us or one of the other 2 entities that are signatories to that agreement, eh? Go ahead, Lumpy - triple the ICE budget, add 5000 CBP agents, boost patrols by USCG - it's all good for MEEEEEEEE!

I'm about to say fuckit, and hand this operation over to someone who actually wants to serve the oppressive system that Bannon is trying to institute.

I read somewhere there is one other issue. Texas. While a good portion of the US border with Mexico is along the Gadsden Purchase (which the US Government paid Mexico a long while ago), Texas was it's own nation and joined the US... which means a good portion, if not all of the border is not Federal property. Which means Eminent Domain to build a wall, roadways, and large enough facilities to house millions of illegals and the staff to house them.

I've been pretty much a social liberal/economic moderate most of my life and I've felt that the guest worker program should be expanded by 5x to 7x what is allowed now with a "pathway to citizenship". However, for those that cross the boarder "without signing the guest book", they should have no "pathway to citizenship" and we should know who they are.

Later,
ElectEngr

I read somewhere there is one other issue. Texas. While a good portion of the US border with Mexico is along the Gadsden Purchase (which the US Government paid Mexico a long while ago), Texas was it's own nation and joined the US... which means a good portion, if not all of the border is not Federal property. Which means Eminent Domain to build a wall, roadways, and large enough facilities to house millions of illegals and the staff to house them.

Does "the border" consist of acreage, or is it a line between countries?
I do wonder what the land-owner/ranchers who have been largely doing their own border enforcement, will think of the Donny and Steve Show if they seize their land to build a wall...

The previous administration's policy of "catch and release" was a laughable failure. This just ensures that when illegals are given a hearing date - they actually show up.

Garcia, the shelter director, acknowledged that if Trump was finally successful in opening thousands more detention spaces for families, that would slow the numbers coming.

"The word would spread that the probability they will be locked up and put on a plane had become much higher," Garcia said. Central Americans are usually deported from the United States on flights back to their home countries.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mexico-immigration-idUSKBN15A2WE

But, by all means, continue with the Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Wait, "more detention spaces"? Who built the other ones?

Yes, I do. It's a hangover from the First World War, when governments decided it was necessary to restrict personal freedom in the name of military security.

Of course, I understand that freedom isn't important to you. You've made that very clear. But it is important, whether you consider it to be or not.

I'm willing to bet that you had no clue that general restrictions on international travel were such a recent idea. But even the idea of having to identify yourself when entering a country (much less having to get a visa in advance) is only a century old.

The problem is anyone can enter Europe and even when they refuse to give an ID they are let in.

That's untrue.

But if it were true, it wouldn't be so much a 'problem', as a 'return to the normality that existed for 900 of the last 1,000 years'.

The problem is anyone can enter Europe and even when they refuse to give an ID they are let in.

That's untrue.

But if it were true, it wouldn't be so much a 'problem', as a 'return to the normality that existed for 900 of the last 1,000 years'.

It happened and Merkel let them continue in unprecedented numbers. I was in Italy (Milan) when they refused to produce ID or provide finger prints.. Some refused to give their nationality and quite a few refused to give birth dates (a way of tracking ID).

They continued from Italy to Germany. Only a few stayed. Some are genuine refugees and asylum seekers and some are economic migrants (without employment contracts).

What a fucking fucktard we've elected. Fuck him. If he does this, I hope ordinary citizens stand up and stop this bullshit.

That's actually important. He's just doing exactly what he said. The problem isn't Trump and his evil. The problem is Americans and their evil black hearts. They elected the fucker. It's democracy. There's no squirming out of this one. The entire nation is to blame.

I do wonder what the land-owner/ranchers who have been largely doing their own border enforcement, will think of the Donny and Steve Show if they seize their land to build a wall...

Given this is the USA I am sure they would be compensated.

We are talking about Texas where the idea of eminent domain is a four letter word.

We are talking about Texas where the idea of eminent domain is a four letter word.

Zackly. I nominate WP to be the one to ride into a spread and inform Mr. Rancher that "we're taking your land". I bet he'd get a very swift and painful education.

Zackly. I nominate WP to be the one to ride into a spread and inform Mr. Rancher that "we're taking your land". I bet he'd get a very swift and painful education.
Compensation amounts are always negotiable.

Mass migration is definitely a problem. And when it occurred in the past, it was always a disaster for the host society.

But since it is politically incorrect to be against mass migration from 3rd world countries (especially Islamic ones, the very top of the progressive stack) we must allow it to happen without fight.

Mass migration is definitely a problem. And when it occurred in the past, it was always a disaster for the host society.

But since it is politically incorrect to be against mass migration from 3rd world countries (especially Islamic ones, the very top of the progressive stack) we must allow it to happen without fight.
Academic questionability of your bold claims aside, this can be attributed to the fact that throughout most of human history, societies were divided almost universally along ethnic lines.

The USA is more like the middle roman republic/empire in that it exists as a political polity rather than an ethnic one. And while roman society wasn't what you might call xenophilac, they were generally very accepting of pretty much any group of people on the conditions that they accepted roman law and paid their taxes.

No, compensation amounts are not always negotiable. Although this is generally left up to the States, they legally only need to provide "just compensation", which is generally taken to mean the fair market value. Not all States have the same idea of what is fair. When it comes to negotiation, one side has all the power, as the feds can also simply take the property by passing an act, and forcing the landowner to sue the government for any compensation at all. Knowing Trump, this is the tactic his administration would take with anyone who decides to "negotiate".

You've never worked on a project that took property using eminent domain before, have you? Guns and the police getting involved isn't unheard of. And some people don't want to give up their property and will fight it a long way.

Back
Top Bottom