• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tucker Carlson visits home base

Of course I watched Russia push all the stupid right wing conspiracy theories since 2009 on everything from DHS bullets, to FEMA coffins, to Birtherism, Roundup Monsanto disinfo, etc… Russia did it purely as divisive disinfo but I guess Republicans and so called libertarians are stupid enough to think the Pooty Russia is an ally. I don’t know where Will Wily and Tupac Chopra went but they were two of them right here on this board. Reckon the last one here misses them.
It doesn’t make sense to allocate three assets to a single remote backwater forum while there are other places they can be more effective doing stuff, such as inflaming MAGAts to make sure they turn out (and make sure all their friends turn out).
In this place, even the long term ”seed of doubt” propagandist approach is probably a very low or no return proposition.

Before the net short wave radio was the medium for global political propaganda. I used to listen to Russian and Chinese radio. Putin and his administration is right out of the old Cold War propaganda play boo.a.

Chopra and Wiley might have been bots. Wiley also showed up at Metabunk.com and various comments sections on articles. Anywhere there was an article or discussion about that commercial airliner that Russia shot down those assholes would show up pushing the pooty line. They weren’t valuable assets and as far as I could tell there was no corner of the internet too small for them to target.

Chopra and Wiley and others disappeared right after Trump was inaugurated. Don’t think that was coincidence.

Of course I watched Russia push all the stupid right wing conspiracy theories since 2009 on everything from DHS bullets, to FEMA coffins, to Birtherism, Roundup Monsanto disinfo, etc… Russia did it purely as divisive disinfo but I guess Republicans and so called libertarians are stupid enough to think the Pooty Russia is an ally. I don’t know where Will Wily and Tupac Chopra went but they were two of them right here on this board. Reckon the last one here misses them.
What a load of crap. All these Conspiracy Theories are american own creation. They do get mentioned/parroted in Russia by some TV propagandists but that's about it. And what do you expect from Russian Media when President of US himself says there were falsification in the voting? :)

Last edited:
There is at least one textbook that contains that claim.
LOL, interesting (too fast to be real if you ask me) If you had followed that video you would have known that the guy follows russian textbooks too and they are not that better. But this is a recent development, for the most part and Ukrainian are still worse and had been way worse before SMO.
To be fair a lot of these books/materials are just books that authors hope to push into schools, not really used in schools. It's true for both Ukraine and Russia. And russian schools do have crazy teachers but you still have search for them.
By the way there are some teachers who are pro-ukrainian.
You need to watch that guy.

And what do you expect from Russian Media when President of US himself says there were falsification in the voting? :)
Russian media aren’t interested in reporting based on factual evidence? Thats what I would expect from quality media.

Russian media aren’t interested in reporting based on factual evidence?
No more than yours.
It's just objectively Russia is right and you are not, that creates correct impression that russian media is better.
How is Russia right if they are repeating false information given out by other media? Have they investigated the truth and reported that; I.e., that Trump has zero evidence of a stolen election and he has been a known narcissistic pathological liar for many years, so it should have come as no surprise to any organization interested in reporting truth? If that’s not what they are reporting then they are certainly not “objectively right”.

Are Cucker and Tubby useful idiots or are they compromised and profiting from their roles?

They are definitely profiting in a sense by viewership and QOP fans. In Cucker Tarlson's case, we know he was willing to bow to Trump on-air but off-air said he was in disagreement with him, not to him directly, of course. So Cucker is a compromised person who profits off of lies and probably thinks similarly about Putin. Now, do you wonder if money or services have been exchanged in Moscow? It's possible but probably not necessary.

Or is it just that the GOP supports Putin and that type of ‘government’?

Here is an interesting article from 2017, still very relevant to exploring this history of GOP support for Putin and how it came to be:

This is not an in-depth analysis of the whole interview, but it goes over three specific, promoted conspiracy theories.
these are not conspiracy theories, these are historical facts.

It's interesting that Cucker wasn't really acting as a journalist or even interviewer, but instead a propagandist. The article's take on this section is spot-on:
With Carlson’s prompting, Putin also argued that the U.S. isn’t being run by its elected officials.

"Twice you’ve described U.S. presidents making decisions and then being undercut by their agency heads," Carlson summarized. "So it sounds like you're describing a system that’s not run by the people who are elected, in your telling."

"That’s right, that’s right," Putin said.

Essentially, we have this:

Cucker: "My audience thinks X. Their partisan political opposites think Not-X. I think X. I am now going to prompt you to say X and go into detail on it. So can you frame your arguments and historical bitterness in terms of X?"

Pooty: "X."

Cucker [drooling]: "Wow, that is shocking! But also somewhat expected. Tell me more."

Pooty: "X. X. Also, X."

Cucker [nodding]: "Well, okay, then. Let's now talk about Elon Musk."

Pooty: "That guy's a genius!"

The useless cunts even squatted on our local surfing forum in 2015 and 2016 and then disappeared in January 2017. Bots are cheap and were there to echo stupid Alex Jones style "theories" the likes of which Trump latched to with the birther crap. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish between grifters, idiot true believers, and propagandists but there are patterns that come out.

How is Russia right if they are repeating false information given out by other media?
Easy, your repeat false information more.
so, that’s an admission they repeat false information? That Russian media is not good about fact checking.

And who exactly is the “you” in that accusation? Certainly Fox News is guilty of repeating false information. So much so that they owe hundreds of millions of dollars in defamation lawsuits. No argument from me there.

Back
Top Bottom