• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US Base In Jordan Attacked

Yes, Ziprhead thinks the US should cut a check to Iran for money that wasn't their's to begin with. And he thinks we should supply Iran with weapons too.
Well he certainly thinks it's "warmongering" to respond to an attack by the vassals of the Shiite Entity.
You have a tendency to warmonger. Own it dude.
Yes, the US should respond, but people such as yourself talk big about reprisal, forgetting that the people we are reprising against... can strike back again.
We have a bigger stick than Tehran does.
We cannot forego a strong response based on what they might to in response. That way lies paralysis. Even you admit that. "The US should respond". Indeed. But nothing.
Nothing? You realize it takes time to analyze, plan, execute, right? This isn't a nuclear war which requires immediate response or else. I will admit, I am not saddled with any sort of delusion that I have access to a huge amount of intel and know the weaknesses or appropriate targets (military, economic, etc...) of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard. So, I can't say how best to respond in a manner that will cause quite a bit of effective pain, whether physical, economic, etc... Forget about the ever shifting conditions on the ground and in the economics. I'd rather a strike occur that was effective over being immediate.
So responses need to be targeted, strategic, and impactful. Bombing Tehran isn't stopping anything at this point.
I agree. The pinpricks Biden is doing in Yemen are not that - Houthi forces needed to be hit directly.
I wasn't aware you were so in-tune with the ground standings in Yemen.
Same thing here. I am not advocating randomly bombing Tehran. But hitting IRGC bases and assets would be appropriate. Tehran may be willing to fight US and Israel to the last Iraqi and the last Palestinian, but not to the last Iranian.
Nationalizing Iran is a bad idea. The Iranian leadership's grasp on the people isn't what it used to be. The last thing we want to do is solidify that grasp. The solution to the Iranian issue is an Iranian people's revolution, but that ain't happening with our involvement. But our involvement certainly can delay it. This is the 21st Century. You should start understanding the responses don't have to be in the form of mid 20th century style.

Sill no military response from regime in Washington?
Looks like there are some semi-sane people there.

Sill no military response from regime in Washington?
Looks like there are some semi-sane people there.
Please let me know when DC tells you what they did in response to the attack. Thanks in advance.

So we are stuck with an old meme because Biden struck at the bases and sources of risk to US military forces. And not Iran directly.

So we are stuck with an old meme because Biden struck at the bases and sources of risk to US military forces. And not Iran directly.
You do realize that Biden administration warned Iran about targets so that Iran can evacuate their people?
US is in no position to fight a war in Iran. US regime knows damn well, that War in Iran means US fleet gets destroyed by Iranian and russian missiles. Russia would be more than happy to proxy attack regime in Washington.

You do realize that Biden administration warned Iran about targets so that Iran can evacuate their people?
US is in no position to fight a war in Iran. US regime knows damn well, that War in Iran means US fleet gets destroyed by Iranian and russian missiles. Russia would be more than happy to proxy attack regime in Washington.
FFS, the US would defeat Iran. It'd be awful, it'd require a draft, massive casualties for both sides, but to fucking hell the US couldn't win.

FFS, the US would defeat Iran. It'd be awful, it'd require a draft, massive casualties for both sides, but to fucking hell the US couldn't win.
I did not say you can't. But what you described can hardly be called a victory.

Iran knows US is not prepared for war with them, considering that Russia will most likely help them.
Their goal is gently push you out of Middle East, at least out of Iraq/Syria. So these proxy attacks will continue.
Coincidently Russian goals in ME are the same.

By "win", you mean displace their current governement but fail to establish control, getting stuck in another generational quagmire we would eventually be forced to concede, right?

By "win", you mean displace their current governement but fail to establish control, getting stuck in another generational quagmire we would eventually be forced to concede, right?
And the disruption/destruction war causes to the affected country’s education system will mean a generation lost while they struggle to rebuild and restaff schools.

Ukraine is the good fight we should be fighting after the blatant attack by their aggressive neighbor. Israel is not. Israel is our mistake will refuse to admit to.

Iran knows US is not prepared for war with them, considering that Russia will most likely help them.
Lulz! Keep telling yourself that.
Combined might of Iran and Russia totals less than a third of California’s.

US and UK strike Houthi targets in Yemen one day after US strikes in Iraq and Syria

The US and UK have conducted strikes on Houthi targets in Yemen from air and surface platforms, including fighter jets, with the support of several other countries. At least 30 targets were struck across at least 10 locations, according to two US officials.

The targets included command and control; an underground weapons storage facility; and other weapons used by the Houthis to target international shipping lanes, one official said.

“Our aim remains to de-escalate tensions and restore stability in the Red Sea but let us reiterate our warning to Houthi leadership: we will not hesitate to continue to defend lives and the free flow of commerce in one of the world’s most critical waterways in the face of continued threats,” the US and UK said in a joint statement with Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Denmark, the Netherlands and New Zealand.

Back
Top Bottom