• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Unfortunately for the Trump family, Intelligence is heritable

It is delicious seeing the stooge-pologists trying to get people to believe that in the heat of a campaign, the top three people in the Trump campaign would agree to a meeting with a Russian about adoption. That is beyond laughable. Trump cares so very deeply about the chilluns that he's trying to kill tens of thousands of them and leave the rest in abject ignorance...
Where did I say that? I admitted that woman most likely lured these people using false pretenses. I also admitted that it reflects badly on these people. But for the 10th time, she had no dirt and had no intention to talk about dirt on Clinton. Now, I am not a big city lawyer but I rather doubt that this thing alone constitutes something illegal.
One of the two liars seems to be claiming that she, the Russian agent, had no dirt; but the Trump liar, having being able to review the emails that hooked him in, and knowing that Manafort and Kushner were there, is saying that the Russian agent liar had no good dirt on Clinton. So their stories don't seem to quite match up.

Here's a copy text of the full email chain. There were no false pretenses. They were very clear, and Donnie Jr. "Loved it."

Read the statement Trump Jr. tweeted out Tuesday and the email chain below:
To everyone, in order to be totally transparent, I am releasing the chain of my emails with Rob Goldstone about the meeting on June 9, 2016. The first email on June 3, 2016 was from Rob, who was relating a request from Emin, a person I know from the 2013 Ms. Universe Pageant near Moscow. Emin and his father have a very highly respected company in Moscow. The information they suggested they had about Hillary Clinton I thought was Political Opposition Research. I first wanted to just have a phone call but when that didn’t work out, they said the woman would be in New York and asked if I would meet. I decided to take the meeting. The woman, as she has said publicly, was not a government official. And, as we have said, she had no information to provide and wanted to talk about adoption policy and the Magnitsky Act. To put this in context, this occurred before the current Russian fever was in vogue. As Rob Goldstone said just today in the press, the entire meeting was “the most inane nonsense I ever heard. And I was actually agitated by it.”
June 3, 2016, 10:36 a.m.
From Rob Goldstone to Donald Trump Jr.
Good morning
Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.
The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some officials documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and hear dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.
This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump – helped by Aras and Emin.
What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?
I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.
Best,
Rob Goldstone

June 3, 2016, 10:53 a.m.
From Donald Trump Jr. to Rob Goldstone
Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?
Best,
Don

June 6, 2016, 12:40 p.m.
Hi Don
Let me know when you are free to talk with Emin by phone about this Hillary info – you had mentioned early this week so wanted to try to schedule a time and day Best to you and family Rob Goldstone

June 6, 2016, 15:03
Rob could we speak now?
d

June 6, 2016, 3:37 p.m.
Let me track him down in Moscow
What number he could call?

June 6, 2016, 15:38
My cell thanks
d

June 6, 2016, 3:43 p.m.
Ok he’s on stage in Moscow but should be off within 20 Minutes so I am sure can call Rob

June 6, 2016, 16:38
Rob thanks for the help.
D

June 7, 2016, 4:20 p.m.
Don
Hope all is well
Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.
I believe you area aware of the meeting – and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?
I assume it would be at your office.
Best,
Rob Goldstone

June 7, 2016, 5:16 p.m.
How about 3 at our offices? Thanks rob appreciate you helping set it up.
D

June 7, 2016, 5:19 p.m.
Perfect…I won’t sit in on the meeting, but will bring them at 3pm and introduce you etc. I will send the names of the two people meeting with you for security when I have them later today.
best
Rob

June 7, 2016, 18:14
Great. It will likely be Paul Manafort (campaign boss) my brother in law and me. 725 Fifth Ave 25th floor.

June 8, 2016, 10:34 a.m.
Good morning
Would it be possible to move tomorrow meeting to 4pm as the Russian attorney is in court until 3 i was just informed.
Best
Rob

June 8, 2016, 11:15
Yes Rob I could do that unless they wanted to do 3 today instead… Just let me know and ill lock it in either way.
d

June 8, 2016, 11:18 a.m.
They can’t do today as she hasn’t landed yet from Moscow 4pm is great tomorrow
Best
Rob

June 8, 2016, 12:03 p.m.
From Donald Trump Jr. to Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner
Meeting got moved to 4 tomorrow at my offices.
Best,
Don

So, this man really is monumentally stupid.

Donald Trump Jr. said:
To put this in context, this occurred before the current Russian fever was in vogue.
Also around the same time the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the election started.

So best case scenario, Donald Trump Jr. was compromised by the Russians and is too stupid to even know it, but such compromise has now been spoiled.

Worst case scenario is that Donald Trump Jr. conspired with the Russians as part of the 2016 General Election.

Donald Trump Jr. said:
To put this in context, this occurred before the current Russian fever was in vogue.
Also around the same time the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the election started.

So best case scenario, Donald Trump Jr. was compromised by the Russians and is too stupid to even know it, but such compromise has now been spoiled.

Worst case scenario is that Donald Trump Jr. conspired with the Russians as part of the 2016 General Election.

And when did the Russians strart dumping the dirt on Hillary? Two days later? Or was it only one?
Yet another amazing coincidence.

And when did the Russians strart dumping the dirt on Hillary? Two days later? Or was it only one?
Yet another amazing coincidence.
DNC leaks start on July 22nd.

Where did I say that? I admitted that woman most likely lured these people using false pretenses. I also admitted that it reflects badly on these people. But for the 10th time, she had no dirt and had no intention to talk about dirt on Clinton. Now, I am not a big city lawyer but I rather doubt that this thing alone constitutes something illegal.
I can see why that would be confusing. It's pretty subtle, really.

Trump has spent most of the year complaining about the illegal immigrant vote. To hear him put it, individuals that live and work in the US, and benefit from the US' prosperity, having one vote on who gets to run the country is tantamount to the apocalypse, a clear and present danger to our democracy and cherished principles.
But at the same time, his campaign was quite interested in allowing the Russian Government, members of whom do NOT live in the US nor enjoy US prosperity, provide 'dirt,' incriminating information to help Trump win the election, possibly enough to actually determine the election results and make Trump the winner.

This was not apocalyptic because 'everybody does it,' according to Trump, Jr. Letting Putin decide who runs the country is better, to the Trumps, than allowing non-citizen inhabitants of that country voice their opinion.

Whether she had actual dirt or not, whether she provided dirt, no combination of these variables changes the fact that Trump's posse went seeking the dirt, eyes wide open, and very interested in gathering such info from a foreign power.

Trump has spent most of the year complaining about the illegal immigrant vote. To hear him put it, individuals that live and work in the US, and benefit from the US' prosperity, having one vote on who gets to run the country is tantamount to the apocalypse, a clear and present danger to our democracy and cherished principles.
But at the same time, his campaign was quite interested in allowing the Russian Government, members of whom do NOT live in the US nor enjoy US prosperity, provide 'dirt,' incriminating information to help Trump win the election, possibly enough to actually determine the election results and make Trump the winner.

This was not apocalyptic because 'everybody does it,' according to Trump, Jr. Letting Putin decide who runs the country is better, to the Trumps, than allowing non-citizen inhabitants of that country voice their opinion.

Whether she had actual dirt or not, whether she provided dirt, no combination of these variables changes the fact that Trump's posse went seeking the dirt, eyes wide open, and very interested in gathering such info from a foreign power.

I am not a Trump apologist, I am a Russia apologist.
I have a feeling that woman tried to to have a meeting with Clinton campaign people as well, Some should check that.

I have a feeling that woman tried to to have a meeting with Clinton campaign people as well, Some should check that.
Probably would have made a lot more sense to meet with Clinton's people. Granted, she was much less likely to reverse the Obama signed legislation that'd been the topic for discussion.

Of course, the official could have tempted Clinton with dirt on Trump, such as controversial things he may have said.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?
Clinton? The woman with White House, Congress and State Department chops? Who hired actual campaign officials with experience at state and federal elections?
I really doubt such an attempt would make it past the initial screening... The volunteers would probably have hung up on her. And if they passed it up, they'd have been moved to a job that didn't involve telephones....

But still, even if this lawyer spoke to Hillary in a face-to-face, it has no bearing on whether or not Hewey, Dewey and Trump broke the law.

I have a feeling that woman tried to to have a meeting with Clinton campaign people as well...

Sure - if she wanted to spend the rest of her life in some gulag. Uncle Vlad wouldn't take well to any of his charges trying to help "that woman".

Oh, wait, you're saying that the Russian woman did nothing illegal.
Well, sure, aside from the fact that she created the situation whereby three intimate advisers to a candidate for President, and possibly the current US president, conspired to commit at least a felony, if not treason, sure. I mean, nothing illegal could have happened without her, but no, she did nothing wrong.

It is delicious seeing the stooge-pologists trying to get people to believe that in the heat of a campaign, the top three people in the Trump campaign would agree to a meeting with a Russian about adoption. That is beyond laughable. Trump cares so very deeply about the chilluns that he's trying to kill tens of thousands of them and leave the rest in abject ignorance...

It *could* on the part of the Trump campaign. This is why you see such a hubbub, this would the the "smoking gun", so to speak, even if they were duped.

Yeah, this is a big no-no in the political culture of the United States, and actually illegal. You don't take oppo from agents of a foreign state.

We know that Donald Jr conspired to commit collusion and break a few other laws. What we don't know is what took place at the meeting.

1) Was there collusion
2) Was Moscow trolling to see how unbelievably easy it was to get the Trumps on board
3) Did a person use a notable trail of connections to fool Donald Jr (the son of the guy who'd likely lose in November) to push for Adoption reform?!

I think 3 sounds so plausible.

I have a feeling that woman tried to to have a meeting with Clinton campaign people as well,

You seem hilariously certain of what she was thinking, planning, saying and knowing.
How is it that you became convinced tht you know her thoughts and actions?

Oh, it's just what he would do, if he were a NOT GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVE trying to bring an end to something that made Putin angry,but entirely as, if not a disinterested party, as one without the means to offer any sort of incentive from Putin's side, or guarantees for Putin's side, or actually open negotiations for reciprocity on Putin's side (since he never heard of Barbos, either) giving the US reps absolutely no incentive to deal...

It *could* on the part of the Trump campaign. This is why you see such a hubbub, this would the the "smoking gun", so to speak, even if they were duped.
I understand that, but the the law is badly written and hard to follow in today's world. Every presidential campaign in any country involves digging dirt on each other. Why should the source of the dirt be only local?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling that woman tried to to have a meeting with Clinton campaign people as well,

You seem hilariously certain of what she was thinking, planning, saying and knowing.
How did you become convinced I was convinced in that?

Back
Top Bottom